For users of DAZ History Manager

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    I'm having a problem. With each program I try to log in to, it tells me that that either I'm not logging in properly or the site is down...

Sure your login data are correct? If yes, do you have any unusual characters in your password?

Yes I am. I think this started when I chose to ignore an error it warned me about in the .NET Framework. This is odd because I am running a Windows 7. I'll PM you what exactly it is doing...

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited September 2012

zigraphix said:
    Taozen said:
    zigraphix said:

It would be handy to be able to sort by purchase date instead, though. With the downloads, it would be handy to be able to sort by downloads left, perhaps, as that's a good way of identifying a product that hasn't been downloaded yet, and it's easy to miss a 4 (or a 5) in the list if you've got a lot of available downloads to scroll through.

You can just use the "Download and clear selected files" option, which will reset Downloads Left to zero when a file has been sucessfully downloaded. The "Do not show files with 0 downloads left" filter (under "Settings") will then hide them.

The other option "Clear selected files" will clear the files without downloading them, you can get rid of files you already have downloaded that way.

The first time you use the software, you still have to check to see if there's anything you haven't downloaded yet. I found two product files I'm pretty sure I didn't download before, and I hope I didn't miss any, because I did clear the downloads afterward, so it would be easier to see what I'm doing from now on.

If you should happen to download the same file twice with the program it will just overwrite the existing file (provided you use the same path settings).

But forcing the Downloads Left to zero makes me uncomfortable, to be honest. I worry that I'll need to reset the file again because I've actually missed something after all, or because I can't figure out where the files installed, or any of a number of other reasons. (Maybe just because I'm an insecure pack rat....) A local record that the file has been downloaded on a certain date would seem to make sense. I made that suggestion in your thread about these utilities, once I found it. ;)
    Well you already have that information in the log file, which is saved in the download folder. It could also be saved in a .csv file for that matter, that’s easy to implement.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    zigraphix said:

But forcing the Downloads Left to zero makes me uncomfortable, to be honest. I worry that I'll need to reset the file again because I've actually missed something after all, or because I can't figure out where the files installed, or any of a number of other reasons. (Maybe just because I'm an insecure pack rat....) A local record that the file has been downloaded on a certain date would seem to make sense. I made that suggestion in your thread about these utilities, once I found it. ;)

Well you already have that information in the log file, which is saved in the download folder. It could also be saved in a .csv file for that matter, that’s easy to implement.

An option to hide downloads that have already been recorded as downloaded in the log file would be nice.

edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Taozen said:
    zigraphix said:

An option to hide downloads that have already been recorded as downloaded in the log file would be nice.

Well if I decide to continue developing the DAZ downloader it will probably, together with the other downloaders, be linked to a content file management system with some kind of database that keeps track of everything. I believe that will provide everything you ask for.

As for the "Download and clear selected files" option it's 100% safe - it will not clear a file from the list before it has checked that the file has been downloaded and that fhe file size is correct (it gets the file size from the server and compares it to the size of the downloaded file). So if you use that option you can't really miss any file. It also has the advantage that you can see on the DAZ download page which files have been downloaded.

Another thing though concerning the file clearing feature - I've just discovered that it has started to fail, i.e. it may not clear all the files completely, but leave some with still 1 or 2 downloads left. It looks like the server no longer can handle the speed the clearing requests are sent with and therefore skips some of them, so in the current version (1.100) this feature is no longer reliable. Looks like it can be fixed by inserting a delay between the requests, this will make the feature a lot slower but there don't seem to be any other options. Will send out an auto-update as soon as I have tested it...

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Well if I decide to continue developing the DAZ downloader it will probably, together with the other downloaders, be linked to a content file management system with some kind of database that keeps track of everything. I believe that will provide everything you ask for.

This would be very cool. It would also be nice to be able to put in a ShareCG link or a URL to another freebie site, even if you download the file manually, so you can really track where everything comes from. I desperately want to be able to get all of my content tagged in the Content Manager as to who the artist is and whether there are commercial use restrictions.

Which just gave me an idea about a rendering script that would put metadata about content into the EXIF area of a jpg image... I'll post about that in Nuts n Bolts. ;)

edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Taozen said:

This would be very cool. It would also be nice to be able to put in a ShareCG link or a URL to another freebie site, even if you download the file manually, so you can really track where everything comes from. I desperately want to be able to get all of my content tagged in the Content Manager as to who the artist is and whether there are commercial use restrictions.

That will be included also, of course.

Which just gave me an idea about a rendering script that would put metadata about content into the EXIF area of a jpg image... I'll post about that in Nuts n Bolts. ;)

Good idea. And please give DAZ a copy they can use for their product promo pics... ;-)

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited December 1969

Is there a different tutorial for this? For some reason my computer only shows a blank page when I open the daz3d tutorial :(

edited December 1969

Is there a different tutorial for this? For some reason my computer only shows a blank page when I open the daz3d tutorial :(

Not sure which tutorial you mean?

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited December 1969

Never mind lol. I figured it out. Your programs really are very intuitive :) I finally downloaded the History Manager and the Content Downloader for DAZ because my backup fried and I needed to redo it. It always takes me forever to learn a new program (Took me a month to figure out Gimp for heavens sake) This took like 5 minutes before I understood what I was supposed to be doing. Which is pretty much a miracle. Thank you so very much for putting these out there. You are a life saver.

edited December 1969

Never mind lol. I figured it out. Your programs really are very intuitive :) I finally downloaded the History Manager and the Content Downloader for DAZ because my backup fried and I needed to redo it. It always takes me forever to learn a new program (Took me a month to figure out Gimp for heavens sake) This took like 5 minutes before I understood what I was supposed to be doing. Which is pretty much a miracle. Thank you so very much for putting these out there. You are a life saver.

You're welcome. What happened to the error you got?

• sonicexysonicexy Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I've checked off on a list of manual duplex reset.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Not sure which tutorial you mean?

The video tutorials are working again now, they really need to be updated but they should show you how to use the basic functions.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to make it work on my mac using crossover. crossover is a software that fools windows software into thinking windows is on the computer even if it is not.
    I have a question. The password at the bottom left of the UI? Is that meant to be the email address and password for logging into the daz account or do I just make up a new username and password?
    Love esther

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    I'm trying to make it work on my mac using crossover. crossover is a software that fools windows software into thinking windows is on the computer even if it is not.
    I have a question. The password at the bottom left of the UI? Is that meant to be the email address and password for logging into the daz account or do I just make up a new username and password?
    Love esther

Those are the email address and password for logging into DAZ3D.

edited December 1969

Okay, well i put in my usual daz username and pasword but it won't accept it ie won't log in, which i need to do to complete the installation. I went to the history manager website and found the version number was higher than my last one but when I went to get info the file sizes are exactly the same size and the creation date and time is the same so I don' tthink it is an upgrade.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Make sure you use your email address and not your forum username.

edited December 1969

I did. Maybe it is some mac problem but it the login buttons don't do anything.

edited October 2012

so near and yet so far...

Post edited by esther on
    edited December 1969

when I'm trying to install it I get an error. sometimes I get the update message but that doens't seem to do anything.

Screen_shot_2012-10-17_at_4.29_.16_PM_.png
    1218 x 797 - 106K
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Okay, well i put in my usual daz username and pasword but it won't accept it ie won't log in, which i need to do to complete the installation. I went to the history manager website and found the version number was higher than my last one but when I went to get info the file sizes are exactly the same size and the creation date and time is the same so I don' tthink it is an upgrade.

Where did you get the first one from?

edited December 1969

I got it here. I can't remember if I got both of them here.
    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/
    My first one was called a0536 but inside the file was the same installer file.

edited October 2012

esther said:
    when I'm trying to install it I get an error. sometimes I get the update message but that doens't seem to do anything.

That error means that the DAZ server is forcing the connection to close for some reason. I can't see from the error message though which part of the code that is generating the error.

Try if you can get this program to run. If it runs, try if you can log in. If you can, let it run for a while and see if the connection is stable. If you run into errors, check the error.log file and send a copy to support @ taosoft.dk if there's anything in it.

http://taosoft.dk/temp/DAZLoginTester-1002.zip

Post edited by Taoz on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Your logon checker works fine on my end. The History Manager just gets better and better. I reset a bunch of DSON files so off to check to see if it worked.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Your logon checker works fine on my end. The History Manager just gets better and better. I reset a bunch of DSON files so off to check to see if it worked.

Thanks for the feedback. The DSON checker is fairly simple, and should be very reliable. The only issue may be if the DAZ server can't handle the speed of the reset request and drop some of them, but so far it hasn't failed yet during all the tests I've made so it don't seem to be a problem. Could make it check the download page of course, I already have the code necessary for that.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Oh yes, it worked like a charm! I did it yesterday, found 184 files to download and with your downloader I had them on my computer within half an hour!
    Great work Taozen! I'm sorry I didn't report it yesterday.

Love, Jeanne
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    RAMWolff said:

Oh yes, it worked like a charm! I did it yesterday, found 184 files to download and with your downloader I had them on my computer within half an hour!

I suppose it wasn't DSON files (products/items), for currently there is only 103 of these?

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    JeanneM said:
    RAMWolff said:

I suppose it wasn't DSON files (products/items), for currently there is only 103 of these?

It were DSON products but there were really that much files with a total of 2.5 Gb (if I remember it well... now you made me wondering.... :lol: ) the V5 pro bundle was in it and Michael 5, I have the logfile but there is no mention of the quantity of files..... ohh and the genesis evolution morphs, and ethnicity bundle among other things. They don't have DSON files I think but the history manager found them. Also the Gen3Shapes bundle. Hmmmm and it's after midnight already here otherwise I would probably count them again.Now I'm too tired to do that. :)

Anyway, I'm really happy with the tools you made, didn't use them for Renderosity or RDNA yet because they're all zip files and my budget is limited. :)

I'm off to bed, keep up on doing the good work and most important: Keep up on doing the things you like to do. :)

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

Taozen,
    I didn't yet install that debug thing you gave me but I did send you copies of a lot of info I have so far on my problem which I don't understand but which might help you.
    I sent it to that email addy you included above.
    Thanks,
    Love esther

• WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

I have a new problem. Not sure if it is new with the last update or not, but I can't sort any more.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

I have been using the program to reset my DSON files, however, after leaving the PC for an hour and returning I now get this error when checking for the DSON files. I had used it successfully until then and still had some left to go. Any ideas?

DHM_Error.jpg
    1049 x 680 - 125K