the kid

Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Based on a character from author Samuel R Delany's 1974 novel, "DHALGREN"

Character created with M4w/morphs. Clothing, optical chain, light shield, "brass orchid" (weapon) created using Hexagon 2.5. The Bellona cityscape is a work in progress. The optical chain and prisms began to slow DAZ Studio so I had to simplify it and other elements several times. ...still learning : )

A larger version can be seen here:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/107/2/c/2c8d65265bec4c3a7b116b4f4cc271bc-d4w737n.jpg

Comments

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I love it..............and, the dude has only one boot on, that's what I call different. Well done my friend.:coolsmile:

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Nice job. I don't know of the actual character you based him on, but he reminds me of Michael Beck's character Swan in The Warriors.

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
    edited June 2012

Characters from a few Delany novels are described as wearing only one shoe. Some exist in a future where man has learned to utilize one or both feet as extra hands while in zero-G. Here “the kid” wears clothing selected for him by a young member of a gang known as “The Scorpions”. Their trademark is the black vest, jeans, bladed weapon and holographic light shield (at times his only source of lighting in a ruined city). He ruins his own clothes attempting to rescue a boy who fell down an elevator shaft.

Post edited by Sky Hndx on
  • outaouta Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Man it has been a long time since I read that book. So my first thought was he doesn't look 15. I guess I should go read the book again. :-)
    I might be confusing him with something else from Samuel R Delany.
    Thanks for the idea of a good read and its a interesting picture all though the sun looks flatten out. One would expect some light coming from it and landing on the buildings and his back.
    You have two shadows. I would have turned off one of them so as not to distract from the minds of your viewers.

Just my thoughts.
    O.

Post edited by outa on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Sky_ said:
    Characters from a few Delany novels are described as wearing only one shoe. Some exist in a future where man has learned to utilize one or both feet as extra hands while in zero-G.

Mouse!!
    Erm sorry, I'm a bit of a Nova fangirl =D Haven't yet had a chance to read Dhalgren, but all the other books by Mr Delany I've read are amazing.

And I like the modeling job on this, quite detailed, very cool!

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

In the future I want to try a scene from Nova. Have a few ideas for Lorq Von Ray's face and of course the Mouse. : ) I'd also love to try Tyy, her taro cards and the winged gillies.

• omarshahzadcaomarshahzadca Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

The Kid is mean reincarnation and while survives for several days for facing starvation.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Sky_ said:
    In the future I want to try a scene from Nova. Have a few ideas for Lorq Von Ray's face and of course the Mouse. : ) I'd also love to try Tyy, her taro cards and the winged gillies.

Would be awesome to see! Wishing you much inspiration =)