Daz to Hexagon Bridge Issue

lunchladylunchlady Posts: 67
edited September 2015 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello :D

Up until about a week ago, I could send G3 to hexagon with no issues...then I started getting this error message. 

I have reinstalled Hexagon, but no go....any ideas?

Post edited by lunchlady on

Comments

• You will need to try and post your image again, it does not show.

I just tried this, and it works for me DS4.8.0.59, 64 bit.

• OK...will try this via attachment.....

Capture.JPG
    597 x 234 - 35K
  • I just tried it and it works for me too.

My set-up is Win7-64 bit. DS 4.8.0.59-64bit and Hexagon 2.5.1.79.

Parts of G3f does turn invisible when I rotate around the scene, but apart from that it works fine. 

• Don't know the answer to this one off-hand, but it looks like one of the INI files has the wrong information recorded, reinstalling Hex should have fixed it I think.   The only other thing that I can suggest is reinstalling DAZ Studio.   Not as bad as it sounds if you use DIM, and it doesn;t touch your content folders at all.

• OK, will give that a try. Thanks!!

• OK...after all of that...I reinstalled each program...no go.

So...I updated GoZ...POOF. WORKS. lol...feeling kinda silly...but at least it works!!

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited September 2015

No idea why GoZ had anything to do with it. Glad to hear you got things working again :)

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • lunchladylunchlady Posts: 67
    edited September 2015

Post edited by lunchlady on
  • It was short lived...sort of.......Tried it this morning, nothing but the error message. Since I still had the installer on my desktop, I figrued...hum, why not give that a try again...and it works again!!

???

Not sure what that means..............O.o

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

I recently had a similar problem with the Studio-Bryce bridge.   Sudenly stopped working after a Studio update.  Kept insiting I need an older version of Bryce for the bridge to work. After  much to-ing-and-froing with support, they recommended that I uninstall all three, delete the DzInstall.ini file, then re-install Studio then Bryce and Hex.  That solved the problem - apparently Studio needs to be installed before the others, because it is the kingpin in the stable!

Hope this isn't going to happen with every Studio update:)

• I sent Gen 3 for Hexagon. I created some morphs body. I returned to Gen 3 Dazstudio and for some reason I do not know. Gen 3 is with his teeth all deformed. Has anyone had this problem. This is unheard of for me.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I sent Gen 3 for Hexagon. I created some morphs body. I returned to Gen 3 Dazstudio and for some reason I do not know. Gen 3 is with his teeth all deformed. Has anyone had this problem. This is unheard of for me.

There are 2 HD morphs that are on by default, Teeth Realism and a Navel morph.  You need to turn those off or they get doubled up.

• For those my friends who are having problems with 64-bit, Win7, Win8, Win10, with Hexagon. You should do this and Hexagon works fine. Apparently is problem with OpenGL. This is not a software, this that comes to your video card. Although, maybe you, like me, at the moment can not buy a new video card. Follow this, in Hexagon:

Edit / Preference editor / tab - 3D display / advanced / Change - Open GL optmization for: No optmization - Validate - and will work fine with 64 bits.

• I sent Gen 3 for Hexagon. I created some morphs body. I returned to Gen 3 Dazstudio and for some reason I do not know. Gen 3 is with his teeth all deformed. Has anyone had this problem. This is unheard of for me.

There are 2 HD morphs that are on by default, Teeth Realism and a Navel morph.  You need to turn those off or they get doubled up.

I never used HD. Yes my friend, I may have done it and will actually double the morph and deform. Thank you. I will be more careful with these HD morphs.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Edit / Preference editor / tab - 3D display / advanced / Change - Open GL optmization for: No optmization - Validate - and will work fine with 64 bits.

Since I got my new computer with a 1 Gig Nvidea graphics card and 64 bit Win7, I have used Open GL optimisation VBO without any problems.  It is important to set the GC to let the application decide on optimisation.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

I sent Gen 3 for Hexagon. I created some morphs body. I returned to Gen 3 Dazstudio and for some reason I do not know. Gen 3 is with his teeth all deformed. Has anyone had this problem. This is unheard of for me.

Good to know, thanks :-)