PBS Metals , Metallic Plastics and Paints shaders for Iray [commercial] Just released

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited July 2015

Very beautiful ! it looks just like a snake chain .. very creative thinking @Babult looks real ! I have exactly the same in real world just the heart is crystal clear 

barbult said:

I used 14K Gold and one of the alpha patterns (pattern 8) to turn the heart necklace cord into something that more resembled a chain.

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Hi,
    maybe it's just me.. but it seems like the new DAZ forum format disrupted this thread: the high-res images attached stay at low res even if I click on them.

no difference here , just checked ..

• DemiurgentDemiurgent Posts: 97
    edited August 2015

Just a fast note to say I kind of live in these shaders now. They're fantastic!

I'm attaching a Work in Progress which pulls a lot from these -- in particular I used them on the armor's boots, to reflect that the energy exhaust is hard on the metal. Having that kind of granular control is just cool.

Steward-Clear.png
    595 x 964 - 997K
    Post edited by Demiurgent on
  • MEC4D said:

no difference here , just checked ..

oh ok, the high res versions did not show since I was not logged in :/ sorry

• By the way, I saw some of Your renders with Iray on DeviantArt I was expecting Your first IRAY shader to be something dealing with skin cheeky!

Keep up the good work!!

Great! glad you like it and thanks for sharing ! 

Just a fast note to say I kind of live in these shaders now. They're fantastic!

I'm attaching a Work in Progress which pulls a lot from these -- in particular I used them on the armor's boots, to reflect that the energy exhaust is hard on the metal. Having that kind of granular control is just cool.

edited August 2015

Shaders for skin need more than just universal shader for that reason I am waiting for G3M to release my first Iray set Buddy3  , and so far the best of them all ;)

I just updated my all machines and need get back at work finishing all the extra stuff I am behind already..more shaders in production

and thank you !

0By the way, I saw some of Your renders with Iray on DeviantArt I was expecting Your first IRAY shader to be something dealing with skin cheeky!

Keep up the good work!!

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

I've played with these a bit and they look VERY good! They also work really well alongside Sedor's paint shaders. 

Thank you for your feedback, the shaders are based on true PBR values the best you can get plus calibrated for Iray  

Madbat said:

I've played with these a bit and they look VERY good! They also work really well alongside Sedor's paint shaders. 

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

I just updated my all machines and need get back at work finishing all the extra stuff I am behind already..more shaders in production.

What did you get? (machine updates?)

just metaphor for my workstations ..one more fan and it will fly like a drone lol 

bicc39 said:

I just updated my all machines and need get back at work finishing all the extra stuff I am behind already..more shaders in production.

What did you get? (machine updates?)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

FWIW, these shaders don't show up when you search the Daz store for either "shader" or your vendor name. This is a great product and I would think you would like to have Daz fix the issue. Search does return the correct result if I search for "pbs shaders".

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    fastbike1 said:

FWIW, these shaders don't show up when you search the Daz store for either "shader" or your vendor name. This is a great product and I would think you would like to have Daz fix the issue. Search does return the correct result if I search for "pbs shaders".

I get it listed if I search for either shaders or Mec4d.

You're right. I got trapped by the "hide items I own" checkbox. Sorry for the alarm. 

fastbike1 said:

I get it listed if I search for either shaders or Mec4d.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    edited September 2015

Im doubting myself a little, the Metal 1.8 Old is a base right?? So for example I apply the iron 1.8 first then the iron rust on top??

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Yes that is correct, you can apply  top layers to any metal base , also you can apply metal pain on base metal to have metal scratches , first base metal then on top anything you  want, metal base will always  reset the preview surface.

KA1 said:

Im doubting myself a little, the Metal 1.8 Old is a base right?? So for example I apply the iron 1.8 first then the iron rust on top??

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    MEC4D said:

Yes that is correct, you can apply  top layers to any metal base , also you can apply metal pain on base metal to have metal scratches , first base metal then on top anything you  want, metal base will always  reset the preview surface.

KA1 said:

Thank you, I thought unwashed doing it correctly the 1.8 iron was just looking more black than I expected and thought I'd done something wrong before applying the rust! Thanks for the response :)

use Iron base 12 for the rust effect if looks too dark, 12 is better for darker scenes or without direct sun light

• Any hint of what could be planned for 'volume 2'? Or would that be other substances, such as liquids?

• Prop chains, whips, etc LOL

Hay Cath, you are a wizard with these shaders. Here's a new render. The vehicle uses your PBS shaders for all the metal and plastic (i.e. fuel cans, etc) surfaces. I used the metallica grey paint and followed up with the dirty steel smart layer for the body panels. Frame tubes and other metallic parts are generally the steel shader.

I was very pleased with the resulting used look.

Thanks again for your art and your help.

Larry

Elise in Desolation.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 437K

I think liquids was covered many times already  , working on other surfaces that are needed , right now scanning many species of wood , fabrics and other organic materials

Any hint of what could be planned for 'volume 2'? Or would that be other substances, such as liquids?

Very well done Larry , especially love the car surfaces, looking really good

thanks for sharing !

fastbike1 said:

Hay Cath, you are a wizard with these shaders. Here's a new render. The vehicle uses your PBS shaders for all the metal and plastic (i.e. fuel cans, etc) surfaces. I used the metallica grey paint and followed up with the dirty steel smart layer for the body panels. Frame tubes and other metallic parts are generally the steel shader.

I was very pleased with the resulting used look.

Thanks again for your art and your help.

Larry

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited September 2015
    MEC4D said:

I think liquids was covered many times already, working on other surfaces that are needed , right now scanning many species of wood , fabrics and other organic materials

Would flesh-themed shaders be covered by the 'organic' category? I've been wanting to create the type of materials depicted in HR Giger's work and a good way to do that would be using fleshy shaders. Especially if they can look like they're glistening with wetness.

I could see flesh-themed Iray shaders being excellent for medical/anatomical uses, too. We could use them to create, say, blown-up illustrations of blood vessel interiors to depict medical treatments... Could probably use them on the internal organs products made for the V4/M4 skeletons, too.

Maybe bone and crustacean shell shaders for Iray, too?

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Already in my wish list to buy soon. Hopefully while on sale.

• Finally got the chance to obtain this and have done some very limited experimented with it.

As impressive as hoped for...

That is for sure , most of then will be under organic shaders , all my shaders are based on real world measurements  and I still research many of them as just for the eye is not what I want to do , I am scanning all sort of materials for some time including bizarre elements but we need them all... 

the woods will be done soon , including 50 species of wood, as tiled squares for any wood models and also wood floors with matte and glossy top layers 

the resolution of the scanned materials is incredible and as bizarre as it sounds I have also muscle tissue scans, bones etc.. not human of course lol

MEC4D said:

I think liquids was covered many times already, working on other surfaces that are needed , right now scanning many species of wood , fabrics and other organic materials

Would flesh-themed shaders be covered by the 'organic' category? I've been wanting to create the type of materials depicted in HR Giger's work and a good way to do that would be using fleshy shaders. Especially if they can look like they're glistening with wetness.

I could see flesh-themed Iray shaders being excellent for medical/anatomical uses, too. We could use them to create, say, blown-up illustrations of blood vessel interiors to depict medical treatments... Could probably use them on the internal organs products made for the V4/M4 skeletons, too.

Maybe bone and crustacean shell shaders for Iray, too?

I am very picky regarding physical rendering , for me just look good do not work, if the shader is set by the physics it will works always in any light condition, if the values are from imagination it will not 

I tested many time each material to be sure it work the way it should even with the trusted data , still I have to see it to be sure .. I use it now in my all work and it save a lot of time 

after October 30 I am starting with very affordable  HDRI light and maps from New York and areas . Right now finishing a lot of new products so busy time again 

but any ideas are welcome , I try to cover them all one by one so we will have the best database ever in DS for physical rendering 

Finally got the chance to obtain this and have done some very limited experimented with it.

As impressive as hoped for...

• well I really liked the iray shaders got with daz 4.8 but these WOW just WOW love them and your making more? wood and skin related from what I read her :) any wicker? how about gem stones, scales & sea related and feathers. Love the reflections got off these shaders looks so real can expect these to really enhance my renders now

serenity 12.jpg
    1326 x 1326 - 283K