The Historical Closet Thread

Comments

• RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Heads up, M4 (and Poser) users!
    I've just uploaded three caps smart-propped for M4 to my ShareCQ account. Zip file contains both a Poser runtime folder, and a plain .obj object folder.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/63011/gallery/11/Poser/Fur-Caps-for-M4

The Poser props also come with three options for fur settings, as shown below, as well as the plain caps.

Cap3Promo.jpg
    1440 x 494 - 135K
    Cap2Promo.jpg
    1440 x 577 - 167K
    Cap1Promo.jpg
    1407 x 534 - 131K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Thank you Rosemaryr. They are beautiful and will be very useful for that certain Napolean in Russia scene I am working on.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Those are some wonderful hats!

Perfect for the cold of a Siberian winter or the steppes and the Golden Horde.

If anybody needs some Mongol textures this is from a studded quilted coat worn as light armour. The real thing though later than the Genghis Kahn period. Most likely 17th century. It's probably better as a guide than a texture due to low lighting.

mongolianstudded.jpg
    149 x 374 - 14K
    edited December 1969

I'm enjoying the hats. This one is not really historical - more 70s spy drama. Fur is from Teresa Tyllo - my favourite fur textures.

spyinthecold.jpg
    223 x 278 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Welllll... the seventies *is* history..... right?? *giggle*

edited December 1969

Rosemaryr said:
    Welllll... the seventies *is* history..... right?? *giggle*

Well it will be history one day anyway. They probably do it all at school now.

Really bad day - trying to get new Poser 9 set up as the sale convinced me to update from 7. Hope it wasn't a mistake.

edited June 2012

Forgot to post this. Some good poses for M4 faffing with a hat in a 17th century way. Work fine in DS but Poser < 9 complains about version. They string together well to make little animations.

M4 - Gentlemanly Conduct

Now have P9 working and enjoying the new interface.

hatM41.jpg
    410 x 300 - 20K
    Post edited by Baglet on
    edited December 1969

I love vacations! Got some more freebies done for you guys! First up: turbans!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63158/view/11/Poser/Two-turban-props-for-Micheal-4

These are two styles of turbans, made in MD, using an insane amount of virtual cloth, twisted and wrapped around poor M4's noggin.
    The first (Soft Turban) is usable in Mid-Eastern looks, as well as Orientalist revivalism, circa French Revolution and even into the Victorian age.
    The second is based on a Tuareg style, piled high.
    Both are smart props, fitted to M4.

Both have an additional version, with Poser dynamics. The Soft turban can also have a tail, which drapes over the shoulder, and the Tribal turban has a dynamic face/neck cloth addition.

Promo2.jpg
    1218 x 529 - 92K
    Promo1.jpg
    1440 x 824 - 172K
    edited December 1969

The second freebie offering is what I call a 'false' turban: not really wrapped. Instead it is 'sewed' together in MD using different strips to create the look of a twisted turban.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/63159/gallery/11/Poser/Turban-Turban-band-and-Fez

This one comes with a full turban, a turban band, and two fez(es) of different heighths. The fez fits into the turban band item for a third look altogether.
    There are plenty of material zones for your creative mix-and-match texture play.
    Smart-propped to M4, in a Poser runtime folder. I also have the plain Obj object and UV maps available.

TurbanPromo1.jpg
    978 x 647 - 204K
    TurbanPromo2.jpg
    782 x 383 - 55K
    FezAndBand.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 127K
    edited December 1969

Playing with the turbans before breakfast.... Using indigo fabrics as I think that's what the Tuareg use.

TurbanM4.jpg
    434 x 325 - 46K
    edited December 1969

I've finally got my MD licence!

edited December 1969

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the neat things you come up with!

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

good to see this thread lives on.

Thanks for the great hat props RosemaryR - the fluffy fur one looks awesome and is making me think about mongols. I've been working on some horse textures and now I'm thinking about the hair room and horse skins.

question - I know several people here have picked up my K4 Enfanta clothing set. Would there be any interest in a texture addition? I found three more unfinished textures for it socked away on my hd. A red gold set theme roses, a green on green set theme butterflies, and a floral embroidery on white .

Lyrra

edited December 1969

I don't know if anyone is still looking at this thread. I damaged amuscle in my arm so have been away from everything for a while.

Here's a tile of some 18th century fabric from Seville Cathedral Treasury.

sevcath.jpg
    600 x 600 - 229K
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    I don't know if anyone is still looking at this thread. I damaged amuscle in my arm so have been away from everything for a while.

Here's a tile of some 18th century fabric from Seville Cathedral Treasury.

Very pretty Baglet. Thank you very much.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Not sure how I missed this thread (wait, actually, I do: I haven't been very active here since the switch), but I'm glad I found it! Lots of nice stuff in here, and Rosemaryr, I think I have to tell you I love you for those turbans. ;)

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited September 2012

Great the thread is still alive! :)
    My free seamless tiles below.

tyllo_decadent21.jpg
    512 x 512 - 147K
    tyllo_decadence43.jpg
    512 x 512 - 124K
    Tyllo-LIBM003e.jpg
    512 x 512 - 146K
    Post edited by Teresa Tyllo on
    edited December 1969

Great the thread is still alive! :)
    My free seamless tiles below.

Very pretty Teresa. I have been taking your tiles and creating shaders with bump, specularity and reflection added. They are so pretty. Thank you very much for all of the textures that you have created and shared.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Yes. Teresa's tiles are always lovely and so useful for so many things.

Edited to add BTW Teresa. I saved the list of all the freebie links that you had posted in the old forum. The links to forum pages do need editing to direct them to the archived pages, but it shouldn't take too long to do. Do you want the list reposted.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited September 2012

@Dollygirl
    You're very welcome, my friend! Thanks for your kind comment. :)

---------------------------------
    Pam, thanks as well. :)
    Apropo's my old list, It won't be nessesery because everything has been changed (links, images, server...etc)
    We're still at our camping to the end of September and I only have my old puter here. After coming home I'll make another list with some new+old freebies.
    Anyhow thanks for the thought - I'll let you know when the new list will be ready, to get your advice. OK?

Post edited by Teresa Tyllo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK fine. I saved the list because I didn't want it to be lost. I think your stuff is just too good to be lost.

edited December 1969

Another little tile from an altar cloth. I thought I'd post it before I go travelling. A bit worried as we're heading for the Alps.

epeck.jpg
    366 x 492 - 140K
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for the fabric tiles, Baglet.

Rosemaryr, very nice hats. Especially, the turbin. Are each of the colored segments a different pattern piece?

After seeing the Renaissance Male Clothing For Genesis, I wanted to make something similar for M4. So ... after a couple weeks, I finally completed it. The trunks are a bit more deflated than the Genesis version (his left hand is too close, so inflated, they were pressing against the ruffle on his left hand).

I enjoyed fun making the outfit, but shoes are a bit more challenging in MD2. Not that they can be seen in this image! The outfit includes Hosen, Trunks (with the panes only attached at the waist and legbands), doublet, sleeves (I ended up sewing them to the doublet after all though), neck ruff, sleeve ruffs, soft cap, handkerchief, and shoes.

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Ooopsie.

Here is a smaller version of it.

May I ask what happened to this outfit? It's really nice.

edited December 1969

Sean,

This thread seems to have lost any activity. There seems to be a problem with notifications maybe an unresolved bug in the new system. Maybe somebody will find it again and be able to help you.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Sean,

This thread seems to have lost any activity. There seems to be a problem with notifications maybe an unresolved bug in the new system. Maybe somebody will find it again and be able to help you.

I've lost notifications also...

I'm not sure that they ever planned to release it. You may have better luck if you pm them directly.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Pendraia's correct. I created the outfit for personal use. Sorry.

Pendraia said:
    Baglet said:
    Sean,

I'm not sure that they ever planned to release it. You may have better luck if you pm them directly.

edited December 1969

Pendraia's correct. I created the outfit for personal use. Sorry.

Pendraia said:
    Baglet said:
    Sean,

Thanks for posting Satira! I thought that was the case...

I've been spending some time trying to convert some Gen 3 outfits to Genesis. I've had some success but find that little things bring me undone.

Looks great from a distance but when you get up close you can see where it has moved apart as it is all separate bits...any thoughts on how this could be fixed.

It's the everafter dress for aiko...

everafterbasicmale_b.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
    everafterbasicmale.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Looks great from a distance but when you get up close you can see where it has moved apart as it is all separate bits...any thoughts on how this could be fixed.

It looks like the problem seems to be mainly in the Y axis. Maybe scale that up a little. What did you use for the conversion or did you do it from scratch (mind boggles)?

I've had quite a bit of success with CrossDresser 4 from Gen 3 to Gen 4 (even Wildenlander) but they didn't have Genesis last time I looked at their figure list.

On another topic - I went to a shoe museum at Romans ( SE of Lyons) while on holiday. Very good with all periods covered (mostly French) and a good collection from outside of western Europe. I now have about 200 photos to sort out. This is a woman's shoe, late 16th century.

fr16thC.jpg
    357 x 286 - 27K
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Pendraia said:

It looks like the problem seems to be mainly in the Y axis. Maybe scale that up a little. What did you use for the conversion or did you do it from scratch (mind boggles)?

I've had quite a bit of success with CrossDresser 4 from Gen 3 to Gen 4 (even Wildenlander) but they didn't have Genesis last time I looked at their figure list.

On another topic - I went to a shoe museum at Romans ( SE of Lyons) while on holiday. Very good with all periods covered (mostly French) and a good collection from outside of western Europe. I now have about 200 photos to sort out. This is a woman's shoe, late 16th century.
    Wow...love that shoe.

I've been using autofit in DS...

I managed to fix the problem and did an adjustment morph in Hexagon...still working on fixing some of the other problems when I use shapes.

Couple of renders...the fix on the basic gen shape and the problem with Aiko3. I've managed to fix it in hexagon but I'm having problems when I import it back to DS. Someone posted a fix that I've yet to try though. Also had some success with the dna morphing gown and the greco roman chiton.

kiyokomorphinggown.png
    1000 x 1414 - 2M
    everafteraikoshapeneedsfixing.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
    everafterbasicshapefixed.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I've had a try at Auto-Fitting the V3 DNA Empire dress. It works up to a point but loses all the shaping and movement morphs. The Morphing Gown seems to mess up on the sleeves as it loses the sleeve bones.

Not sure if I'm doing it all correctly. I'm still running DS 4 not 4.5 so it may have improved. I held back as so many of the add-ons were not working but that's probably fixed now.