Need tutorials or help in creating a puppet style character

launoklaunok Posts: 774
edited September 2015 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi there,

I am interested to create a puppet style character or dummy such as a ventrologist's dummy from scratch.  I have searched for tutorials and have noticed how to make a bear at Youtube.  I have not watched the 8 videos in the series yet, but want to know if there are any other ways or tutorials to get started.  I wanted to try it in Sketchup but for that I need to buy the artisan organic toolset/plugin which is not possible at the moment.  I believe one can do organic modeling in Hexagon too (?) but don't know how.  

Any help and suggestions are much appreciated!

Laura

Post edited by launok on

Comments

• I know Danny (CG Dreams) did make a video tutorial on making a rabbit with Hexagon, it is on YouTube somewhere, but not sure where. I'll have a look and post a link if I find it.  Not exactly a dummy but the idea is the same :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited September 2015

No "Sketchup" ... nooooo .....

Organic modeling is relatively easy in Hexagon. Most things start out as a box. Those extraction tools are wonderful.

001.png
    1012 x 513 - 69K
    002.png
    1153 x 601 - 150K
    003.png
    1063 x 651 - 141K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 774

Thank you for your help and screen shots.  I am currently also watching a few Hexagon videos which are helpful especially if they talk you through the process and not playing music only as some videos does.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

... and if they talk loud enough one can hear them. [there are a few that are too quiet]