New Release: Dystopian Weapons Cache [Commercial]

Comments

• Moebius87Moebius87 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks great and glad to see you posting new stuff. Always liked your work.

Thank you very much! We've got a few more ready for release... but I don't want to jinx things by saying too much too soon. :)

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Love the idea of having a working accessory rail system!

I wish I could take credit for that, but it was at the suggestion of our Resident Bear over on the Team-Dystopia forum that got this DAR system going. So now all our weapons moving forward will be similarly compatible... so present and future accessories and attachments will work for both the newer and the older stuff.

There will be a few unique weapons that won't be compatible, but once you see them you will start to understand why. Best not to say too much... better to just wait until Weapons Cache 3 hits the store. %-P

Cheers! — Möe

• Tyger PurrTyger Purr Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Weapons Cache 1 update for DS4+ compatibility has been uploaded to DAZ.

Now we just wait for them to make the installer and set it up for downloading.

Post edited by Tyger Purr on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the excellent freebie, and I had to buy the companion set as well! Whoo-hoo!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    . . . better to just wait until Weapons Cache 3 hits the store. %-P

Cheers! — Möe

OK, you got me, I'm going to have to ask . . . "soon", as in real soon or DAZ soon? Curious minds want to know. :coolsmirk:
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    Moebius87 said:
    . . . plus several texture sets to choose from — a standard black, a generic green, a basic sand... and of course we had to do a hot pink version.

I'll bite -- why did you have to do a hot pink version?!? Not that I'm objecting, I particularly like the pink camo (reminds me of hunters in bright orange camo, which actually makes sense if your prey is colorblind). But why?

I wish I could remember, but I think it started out as a joke over on the Team-Dystopia forums... but then when the texture set first emerged for a number of weapons and people started using them in all these "bubblegum" pin-ups... it almost felt logical.

We had a number of scantily clad female operatives with all sorts of gear painted up in pink, what's to stop them from customizing their guns? With that kind of firepower, not much.

Cheers! — MöeMaybe as homage to the Japanese anime/manga "Tank Girls"?

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Moebius87 said:
    . . . better to just wait until Weapons Cache 3 hits the store. %-P

Cheers! — Möe

OK, you got me, I'm going to have to ask . . . "soon", as in real soon or DAZ soon? Curious minds want to know. :coolsmirk:

If you read real careful like... I never even used that four-letter word. ;-P After a while around these parts, you sort of get a handle on which words automatically trigger specific reactions.

Around our forums we prefer to use the term "eventually". :coolsmile:

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

Maybe as homage to the Japanese anime/manga "Tank Girls"?

You'll have to ask tyger_purr, as he was the one that came up with the hot pink texture set. I'm just the guy pushing the polygons around. For the final creative product results, I need to defer to his finishing touches.

I wish I had seen "Tank Girls" before, but I'm afraid that I haven't. Now you've got me intrigued...

Cheers! — Möe

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Dystopian Weapon Cache 1 (1.1) is available if you rest your downloads for that product.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Dystopian Weapon Cache 1 (1.1) is available if you rest your downloads for that product.

Sweet! Thank you very much!

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:

Thank you for letting everyone know... :-)

I really should apologize for not being the one who made that announcement, but I really do appreciate how quickly you've updated us. (Don't tell anyone I am sneaking in here during an afternoon lull).

Cheers! — Möe

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:

Cheers! — Möe

I think we will all be using the word "eventually" soon. ;)
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Moebius87 said:

Cheers! — Möe

I think we will all be using the word "eventually" soon. ;)
    ~ROFL~ I guess I better get used to NOT using the dreaded "s" word. It was just so common place on the old forum, it just popped into my head. Eventually is definitely a better word, it's just I sometimes get impatient about getting my hands on some products. ;-)
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited August 2012

I like that word better too.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

There is a sense of the inevitable with the word "eventually"... it has a gravitas about it that "soon" does not possess. Unfortunately, it makes no claims to any specific duration of time.

Cheers! — Möe

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    There is a sense of the inevitable with the word "eventually"... it has a gravitas about it that "soon" does not possess.

I like 'in the fullness of time' for gravitas ;)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Moebius87 said:
    There is a sense of the inevitable with the word "eventually"... it has a gravitas about it that "soon" does not possess.

Yes, but "in the fullness of time" truly means "never", while "soon" usually doesn't, although it seems that way.

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Moebius87 said:

Talk about "gravitas"... that expression borders on the "biblical". Even though we do tend to go overboard in Dystopia, we only make attempts at "epic" scale. We're not quite ready to wax biblical just yet...

There's an interesting thread over at the Team-Dystopia forums, where we are now apparently open to suggestions for Weapons Cache 3. I thought we were just building stuff and then bundling them together for release. But now it appears that there is an open development thread... which is really very cool, but I'm worried that we won't be able to please everyone. A lot of gun enthusiasts and future weapons technologist have weighed in, so it makes for really interesting reading.

That thread coupled with another thread on extra-terrestrials that's got our xenobiologists cooking up new aliens, spells how to create a new species and then how to effectively eliminate them. Disturbing, but fascinating stuff.

Cheers! — Möe

• Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

I love the new weapons just like I love all the Dystopia sets! I'm in the midst of writing a new sci-fi novel and every bit of Dystopia fits perfectly. I can hardly wait to see what you guys come up with next... I'm sure I'll find that I have a desperate and immediate need for it!

You mentioned a forum for Dystopia... Is that just for developers or is it fans too? If it's for fans/users, could you send me a link? :)

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,878
    edited August 2012

Cross post with Mo below, I'll leave him to it ;)

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited December 1969

I love the new weapons just like I love all the Dystopia sets! I'm in the midst of writing a new sci-fi novel and every bit of Dystopia fits perfectly. I can hardly wait to see what you guys come up with next... I'm sure I'll find that I have a desperate and immediate need for it!

You mentioned a forum for Dystopia... Is that just for developers or is it fans too? If it's for fans/users, could you send me a link? :)

Just sent you a link... see you there. ;-)

Cheers! — Möe

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ok, hate to be a bit of a downer as I like the Dystopian product line, but... it seems I already had these.
    At least most of them. I now have two different directories for the Viborra, Cleaver, and several others. Is it just Pack one that was previously available?

I was looking forward to adding new weapons to the cache too (I do not believe in too much variety).

edited December 1969

KageRyu said:
    ok, hate to be a bit of a downer as I like the Dystopian product line, but... it seems I already had these.
    At least most of them. I now have two different directories for the Viborra, Cleaver, and several others. Is it just Pack one that was previously available?

I was looking forward to adding new weapons to the cache too (I do not believe in too much variety).

Do you mean Dystopian Weapons Cache 1? As it says on the product page:
    These weapons were previously released as freebies at the Team Dystopia website. They have been modified (converted to the DAR system) and are presented here in hopes that you can all enjoy them as much as we do.

I do believe that the second pack is completely new. :)

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

These weapons were previously released as freebies at the Team Dystopia website. They have been modified (converted to the DAR system) and are presented here in hopes that you can all enjoy them as much as we do.

Yes, I meant Cache 1. I did not see that on the product page, sorry. Ok, so I did already have them then, and have not completely lost my mind yet.

Thank you.

edited December 1969

KageRyu said:
    Yes, I meant Cache 1. I did not see that on the product page, sorry. Ok, so I did already have them then, and have not completely lost my mind yet.

Thank you.

No problem; glad I could help. :)

edited December 1969

KageRyu said:

Thank you.

No, sir... you haven't completely lost your mind... and these re-released weapons do have some significant upgrades aside from improved textures. With the introduction of the Dystopian Accessory Rail (DAR) system in the Cache 2 pack, tyger_purr made the excellent decision to go back in and modify some of the legacy freebies to make use of the DAR. It was actually a lot of work, with no real pay back for him because these are still freebies. The hope here is that the freebies will generate enough interest and get folks interested in the commercial release. :-)

Personally, I'd suggest you replace the older freebies with the newer upgrades. Those will get a lot more use once more weapons with DAR compatibility get released. Just a suggestion, of course.

Cheers! - Moe

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Just noticed this thread, after snarfing the Cache 1 and Cache 2 last week. I see there was an update to fix a glitch with DAZ|Studio (now downloaded and installed). Are there actual D|S MATs, though? I had a quick look through a few of the Poser MATs, and I don't think there's anything in them that couldn't be done with a properly set up D|S script.

• Tyger PurrTyger Purr Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just noticed this thread, after snarfing the Cache 1 and Cache 2 last week. I see there was an update to fix a glitch with DAZ|Studio (now downloaded and installed). Are there actual D|S MATs, though? I had a quick look through a few of the Poser MATs, and I don't think there's anything in them that couldn't be done with a properly set up D|S script.

While it is true that these textures have been kept basic and straightforward enough that they should translate to D|S without any problems, I have not had the time to learn D|S so that I could create native MAT files.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    The hope here is that the freebies will generate enough interest and get folks interested in the commercial release. :-)

Worked for me!

• JollyFatherJollyFather Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    ...We're not quite ready to wax biblical just yet...

Supreme Chancellor.

SC has been ready for DefCon: Biblical since I took over.

Just say the Word.

Regards,

JF