New Release: Dystopian Weapons Cache [Commercial]

Moebius87Moebius87 Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Team-Dystopia has been dormant in the marketplace for a while, but we've recently released Weapons Cache 1 and Weapons Cache 2 here at DAZ 3D.

Here is a link to a quick low-resolution animation I did to show how versatile one of the weapons in our package can be. The Baradum Assault Rifle weapons system is just one of the many weapons we have bundled together into these packages.

We've got a beam weapon, a mini-gun, an anti-materiel sniper rifle, a compact close-quarters weapon, infantry support weapon, a pulse weapon, and the assault rifle weapons system. We've thrown in various attachments and accessories that allow for interoperability, plus several texture sets to choose from — a standard black, a generic green, a basic sand... and of course we had to do a hot pink version.

Cheers! — Möe

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Moebius87Moebius87 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I wonder why I'm not listed as a DAZ PA?

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for returning with such a nice gift!
    And... it seems the new forums are not equipped the PA Thing the old forums had... I guess it will be implemented later on though :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You are listed as a PA, if you check your profile which you can check by clicking the button under your avatar

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

The new forum doesn't (yet) have an equivalent of a My Products button. You can put a link to your store in your signature as a stop-gap.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,875
    edited December 1969

Dystopia is back...yay...instant buy as always and thanks for the updated free ones :)

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
    edited August 2012

:snake:TOYS!!:snake:

lots & lots of LETHAL TOYS!!!

with SPTs, too! And stuff that goes SPLODY-BOOOOOM!

*snatch*

Just what my dragons have been looking for...THANKIES!:cheese:

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • WulfricWulfric Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

I downloaded Weapons Cache 1 and they look great. Unfortunately, DS 4.5 crashes on render when any of the weapons are in the scene. I even tried rendering just one of the weapons and this happened. Any advice for correcting this?

• Tyger PurrTyger Purr Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WulfricF said:
    I downloaded Weapons Cache 1 and they look great. Unfortunately, DS 4.5 crashes on render when any of the weapons are in the scene. I even tried rendering just one of the weapons and this happened. Any advice for correcting this?

I can't think of any reason it would crash. They are pretty straight forward figures and textures. I'll try to find some time to look into it this weekend. Things are kinda crazy at the moment.

edited December 1969

Thank you for looking into. I'm going to keep experimenting. If I figure something out I'll let you know.

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    Dystopia is back...yay...instant buy as always and thanks for the updated free ones :)

Thank you for not forgetting about us. It's great to be back in the swing of things. :cheese: Still buried by a huge backlog mountain, but we are slowly digging our way out from under the projects list.

We're already working on several new products... so don't be surprised if something else comes out shortly.

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

WulfricF said:
    Thank you for looking into. I'm going to keep experimenting. If I figure something out I'll let you know.

Looks like DS doesn't like my PNG files that I used for bump maps.

You can detach the bump map as a workaround until I can get it fixed.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

WulfricF said:

OK I can confirm the crash in DS 4.0.3.47as well some one else is looking at this as well but we think its the .png that cause the crash

edited December 1969

WulfricF said:

Looks like DS doesn't like my PNG files that I used for bump maps.

You can detach the bump map as a workaround until I can get it fixed.

I tried removing the bump map after loading it and still had the issue. I was able to render the minigun by renaming the png files and then loading the gun.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited August 2012

The problem is that the PNG is in 4bit color mode. If you make it 16bit color, or even 24bit color, DS handles it just fine. Same for if you convert it to a JPG. ;)

ETA: Note, it's not DAZ Studio that's crashing. It's 3Delight/TDLMake that's crashing.

Ran tdlmake on image E:/Content/Gen4_Male/Runtime/Textures/dystopia/Myrmidon/MyrmidonBump.png
    ERROR: 3Delight Process exited abnormally: "E:/DAZ/DAZStudio4.64/bin/tdlmake.exe -mode periodic E:/Content/DSTemp4/d73.tif E:/Content/DSTemp4/d74_d73.tdl"

Post edited by adamr001 on
    edited December 1969

Thank you!

I just resaved the png files and they are working perfectly. Time to play!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    . . . plus several texture sets to choose from — a standard black, a generic green, a basic sand... and of course we had to do a hot pink version.

I'll bite -- why did you have to do a hot pink version?!? Not that I'm objecting, I particularly like the pink camo (reminds me of hunters in bright orange camo, which actually makes sense if your prey is colorblind). But why?
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    The problem is that the PNG is in 4bit color mode. If you make it 16bit color, or even 24bit color, DS handles it just fine. Same for if you convert it to a JPG.

Good to know. That will be a much easier fix.

Note, it's not DAZ Studio that's crashing. It's 3Delight/TDLMake that's crashing.

Interesting, but from a user standpoint a crash is a crash.

edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:
    . . . plus several texture sets to choose from — a standard black, a generic green, a basic sand... and of course we had to do a hot pink version.

I'll bite -- why did you have to do a hot pink version?!? Not that I'm objecting, I particularly like the pink camo (reminds me of hunters in bright orange camo, which actually makes sense if your prey is colorblind). But why?

So she can coordinate her outfit?

(This is a WIP)

fashionAcc.png
    410 x 600 - 159K
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:

I found a picture of a scantily clad woman. My wife says she is holding a pink gun but I don't see it. So it must be the ultimate camouflage.
    I don't think I can post the picture here so you will have to google "pink gun bikini" to see it.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited August 2012

Interesting, but from a user standpoint a crash is a crash.
    You're absolutely correct, but from a debugging standpoint all datapoints are useful. I was trying to help Moebius (and the developers) as much as anything or anyone else. :)
    Post edited by adamr001 on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,875
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:

Tyger Purr explained where it came from but, like the Unflatable Pony here, it became something of an 'in' joke over on the Dystopia Team forums :)

• Alpha ChannelAlpha Channel Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Pink has actually been used as a legitimate form of camouflage in the real world. During the second world war they painted reconnaissance Spitfires pink as it made it harder to spot against the sun and clouds and they also painted ships pink (with a slight gray tinge) in order to disguise them (though they did stand out rather during bright mid-day sun) as well as desert raiding SAS Land Rovers.

And as WulfricF says it's so hard to co-ordinate ones outfit when defending ones turf and you need something that goes with that little pink number (though black generally does go with anything ;) ).

Oh an instant purchase here.

Post edited by Alpha Channel on
    edited December 1969

Oh an instant purchase here.

Thank you very muchly! — Möe :-)
    edited December 1969

Moebius87 said:

I wish I could remember, but I think it started out as a joke over on the Team-Dystopia forums... but then when the texture set first emerged for a number of weapons and people started using them in all these "bubblegum" pin-ups... it almost felt logical.

We had a number of scantily clad female operatives with all sorts of gear painted up in pink, what's to stop them from customizing their guns? With that kind of firepower, not much.

Cheers! — Möe

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Picked them up last night but hadn't had time to play, so thanks adamr001 for the tip on converting the PNGs to 16bit or higher. ;-)

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Picked them up last night but hadn't had time to play, so thanks adamr001 for the tip on converting the PNGs to 16bit or higher. ;-)

Yes, thank you very much to adamr001... I have cropped this error fix into our construction forums so that we can avoid problems of this nature cropping up in the future.

Cheers! — Möe

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Looks real great Buddy. Picked up both sets and plan on using them this weekend (if 'Real Life' doesn't get in the way).

Glad to see the Supreme Chancellor again, this gives hope to the populous ;)

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,525
    edited December 1969

Looks great and glad to see you posting new stuff. Always liked your work.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Love the idea of having a working accessory rail system!

edited December 1969

DzFire said:
    Looks real great Buddy. Picked up both sets and plan on using them this weekend (if 'Real Life' doesn't get in the way).

Glad to see the Supreme Chancellor again, this gives hope to the populous ;)

Rumors about the Supreme Chancellor being deposed were unfounded and untrue, but RealLife™ does have a way of getting in the way big time. :-P

Good to see you again... drop by the forums when you get a chance. And, thank you very much for the support.

Cheers! — Möe