Wear Them All - Help Me Understand What This Product Does

Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
edited August 2015 in The Commons

I read the description, but I am still unclear.  Are the promo images just examples of what can be achieved with clothing that might be in my library?

And I don't get this verbiage:

Wear Them All autofitting clones are created to smoothly fit any Genesis 2 Male, Genesis, Victoria 4 and Michael 4 conforming clothes to Genesis 3 Female(s) using the Autofit feature in DAZ Studio.

I mean...isn't Autofit supposed to do this already?

And, the next paragraph:

All clones were made to be the exact projections of legacy figure shapes and can be used with all existing projection templates for Genesis 3 Female to fit every piece of conforming clothing from pants and shirts to footwear and headwear and even hair, as well as any full body clothing in DAZ Studio.

Can somebody please explain this in layman's terms for me; I feel a bit dense right now.  For example, what is a "projection template" and why is this product needed since I could autofit V4 to Genesis to Genesis2 to Genesis 3 or stop anywhere in between?

I particularly like the ladies' shirt fixes between the breasts; looks much more natural.  I don't know any ladies in real life who would wear shirts that closely cupped their busts like the "without" pictures, so my gut feeling is that I probably want this product.  Other than the pictures, I can't conceptually understand why.  If I can't explain it to myself, then I find it hard to spend money, even if it is 30% off.

Any help would be appreciated!

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919

I think Gen 3 can't wear previous generation's stuff automatically, you either have to create clones yourself or do some kind of conversation and deal with the poke through. This does it for you.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

G3F comes with an autofit clone for G2F.  This adds autofit clones for G2M, Genesis, M4, and V4.

• Oh, so then it allows one to do the autofit directly from X to G3F without having to step through all the generations?

That would be a convenience.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

Oh, so then it allows one to do the autofit directly from X to G3F without having to step through all the generations?

That would be a convenience.

That would be exactly right. It also deals with anything that requires G3F to have anything other than her default templates-- Bethany, for example.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Does  SY Ultra templates do the same thing then..I have found in the past that I have spent too much on products that do the same thing and end up never using but one of them

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited August 2015
    Kharma said:

Does  SY Ultra templates do the same thing then..I have found in the past that I have spent too much on products that do the same thing and end up never using but one of them

My question exactly???

Post edited by Strixowl on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    Kharma said:

The Ultra templates add more choices to the auto-fit menu. Things like under dresses in auto-fit now there will be choices like big dress, loincloth, sarong left and right, etc.

This is the G2F MFD to G3F. No crunching or warping or anything! Great product to me. :)

OlympiaG3FMFD.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 538K
    Kharma said:

The Ultra templates add more choices to the auto-fit menu. Things like under dresses in auto-fit now there will be choices like big dress, loincloth, sarong left and right, etc.

This is the G2F MFD to G3F. No crunching or warping or anything! Great product to me. :)

The dress fits very well, looks awesome! I see how SY product works now I am wondering if adding the Wear them all product will do something different to help fit or exctly the same thing for fits?  Are both products necessary?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

There are two separate parts to the autofit dialog, selecting the figure the item was intended for and then selecting the type of item.  Wear Them All adds options to the first, Ultra Templates the second.  Sometimes one of them will be sufficient, but they don't overlap AFAICT.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    Kharma said:
    Kharma said:

The dress fits very well, looks awesome! I see how SY product works now I am wondering if adding the Wear them all product will do something different to help fit or exctly the same thing for fits?  Are both products necessary?

Without Wear Them All you can only directly autofit clothes from G2F (Either original or previously autofitted to G2F). With Wear Them all you can autofit directly from V4, M4, G2M without the need to go via G2F. In my experience that is faster and gives better results that the indirect way.

TD

Ok  I see how they both work now, thanks!  Both will be going on my wishlist for now :)

• Me too, I think!

• ForceXForceX Posts: 52
    edited August 2015

I bought this and can say that I am extremely happy with the results. Every piece of clothing from V4 to G2 works and looks great after being fitted to my very zbrush modified G3.

Before I would auto fit V4 clothes and have to use Zbrush to do a massive refitting morph and save it as a morph asset. Not any more!! This product makes using old assets a snap. Depending on the clothing I might still use zbrush to smooth around the groin or the under curve of the breast, but the base fit is a huge time saver.

One of the best purchases from the Daz store ever.

Post edited by ForceX on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited August 2015

It is really good product.

Wish it will do better job with hair for V4 (FK-Twins V4 hair for example).

Note distorsion on the hair around the eyebrows.

V7TwinShorts03pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 336K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ForceXForceX Posts: 52

I've noticed this a lot with hair. I've seen mention that this has to do with auto follow (I think) being enabled for the face/eye lashes. Supposedly by disabling this should fix the hair offset.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    ratz43 said:

I've noticed this a lot with hair. I've seen mention that this has to do with auto follow (I think) being enabled for the face/eye lashes. Supposedly by disabling this should fix the hair offset.

It is the autofollow, not the conversion.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

This has been mentioned in other threads "Autofollow"...which doesn't seem to actually be a setting. How do you disable it?

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

Yes, and it's in my cart right now awaiting my immediate purchase, as this tool would be invaluable to me!...Just waiting for my $50 coupon from yesterday's promo...smiley

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Scavenger said:

This has been mentioned in other threads "Autofollow"...which doesn't seem to actually be a setting. How do you disable it?

Here's a couple of threads...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38214/how-to-make-hair-ignore-ears

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19976/how-to-stop-hair-mesh-deforming (Richard's post is probably the best way to do it).

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    mjc1016 said:
    Scavenger said:

Here's a couple of threads...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38214/how-to-make-hair-ignore-ears

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19976/how-to-stop-hair-mesh-deforming (Richard's post is probably the best way to do it).

This one seems pertienent:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/562319/#Comment_562319

as it actually shows where "auto follow" is.

edited August 2015

In case of FK-Twins V4 hair, it was easier to parent the hair to V7 head

and adjust Y and Z translation to 0.22

V7TwinShorts04pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 235K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    Artini said:

In case of FK-Twins V4 hair, it was easier to parent the hair to V7 head

and adjust Y and Z translation to 0.22

I do that to all hair when not made for that figure. If I need a perfect fit, add a smoothing modifier, works great.

• MyRhoMyRho Posts: 10

...thank you all. :-)

But I just didn't understand how to fit any shoes I've got for V4 to G3 using "wear them all"
    Tried the autofit-tool but that completely breaks the geometry, esp for the toes and the heels. :-( even if autofollow is unchecked.
    If I try to use the transfer utility after converting the shoes to weight mapping it wont fit to G3 - it's following her movements but it's on a different position (x-axis)

M.

Heels_G3_autofit.jpg
    874 x 721 - 89K
    Heels_G3_transfertool.jpg
    768 x 677 - 82K
  • Do the shoes fit the original figure without posing or applying morphs to the wearer?

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 827

Having issues with shoes using this product as well.   Some guidance would be appreciated.

• MyRhoMyRho Posts: 10
    edited August 2015

...yes, the shoes fit V4 very well (LilFlame's Ballet Boots for V4) - but these are really "HIGH-heels".
    Meanwhile I've found a solution - it's not perfect and you'll have to tweak the shins a little bit when you pose G3 but nevertheless it's working.

M.

SS_Heels.jpg
    767 x 513 - 60K
    Post edited by MyRho on
  • But do thay fit the zeroed V4? Judging by the shape I suspect it's a set where the feet need to be morphed or hidden - which would be consistent with the way the AutoFitted shoes are behaving.

edited August 2015

Shoes were always problematic with such conversions.

Below are renders of Victoria 7 with AerySoul's Masquerades Eve shoes for V4.

Clothes are from Arcebus V4 MMCVIII set.

V7base02sc04pic01.jpg
    788 x 1024 - 171K
    V7base02sc04pic02.jpg
    788 x 1024 - 225K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Love this product, so far I've tried Ella's clothing, Lua hair and Ava Adore with fantastic results.
    I love the new products for V7 but there are many V4 staples I'm so pleased to be able to use with this gorgeous model.

ella1.jpg
    354 x 598 - 25K
    edited August 2015

Below is the comparison: V4 shoe on the left

and shoe conformed to V7 on the right - heavily distorted.

Does anybody knows how to fix that issue?

V7base02sc05pic02.jpg
    788 x 1024 - 273K
    Post edited by Artini on