Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

but when do we get to play with the new stuff surprise

• ReallusionReallusion Posts: 115
    edited July 2015
    bigh said:

but when do we get to play with the new stuff surprise

Soon.....          

Visit us at SIGGRAPH, ask for "Real-timer",  and we'll let you play with the new toys.   wink

Post edited by Reallusion on
    edited August 2015

After 3 months of intense participation, the Game Character Animation Contest has now ended with dozens of awesome entries that made the overall judging process very challenging! Our judges carefully deliberated over each category, and each runner-up, making sure to consider not just the quality of each entry, but their length, effort, working in progress post, and final delivery.

So thank you all for being a part of the contest, and thank you for your support!

We present to you the WINNERS of the Game Character Animation Contest:

• will2powerwill2power Posts: 270
    edited August 2015

Reallusion, 

I really love Iclone! It's feature set really makes me enjoy working in 3d. Everyone's talking about Perception and 3Dxchange, but I'm a little concerned with something else --well the lack of something else, specifically. As a DAZ user, I've been spoiled by being able to use my 3d Mouse. I can't tell you how much it makes things easier when it comes to navigating 3D Space. Going from DAZ to iclone is as easy as pie when it comes to converting characters, but it's dreadful when you have to go from using a 3D mouse to going back to mice and keyboard combinations. Are there any plans at all to implement support for ANY brand of 3D Mice? 3DConnexion is my weapon of choice, but when it comes right down to it --if support for any other 3d mouse was there I would  purchase it. 

Post edited by will2power on

Dear Will2Power, 

Thank you for bringing this up. In the past we have had this request, but there are so many features and options that we wish to add to iClone that many times they get overlooked. I will personally remind the developers of this request again. To make things quicker, would you mind providing the type of 3D mouse that you use, along with the three or four most popular devices please? That way our team can quickly narrow down what to work with. Thank you!  :)

here's a wow for you to add to iClone

edited August 2015

After months of anticipation the new iClone G6 Character Creator will be launching next week, and with it  users will be able to freely morph iClone G6 character heads and bodies, adjusting their skin properties along the way. This tool will not only allow for layers of outfits to automatically conform to chosen body parts, but it will also allow for full customization of clothing with unique textile materials, pattern distribution, application of custom patches and logos. iClone users will be able to enjoy this FREE tool in the latest iClone 6.2 update!

-- Stay Tuned for more information --

--

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2015

For those of you who don't know much about the new Character Creator tool for iClone, here are a couple of work in progress videos that should give you a quick idea. Enjoy! 

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701

Finally, we're gonna get the character creation tools for the new characters. I've been waiting patiently for a looong, looooong, time....

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited August 2015

I have an iClone question!

In DS, I often "frankenstein" characters together (i.e. hide body of figure A, and hide head of figure B, and Parent A to the neck of B) so that I can have the flexibility of V4, Genesis or Genesis 2 for clothing and movement, but the "look" of just abut any character out there.  I often do ANIME style, and this allows me to use AnimeDoll, Kururu, NearMe, and more....with the flexibility of dress of others.

So....in IClone, would I have this option?  Can you parent A to B like this, and still animate B, and other items in the scene? (without the "hidden" body of A, or head of B getting into the calculation for collision, etc...?)

If so, I may jump on the flash sale...if it is still going.

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Hi 3dOutlaw, 

Cool name, btw!  With iClone you can interchange body parts that are from the same generation. For example, I can grab a G5 female body, and slap on a G5 male face. You can also interchange accessories that are not from the same generation. (like mustaches)

Thanks, though I am talking non-genesis, as well.  It's probably easier to break down the questions more specifically:

1) Can one "Parent" one figure to another?  (say V4 to Genesis)

2) Can one hide (from visibility) OBJ groups on a figure? (such as hip, chest, thigh, hand, etc)

3) Will it remove hidden OBJ groupings from collision caculations?

4) How does iClone handle Daz/Poser characters that don't have facial rigging, but just have facial morphs for mouth movements?

• Hi 3DOutlaw,

You can accomplish these things, but it works a bit differently than DAZ.

AFAIK the UV maps for the new CharCreator will be the same as the current default characters in iC6. That means the body (including extremities) is one map, the head a second, and eyes and such there own maps as well. So basically, you can set the opacity of any of these maps.....errr....materials to zero to hide them. They are still there, just not visible. Imported Dazzies can have all of their materials made invisible as well, and there are a lot of them! Clothing has its own UV's and materials as well. I have frankensteined characters in iClone with the previous generation characters, Putting a DAZ head on an iClone body. Yes, you can connect characters together and still animate the "child" one.

The likelyhood of needing to frankenstein should be much less come Monday when the CC is released. It looks to be really flexible in the diversity of heads and bodies it can create. Coupled with the real-time GPU tessalation/smoothing, the characters should look very good, while still being optimised for real-time.

The collision is driven by invisible "collision shapes" that can be edited, added-to, removed, and just turned off (without removing).

Your Dazzies can speak with lip-sync by converting them through 3DXChange. There's a free DUF file floating around for Gen1/2 that sets up all the morphs automatically for 3DX to recognize.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I Frankenstein heads in iClone all the time  hiding and parenting/attaching two gators but sadly one cannot save it except as a scene and you cannot merge scenes, that has been the most annoying drawback

you can with props though and I have reimported DAZ figures animated as props using pipeline and done it merging result and collecting clip for perform

Good greif, I totally lost this thread, and took me forever to find it again!  Be nice to auto-subscribe to threads you post on.

Anyway, thanks for the tips! :)  

The pro bundle is on sale, so I may jump on the iClone Bandwagon, (may...it's a HUGE purchase for me!) since I dropped Carrara a while back, and would really like a new animation tool!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2015

You can bookmark threads,  It's the little star next to the gear icon at the side of the first post on every page in the thread. You can then find your bookmarks by clicking the gear icon on the bluish bar at the top of the page  (or set up notifcation preferences in your profile to enable ebots for bookmarked threads.)  Access your profile by clicking on your name, either in that same list or under your avatar.and clicking the gear icon on a square which is there.

Post edited by Chohole on

After months of anticipation the new iClone G6 Character Creator will be launching next week, and with it  users will be able to freely morph iClone G6 character heads and bodies, adjusting their skin properties along the way. This tool will not only allow for layers of outfits to automatically conform to chosen body parts, but it will also allow for full customization of clothing with unique textile materials, pattern distribution, application of custom patches and logos. iClone users will be able to enjoy this FREE tool in the latest iClone 6.2 update!

any one get it yet ?

its here - 6.2 +

Charcter Creator

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited September 2015

Lol yeah

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited September 2015

Hello good people, 

Well, the wait is finally over and the iClone 6 Character Creator IS FINALLY here. We have put a lot of work into this awesome tool that helps users create realistic looking, animation-ready characters through the use of body shape morphs, customizable high-resolution skin textures, authentic aging system, fashionable cosmetics and outfits with clothing containing your own fabric designs that automatically conform to any new body shapes. And best of all, is that the stand-alone Character Creator software is 100% FREE for iClone v6.2 PRO and above!

Links removed

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • Hi, the character creator is usable in Iclone 6.2 trial?

• I have the new character creator. I made a character with some aging, imported it into iClone and put some animation to it. The character's dynamic dress was moving realistically. The aging morphs were there too. But as soon as  I exported the character into 3DXchange 6.2, the character lost its aging morphs and also its dynamic dress. It wasn't dynamic any more.

• @ Isazforms - At the moment we do have a Charater Creator trial version. We are working on that, but it will probably be a while. Sorry. 

@ Argus1000 - My best is that this is a probably a small bug. I will report it to the team now. In the meantime, in order to make sure that your aging morphs and dynamic dress are exported, have you tried first sending your character to iClone 6 > and then to 3DXchange 6.2? 

• @ Argus1000 - My best is that this is a probably a small bug. I will report it to the team now. In the meantime, in order to make sure that your aging morphs and dynamic dress are exported, have you tried first sending your character to iClone 6 > and then to 3DXchange 6.2? 

Of course. That's exactly what I did.

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

So the new 3dxchange is supposed to be able to export the dynamics in clothing?

edited September 2015
    jaebea said:

So the new 3dxchange is supposed to be able to export the dynamics in clothing?

Yes. That is the whole point of the workflow. 

@ Argus1000 - please do me a favor, and send me a PM with more details. I find it strange that this option is not working for you. Anybody else having this issue? 

• You mean to other apps? So far that has not been possible unless it is Blendshapes my pass do not read

So I've been watching videos and tutorials, getting ready to dive in....have one question.  If someone imported a custom character through 3dXChange, and went through the pain of mapping the facial moprhs and stuff...can that then be sold or made available to others, so they don't have to go through it as well?

For example, if someone imported Aiko3, and mapped facial morphs, can those setting be shared or sold?

• If you own the original rights to the base character, then I don't see that as a problem. 

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

That would be awesome for me if Daz would just fix their FBX import!