The Path to iClone

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Aha not tried it THAT way
    try copy paste to folders NOT cut paste as you do not wanna risk overwriting any iC5 stuff as once used and resaved from 6 it stays in 6
    download content to 5 unless you decide to buy the new speedtrees and that will take hours and hours I can tell you.

they said not to copy and paste - if you do you will not be able to use the new file system .

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

Ah ok, I dragged and dropped in stuff too from WinEx and saved so guess the new file system aint happening for me anytime soon :lol:

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

Can anyone help me with this? I am running the demo of IC6. Imported Genesis fully clothed with hair to test out their new Physics engine but can't seem to get it to work. I have been working for several evenings on this and can't get it right. I imported a Daz Genesis in according to instructions. I should be able to set up her hair and dress but both just fall off with a long stretching motion. Just to start with the dress, because of the way the UV is setup, I painted my own weights. The black is far enough down so that the skirt part of the dress should not be falling off. It does not matter what settings I use, the dress does the same thing every time. This is very frustrating. I only have so long to demo this program and I seem to be spending all my time just trying to figure one thing out. Has anyone been successful in making the dynamics work for Genesis? I see the vids on Youtube so I know someone did it!

edited March 2015

A few things
    first which dress?
    Are there separate surfaces
    have you enabled collision on the figure?
    (it uses kinemetic proxy objects aligned to the bones you can adjust in position and size)
    did you use a gradient or just black for pinning?
    (I find it needs a steep gradient with very little white only on the hem)

my own experience is you need to be very choosy what to use for cloth, as simply UV mapped as possible, one piece with maybe vertical surface divisions certainly not horizontal or it will fall apart, vertical divisions (think gored skirt) work best as it keeps each piece below the 20,000 poly limit.
    Most DAZ clothes do not suit this at all
    I have had to attack stuff viciously with the geometry editor and Ultimate Unwrap 3D to have any success.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited March 2015

It's a 9mbi sundress. Its basically the top, a belt and the skirt. When I created the weight map, about half the skirt is black the with gradient. Collisions are enabled.

Was thinking I would bring Genesis into Maya, where I am working already, and bring the poly count down on her clothing. It's easier to do in Maya. Then I will bring her back into iClone and see what happens.

Post edited by jaebea on
    edited December 1969

jaebea said:
    It's a 9mbi sundress. Its basically the top, a belt and the skirt. When I created the weight map, about half the skirt is black the with gradient. Collisions are enabled.

Was thinking I would bring Genesis into Maya, where I am working already, and bring the poly count down on her clothing. It's easier to do in Maya. Then I will bring her back into iClone and see what happens.

did you get it to work ?

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    jaebea said:

did you get it to work ?

this video show how real well -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KiUlKbCg9s

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

unless you decide to buy the new speedtrees

I was wondering about the speedtrees. Have you bought some? If so, can you change the shaders on the leaves? I know you can't on the free samples included in iClone 6. In the publicity, though, it looks like you can on the speedtrees for sale.
    edited December 1969

No afraid not

edited December 1969

I tried reducing the polys in the dress in Maya but it didn't export well so I went back to Daz and used the decimator. At first, I decided to export the dress as a prop and imported it, decimated it and sent it over with Genny (Genesis). I discovered that hair and clothing that don't activate the auto-fit function for genesis won't import into iClone attached, even if they look attached in 3dxchange. Even parenting doesn't help. That excludes alot of hair and clothing that just conform. I actually got one hair figure to move after I decimated it too. I decimated the dress as a figure and exported it with Genny but it doesn't work right. Oh, it moves but her body just slides in and out of it. Collisions are activated. I know about the collision wire frames that can be attached to the body but can't seem to get them to work. I am about to give up. I did watch that new video but they leave way too much out.....like the cloth can't exceed 20,000 polys. That's pretty important. I'm not going to waste too much more time on it. I know I can do all this in Maya. It just takes a little more time to setup. I thought iClone 6 was going to be a good fit into my pipeline, but instead, it appears to be just a waste of time. I am very disappointed.

edited December 1969

if you have Maya can understand that.
    can be over 20 000 polys if shading domains are not as I said

edited December 1969

That's interesting. A new tutorial for Daz users in iClone 6 from 3 days ago. Many times, I miss those tutorials.
    edited December 1969

My problem isn't the stretching anymore, though. It's the collisions.

• ReallusionReallusion Posts: 115
    edited March 2015

Hi Jaebea, sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the collisions. I'm not a technical expert, but I would like to you help you out. Would it be possible to upload your project to Dropbox and PM me the link? That way I can send it to our developers here to take a look.

Post edited by Reallusion on
    edited December 1969

How to Import DAZ Genesis 2 characters into iClone 6

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53980/

Import-Genesis-2.jpg
    854 x 468 - 107K
    edited December 1969

This tutorial.says you can use Daz cloth on a Daz character in iClone 6, and apply physics to it. I've been spending thge last three hours trying to export a Genesis figure from DS, with her dress as geometry,. I applied soft body physics to the clothing with a weight map in iClone 6, but the dress doesn't follow the figure. It stays put. Does this have anything to do with the way I export the figure?
    iclone.png
    991 x 741 - 157K
    gen.png
    685 x 852 - 110K
    edited March 2015

Hi Argus,

Straight off the bat, I see that you did not "Merge Clothing into Figure Skeleton".
    Another thing, is this a Genesis 1 or Genesis 2 character?

If Genesis 2, you need to create an Export Rule with the name of the character type; (Genesis2Male, Genesis2Female).
    Please make sure you follow the video's exact instructions >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iS164uTgc&t=3m50s

edited December 1969

Realtimer, I have PM'd you with the project in a Dropbox link. let me know what you find out. Thank you for your offer of help.

edited December 1969

Hello Jaebea,

I got your private message, and I will be checking this with an iClone developer right now.
    I'll get back to you ASAP.

we are here to help!

edited April 2015

Good News Jaebea,

Our iClone developer just reviewed your file, and fixed it in 5 minutes. The issue was with the collision bounding shape around each leg, and pelvis. You need to enlarge the collision bounding shape around each leg, on the X, Y and Z axis (Hotkey R) to completely cover each leg and the pelvis area to avoid mesh penetration. The problem was that your female character had anatomically correct legs, that were thin at the bottom and thicker closer to the upper thighs, so you need to enlarge the bounding shape carefully all the way to the top.

After this is just a quick trial and error until you get the correct collision bounding shape around each body part. We created a quick video of the solution, so that we can share with everyone else that has this issue. I hope you don't mind. =)

Thank you for bringing this up, this gives us suggestions/ideas on creating more detailed tutorials for all of you.

http://www.reallusion.com/reallusiontv/youtubega.aspx?url=//www.youtube.com/embed/EZCx2Q2FuU8

iClone_6_-_Collision_Bounding_Shapes.jpg
    850 x 465 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Most excellent, Realtimer!! And I can see why I couldn't access the collision shapes from the window. I did not have the World Move or Rotate activated. Genny was just selected. I will be playing with this tomorrow evening! Thank you very much for the help! I will have another big question to ask but I will save that for tomorrow too!

edited December 1969

Hi Realtimer,

Thanks foir the help.

I used Genesis 1. I was able to get the clothes to fit the figure in iClone 6. But that dress doesn't behave like a dynamic or soft cloth at all, even with a weight map. Like Wendy says, very few Daz clothes behave right with physics in iClone6 and they have to be under 20000 polygons.

edited December 1969

Hi Argus,

Yes, I believe that we would need to create a more detailed tutorial that explains all of this. I will have a talk with our production team and see how we can create one.

Thank you for the feedback guys.

• Bryan SteagallBryan Steagall Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Hi Realtimer

I have some questions for you regarding your new iClone6 version.

In several of the promos, it mentions mocap plugins, but then doesn't really go into any detail of what they do. My company distributes several mocap system solutions besides doing consulting for real-time performance, utilizing Motionbuilder since it has the capability of doing realtime mocap with facial animation via a voice device and/or realtime facial mocap

I've been looking for something to replace motionbuilder, as I've been told that it will be going away soon as a separate individual software package (it will only be available as part of a package with either Maya or max) and it is very expensive

I saw in the video that iclone does real-time lipsync, which is one of the things that I'm looking for, but nothing on the mocap plugins. What mocap systems do you support in realtime? (if I remember correctly, previous versions were compatible with kinect?)

Would you guys be interested in supporting optical and inertial mocap systems by creating plugins for it? If you are, I can offer some suggestions.

Thanks in advance and great job on the new version!

edited December 1969

There is no mocap plugin for iClone6. Only for 5.5.

edited December 1969

iClone will replace the Kinect pluin with a revolutionnary mocap system:
    http://www.noitom.com/

edited December 1969

Just went and viewed Perception Neuron and I am blown away. Want it BAAAAAD!!!

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Maybe $1500 for the full package of Perception Neuron may blow you away as well.
    Kinect will be supported in iClone 6 in future; RL changed their mind.

edited December 1969

Yeah that's kind of high but depending on the quality, I would be willing to save my pennies, especially if they sell the little sensors in little packets as extra. That way I could by the initial system and buy extra sensors as time went on.