Possible to make a FACE smaller?

Okay guys. Working on an alien species here and they're basically big Yeti looking things but I always pictured them with faces that looked small for their heads. Is that possible in any way at all??

I started with the chimp model and worked form there but it just looks too much like an Earth ape for my tastes. I want it to look really odd and somewhat unsettling.

Comments

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

A sculpting program like Hexagon could do that.

• I think it would be easier to make the head larger than make the face smaller.

And if you want to bring the face down in size, then you can just rescale the whole head to be smaller.

This way your not going to be messing to much with how the face works.

You probably can even do this with a few well placed deformers to enlarge the top of the skull.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

I have a face smaller morph I've transfered it over from, I think, one Capsces sets using GenX.

Actually the V4.2 Morphs ++ have a facesize morph

• dang. it's based on Genesis since that's what the chimp model is

I transfered them over using GenX,

This is the chimp default load in with the Face Size morph diallled to make the face smaller.

chimp.JPG
    416 x 547 - 27K
  • that might actually just work. how would I go about doing the same?

• i believe there is a morph to do just that for genesis 2 i think it came with the creature creator bundle that and it had a premade alien with alien skin textures and its own shader settings

• edited August 2015

or was it genesis 1 i cant remember

Post edited by Zantetsukens-cut on
  • I still don't understand. My figure is based on Genesis 1 and I need to make the face smaller. How do I do that?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You make the individual facial features smaller.  There are morphs to adjust the size, width and height of the eyes, nose and mouth.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited August 2015

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6L2wpNRsepadjd3YXRWR3FncTg/view?usp=sharing

This will add FaceSize, FaceUpDown and FaceInOut morphs to Face/Universal/Real World

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698

see attached

fazesize.jpg
    1917 x 1021 - 221K
  • hmm. added the files and restarted Daz...those options are not showing up. are you sure they're for regular Genesis and not just Genesis 2?

• I just double-checked and the files are in the right place in the folder structure, just not getting the option.

• oh...just figured it out. the Chimp figure is based on Genesis 2, not Genesis like I thought it was.

is there any way to use those morphs on a Genesis 2 character?

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited August 2015

thanks, I just tried this

JoeQuick said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6L2wpNRsepadjd3YXRWR3FncTg/view?usp=sharing

This will add FaceSize, FaceUpDown and FaceInOut morphs to Face/Universal/Real World

and this is what I came up with, I pasted what dials I used in the image

this was on Genesis

small faceape thing.JPG
    1500 x 1500 - 78K
    Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • Ok. Played around and I can't really get it like I want. I want a long neck that swoops up into an arch with a peculiarly small face on a normal sized head.

That said I did make the eyes and jaw small and I think it'll do for what I want. I just didn't want them looking too gorilla/chimp-like.

I present to you a Solidan Trooper. I'll be doing a Solidan Commander next and without the helmet you can see details better. Most of their kind dress in a much more tribal fashion but the basic soldiers wear a bit of armor to facilitate fighting more technologically advanced species. It's distasteful to them, but a necessity.

solidan2.jpg
    400 x 600 - 107K
  • Looks good!

Only one suggestion that loin cloth would look better just loaded and parented to the figure and not autofitted which is causing it to stretch.

But the character looks great :)  

• Cool, didn't know I could do that. I will give it a try.

• rendering out a 2000x3000 version of it right now with the corrected loincloth.

• okay. think this is what I'm sticking with for the species design. not exactly what I had pictured in my head, but pretty close.

• computersandmorecomputersandmore Posts: 131
    edited August 2015

here you go, it didn't attach to the last message

solidon data sheet.jpg
    2048 x 1024 - 325K
    Post edited by computersandmore on
  • i should have noted on the info sheet that the trooper has red eyes because he is equipped with cybernetic implants. normally their eyes are just solid black and they have a very vacant stare.

• Very cool!