[Released] ManFriday's Seamster (clothes rigging for Daz Studio) [Commercial]

13»

Comments

  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 569

    evilded777 said:

    Here's the error.  Happens as soon as I type in the project name field. THen happens again each time I type in the field. Creates folders (but not what I want... clearly I have Gen 8 Male selected, it always makes Gen 8 Female folders), never creates the project files, just the folders.

    Thank you for supplying this info. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem. I can see the assertion in my code and the only reason it can be triggered is if an invalid figure is selected, but since you supplied Genesis 8 Male, that shouldn't happen. Yet it does.

    The only explanation I have is that for some reason the "last used figure" information in the Windows Registry is invalid. This would be at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4\ManFriday's Seamster\last_genesis_figure. Does the problem go away if you delete that key with regedit?

    Thank you for your patience!

  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 569

    Leana said:

    evilded777 said:

    Daz Studio Serial #? Isn't that an ancient, relic that is not relevant?

    Entering the Serial Number is still required to activate some of the program's features.

    I have to correct you here -- while many Daz Studio plugins require a serial number, and serial numbers are still functional in Daz Studio, none of my plugins use serial numbers and do not require them to work correctly.

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,616
    edited May 2024

    ManFriday said:

    evilded777 said:

    Here's the error.  Happens as soon as I type in the project name field. THen happens again each time I type in the field. Creates folders (but not what I want... clearly I have Gen 8 Male selected, it always makes Gen 8 Female folders), never creates the project files, just the folders.

    Thank you for supplying this info. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem. I can see the assertion in my code and the only reason it can be triggered is if an invalid figure is selected, but since you supplied Genesis 8 Male, that shouldn't happen. Yet it does.

    The only explanation I have is that for some reason the "last used figure" information in the Windows Registry is invalid. This would be at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4\ManFriday's Seamster\last_genesis_figure. Does the problem go away if you delete that key with regedit?

    Thank you for your patience!

    Not sure if that's relevant to reproduce the problem, but judging by the path in the screenshot, OP seems to be using the beta.

     

    ManFriday said:

    Leana said:

    evilded777 said:

    Daz Studio Serial #? Isn't that an ancient, relic that is not relevant?

    Entering the Serial Number is still required to activate some of the program's features.

    I have to correct you here -- while many Daz Studio plugins require a serial number, and serial numbers are still functional in Daz Studio, none of my plugins use serial numbers and do not require them to work correctly.

    I meant DS features in general, not features from your plugins.

    Post edited by Leana on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,627

    ManFriday said:

    Leana said:

    evilded777 said:

    Daz Studio Serial #? Isn't that an ancient, relic that is not relevant?

    Entering the Serial Number is still required to activate some of the program's features.

    I have to correct you here -- while many Daz Studio plugins require a serial number, and serial numbers are still functional in Daz Studio, none of my plugins use serial numbers and do not require them to work correctly.

    We are referring to the Daz Studio serial number here, not a plugin serial number. If the Daz Studio serial number is not entered, Daz Studio runs as a non-Pro version and does not have all the features that may be needed for your plugin to work. I have heard that if Daz Studio is installed with DIM, DIM automatically enters the serial number from user account, but I'm not positive about whether that is accurate information.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,627

    Leana said:

    Not sure if that's relevant to reproduce the problem, but judging by the path in the screenshot, OP seems to be using the beta.

    I'm using Seamster in Daz Studio public build (beta) 4.22.1.136 without any problems. 

  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,798

    ManFriday said:

    background said:

    This will be very useful and a definite purchase, so long as it is not limited to G9

    G8 and 8.1 are supported too!

    Genesis 1 is supported?

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,627

    Imago said:

    ManFriday said:

    background said:

    This will be very useful and a definite purchase, so long as it is not limited to G9

    G8 and 8.1 are supported too!

    Genesis 1 is supported?

    No, only 8, 8.1 and 9.

  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,550
    edited May 2024

    ManFriday said:

    evilded777 said:

    Here's the error.  Happens as soon as I type in the project name field. THen happens again each time I type in the field. Creates folders (but not what I want... clearly I have Gen 8 Male selected, it always makes Gen 8 Female folders), never creates the project files, just the folders.

    Thank you for supplying this info. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem. I can see the assertion in my code and the only reason it can be triggered is if an invalid figure is selected, but since you supplied Genesis 8 Male, that shouldn't happen. Yet it does.

    The only explanation I have is that for some reason the "last used figure" information in the Windows Registry is invalid. This would be at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4\ManFriday's Seamster\last_genesis_figure. Does the problem go away if you delete that key with regedit?

    Thank you for your patience!

    Yes this seems (no pun) to have fixed the issue. Remark about shoes withdrawn. I'm gonna actually follow the PDF.

    Post edited by evilded777 on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,798

    barbult said:

    No, only 8, 8.1 and 9.

    Ah, I see. Nothing for me, then. frown

  • KarenKaren Posts: 113
    edited June 2024

    Hi,

    I have to leave my opinion, since I put Seamster to a test. I aboslutely love it. It is such a nice tool für creating clothes and especially RFNs - It makes every step much easier.

    If there was the possibilty to choose the import size of the objects for RFNs, it would be perfect.

    And maybe if I could load the clothes from scene into Seamster to continue working on the weight maps, so I don't have to remember to save the figure, before closing the scene.

    Otherwise, I am totally thrilled heartsmiley

    Post edited by Karen on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,113

    Feature Request: It would be pretty handy if you the save button (for the asset) would work, even if there is no change to weight maps.

  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2024

    EDIT: Nevermind. I found the settings ^^'. Sorry.  

    Post edited by N-RArts on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,627

    N-RArts said:

    EDIT: Nevermind. I found the settings ^^'. Sorry.  

    OK yes

  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,113

    Is here an update for DAZ Studio 6 planned?

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,962

    Anybody knows, how it compares to:
    https://www.daz3d.com/auto-rigger-pipeline

     

  • umblefuglyumblefugly Posts: 224

    Artini said:

    Anybody knows, how it compares to:
    https://www.daz3d.com/auto-rigger-pipeline

     

    Seamster does much more, it is also a native DAZ Studio plugin which allows it to have deeper access. 

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 10,962

    umblefugly said:

    Artini said:

    Anybody knows, how it compares to:
    https://www.daz3d.com/auto-rigger-pipeline

     

    Seamster does much more, it is also a native DAZ Studio plugin which allows it to have deeper access. 

    Thanks for the reply. I have already bought Seamster long time ago.

     

  • Hi, i love your plugins but this is the first time i've encountered this problem. I saved the obj with the correct size, renamed 3 times and changed the datanames, no vertex group, on 3 different folders, make new projects, and still encountered this. it's only with this particular obj 

    Screenshot 2026-09-22 095238.png
    1811 x 1383 - 355K
  • Hi, 

    first of all, love your plugin. but i have encountered this problem where it just wont autorig. Here's what i did to try to solve it

    • ​moved the obj
    • saved the obj on 3 different places and renamed the obj and dataname 
    • make new project ( still does it even on new project)
    • apply all modifier prior to saving

    It does this no matter what i did and it's just this one jacket

    Screenshot 2026-09-22 095238.png
    1811 x 1383 - 355K
Sign In or Register to comment.