Decraniated for G8F

I have been trying to make a Decraniated from Star Wars (well something at least similiar for my own art/universe), and thought a morph for squishing the top of a head might be great.  I did not find anything like it anywhere, so if anyone is good at morphs, I'd like a Decraniated one for G8F specifically as that is the massive bulk of my collection, G8F.  Anyway thanks!  Also if you do find a morph like that somewhere, let me know!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,791
    edited April 28

I think the best way to make it, would be a geograft, or a conditional graf triggered by the "headpiece".

You might check this:

Post edited by felis on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,170
    edited April 28

However, as a quick & dirty morph that needs a box around it to hide the meniscus edge where the cranium has been flattened, this might do:

Note the pupil size does not expand with the morph, just the head flatten - was trying to imitate a blank, brain free look.

Install as you would any manually installed content. No user facing files. It adds a slider called 'Decraniated' in "<Character>/Morphs/Morph Loader"; To delete when you have something better, delete the file "<content>/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/Decraniated.dsf"

For base G8F the top of the skull is flat (if not 100% horizontal) With characters, the difference between the characters scalp shape and base G8F will remain after applying the morph.

I wrote a function into my modeller two years ago called 'Align Selected Nodes'. This is the first time I've found a use for it, and then again doing a modification to a set of V3 trousers this afternoon. Nuts.

Regards,

Richard.

Decraniated.png
    256 x 256 - 54K
    zip
    zip
    Decraniated.zip
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Oh cool!  Thanks!  I will look into that.  Hopefully, I can get it to match the Decraniated Star Wars art so that her head is missing entirely except the mouth.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Decraniated

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,170
    edited May 19

Still messing about with this idea intermittently. Come up with an electronics box, but I need to texture it and work out the grafting (obviously almost everything of the head above the underside of the box will be hidden). Modelled cutting the head at Y=163.311, but that was messy. May have to do something simpler, as I was risking having more than a single facet deep boundary to the graft - which risks infringing DAZ's copyright. Anyway, came up with a head box that's not too much of a blatant Star Wars rip-off, but is embossed with 'First Light' on the front, and 'Evazon Me Fecit' on the back (Latin for 'Evazon made me').

So, slow progress, but I'm learning lots.

Regards,

Richard

Box2.png
    924 x 902 - 789K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on