July Freebie Challenge ☼ ☼Summer fun and Pin Ups.☼ ☼

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited July 2015 in Freebies

by popular demand we have agreed to run this one , the usual summer fun theme.

So do your worst (or your best rather)

Let's all have FUN FUN FUN While the sun is out

Normal rules apply, although one rule has been amended.

First Place: $15 store credit from DAZ3D
Second Place: $12 store credit from DAZ3D
Third Place: $8 store credit from DAZ3D
2 x HMs $5 store credit (from me)

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

Normal rules apply, although one rule has been amended

Hmmm. Can't spot it, Cho. What has changed?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It's only a slight amendment

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited December 1969

Hrmmm... Let me see what I can drag out of the renderbox.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

let me start things off with one i did a few years back for the bag the hag mini contest. I used the head to put on the bag and then she got real ugly..NAE

well_hello_sailor.jpg
    1371 x 872 - 1M
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

I have to say that I actualy have a beach to run as a manager :) now only need a good name for it :/

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    I have to say that I actualy have a beach to run as a manager :) now only need a good name for it :/

Life's a beach!
    Oh, sorry - you wanted a good name. :lol:
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

Well yes, I am not sure if this totaly off topic, but I need something that sounds short, good and nice. I tried this name generator but still not good idea http://fantasynamegenerators.com/beach-names.php#.VZei4lL09L5 also here is link to some nice beaches just for comparison http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/28/travel/100-best-beaches/

For now I have name Kedrovi (meaning Cedrus trees, we have 2 just above beach, probably old 100 years, around 40-50m tall that give great shade and 2 more that are withered, more about that on wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedrus ), but I wish for something better :) anyway that is my summer fun for now, need to place board with the name and rules and to start working, I hope after monday I will make it at least will try to do it :)... hm some Italian name or Greek, or maybe some nice US beach as Inspiration :) well thinking of it I remembered one of my favorite singers, Chris Rea, here is nice song from him Looking For The Summer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKOr9aKKMoY

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited July 2015

Well, Here's my entry for this month.

Tommie and Kageto are at the beach and Kageto wants to meditate for some reason. Of course, Tommie ain't gonna let that happen.

Beach Mischief

Main characters Genesis

background characters Genesis 2

Freebies

[url=http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-GenesisDie_trying's V4 morphs for Genesis (Tommie, Kageto)*
    Pin-up Girl Pack (Tommie)*
    Ghastly's General Purpose Anime Team Morphs (Tommie, Kageto)*
    Ultimate Shader Pack (Chrome shaders—with reflection maps removed—for Tommie's wristwatch and necklace, truck's chrome, spandex shaders on Tommie's and Willow's bikinis)*
    Fisty's Liquid Shaders (six down) (Water)
    V4 Wrist Watch (Tommie)*
    Cross My Heart tenth down (Tommie)
    Beach Towel (Top) (Beach Blanket)
    Textures for Beach towel by Trumarcar (second from top) (Beach Blanket)
    Beach Chair and parasol (Beach Chair)
    Ella V4 (Tommie's eyes)*
    Sandra for V4* (Tommie's skin)*
    August Hair w/ August Hair ++ (Tommie)*
    Textures for Neftis August Hair (Tommie)*
    Samantha Hair for Genesis (Kageto)*
    Windwalkler Accessories (Headband) (Kageto)*
    Cool Tuna's Fundoshi for M4 (27 down) (Kageto)
    Kuji-In hand poses (Kageto)
    Day at the Beach Bundle (Tommie's Bikini, Surfer Dude's clothes and surf board)
    Inside the Asylum Bundle (Surfer Dude's hair)
    Satin shaders (Kageto’s headband, )*
    Super Shine Shader pack (Kageto's, cyberarms,truck's paint job)*
    Post Apocalyptic Vehicle Accessory Pack (Truck Flood lights)*
    License Plate and Frame (license plate)*
    Fuseling's Space Dome (sky)*
    Lonely Beach (beach sand, sea bed, and cliffs)*
    Lake Beach (Beach, water)
    Speed Lights Outdoor set 1 (set to Ray Traced) (lighting)

Paid For Items

Genesis Starter Bundle (For Genesis Evolution head and body Morphs) (Both characters)
    Ryuu International (Kageto)
    Willow for Genesis 2 Female (Tommie's shirt. shorts, and pose; Willow character and pose)

No Count Items

Ramwolf's Genesis Morphs (both figures)
    Genesis 2 Starter Essentials (background characters' skin textures, male's shape morphs)
    Ford F-150 Monster Truck (Tommie's Li'l Tonka)

Beach-Mischief-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 594K
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

That is a very effective way to get someone's attention. ;-)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Tommie and Kageto are at the beach and Kageto wants to meditate for some reason. Of course, Tommie ain't gonna let that happen.

Beach Mischief

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=208070_UXCBbDvv6RFYMdan8MyA&thumb=1&board_id=1

That's funny. Well, when you want to meditate on the beach, you have to go very early, and alone.

Dana

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited July 2015

Pool Party

Getting wet in a kiddie pool.

No count: Aiko3
    Paid item:Tawnie for V3 skin texture #

Center girl:
    June for A3 #
    Renella hair 12 down
    Bat lingerie set 6 down
    Girl on right:
    Elwing for Aiko #
    Short Bob hair - button on left
    Girl on left:
    Romulan Bob hair #
    A3 bikini at bottom of page
    Ear Studs #

Tofu skin shader pak used on skin.

Background:
    Sunny Backyard & Private Beach
    Grass shader #
    Banana Tree #
    Beer case
    Boom box #
    Wine Coolers - six down

Items with bad links:
    Flip flops - Rendo - link broken
    A-style bikini & A-style textures - RDNA newsletter freebie - links lost

Poses from several sets adjusted with some dial tweaking.
    # free site registration required.

Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 9
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 3A No postwork

poolparty1.jpg
    2000 x 1381 - 2M
    poolparty1.jpg
    2000 x 1381 - 2M
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
    edited December 1969

Nice work. What did you need PaintShop for? Oh, maybe the copyright notice?

Dana

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited July 2015

The copyright notice is on a plane primitive so it can be rendered into the picture.
    Since it is in the picture, it can even cast a shadow. Use any text or small artwork.
    See below.
    What I needed PSP9 for was to fix the texture mats for the brick walls.
    For some reason there was a light brown line down the left side of the textures.
    What you see is what came out of the render engine.

//Dang, I just noticed that the rubber ducky is hidden behind the blond's leg. Need to change render.

copyright.jpg
    300 x 300 - 4K
    copyright.jpg
    300 x 300 - 4K
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on

Oh.

Post because I'm not sure how to subscribe to threads with this new fangled forum.  frown 

Dana

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235

Where can I review the rules, please?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited July 2015
    reelyor said:

Where can I review the rules, please?

Rules for Monthly Freebie Challenge

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Hi everyone!  Wow, I disappear for a few months (ok, a year... wait has it been two??) and everything changes on me!  New site, Music AWOL, Yikes!  At least the the annual pin up tradition is still up and running strong!  Nice set of renders for the first page!  wink

Now if I can eventually figure out how to get the new Studio 4.whatever working, I might even enter this month!

Hi everyone!  Wow, I disappear for a few months (ok, a year... wait has it been two??) and everything changes on me!  New site, Music AWOL, Yikes!  At least the the annual pin up tradition is still up and running strong!  Nice set of renders for the first page!  wink

Now if I can eventually figure out how to get the new Studio 4.whatever working, I might even enter this month!

Hi! 

Nice to see you!  smiley

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592

Skywalker!!! Long time no see!! Y'see, what they say is true, if you close the door on somebody, somebody else opens a window and crawls through...or something like that.

Yeah, it's pretty strange around here and I'm not sure if I like the way they've rearranged the furniture. Sort of like wearing somebody else's underwear. It's uncomfortable at first but after a while you get used to it...

LOL!  I'm not too sure about wanting to get used to wearing someone elses underwear... but I definitely agree it doesn't fit the same!  As long as it does start creeping up places it shouldn't go, I'll be just fine!  cheeky

I must admit took me a while just to figure out what all the toolbar buttons were for and that I actually have to click a smiley than just type it in like before !  :(

I am glad to see some familiar faces / avatars anyway!  wink  (though Dana, did you have one before??)

LOL!  I'm not too sure about wanting to get used to wearing someone elses underwear... but I definitely agree it doesn't fit the same!  As long as it does start creeping up places it shouldn't go, I'll be just fine!  cheeky

I must admit took me a while just to figure out what all the toolbar buttons were for and that I actually have to click a smiley than just type it in like before !  :(

I am glad to see some familiar faces / avatars anyway!  wink  (though Dana, did you have one before??)

No, I did not.  I was the invisible man.  I can no longer be the invisible man unless I want to make an image of a white background and nothing else.  It's OK.  Maybe it will help people recognize me.  I don't know that they'd care, but...   blush  The only other time I had an avatar was on the ArtZone site.   We got a coupon or gift certificate or something for putting an image there, so i did it.

I wonder if these smilies come with CKEditor or they are an add-on.  I wonder if they can add more images to give us more choice.

Dana

edited July 2015

Hey I think it's a cool pic... Nothing like being a couple of feet deep in fresh snow... As long as you don't need to go anywherewink

Post edited by Sky77 on

Hey I think it's a cool pic... Nothing like being a couple of feet deep in fresh snow... As long as you don't need to go anywherewink

You see the snow against the fence and post?  That post goes up around my shoulder height.  I'm 5'6".  I didn't sink down to the ground when I stepped out there, the snow compacted beneath my feet and wouldn't compress any further.  I did a lot of shoveling this past winter.  It was brutal.  I didn't know where to put it all.  The piles on the side of the driveway were so high that I was having trouble tossing the shovelfulls over them.  A couple of the piles were over my head.  Every time they plowed the street, the passage got more and more narrow.  It became a one lane road, people had to wait at the intersection for an oncoming car in the opposing direction to pass before continuing.

Dana

Hi Skywalker,  nice to see you

Sorry everyone that I have been a bit tardy checking the entires.   As you have no doubt discovered it has been a bit hectic around here for the Forum Team and I am having trouble finding time to do fun things like coming here. 

I will get it done umm   now what word   can I use  there ... wil presently do? 

Chohole said:

Sorry everyone that I have been a bit tardy checking the entires.   As you have no doubt discovered it has been a bit hectic around here for the Forum Team and I am having trouble finding time to do fun things like coming here. 

If you need some help Chohole just holler.  smiley

Just please do not use the club, okay?

Chohole said:

LOL!   Hi Cho!  I guess "s@$n" is still a four letter word here!  cheeky

glad to see some things never change!  laugh

Chohole said:

Kismet, if you have time to check the links on the entries so far I would be eternally grateful.  

Chohole said:

I don't like to take the chance and use it, don't want to upset the applecatr and use SdevildevilN

Chohole said:
    Chohole said:

Kismet, if you have time to check the links on the entries so far I would be eternally grateful.  

Chohole said:

I don't like to take the chance and use it, don't want to upset the applecatr and use SdevildevilN

Will do.

Beach Mischief

Links checkout.  Had some trouble tracking down Fisty's freebie link.  Things got moved around in this new forum.  frown

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Pool Party

Getting wet in a kiddie pool.

Links check out

ENTRY ACCEPTED