PBS Metals , Metallic Plastics and Paints shaders for Iray [commercial] Just released

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Not promise when as I lot on my agenda right now .. but soon I will have more time to play with :)

Skiriki said:
    I'm just sayin', if you make IRay mats for those pastries available, it is an instant purchase of both pastries and IRay matpack. (And all those other nommable goodies. I like the sculpts etc but those custom mats you made were so breathtaking.)
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Not promise when as I lot on my agenda right now .. but soon I will have more time to play with :)

YAY! Yum yum yum yum.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

A render using the paint and metalic shaders. Glass & rubber from those that came with Daz.

I love how fast these render.

car_ranger_Iray2.png
    776 x 600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Nice re-texturing Wendy, the car looks just perfect !

wilmap said:
    A render using the paint and metalic shaders. Glass & rubber from those that came with Daz.

I love how fast these render.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Playing with the metals. :)

snake-fight_full.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 263K
  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Mec4D
    I know your quite busy making all kinds of goodies for us, but above you said "I am working on some freebie for everyone that purchased PBS shaders with additional smart layers will upload tomorrow here." Just wondering if I somehow missed the freebies or if they aren't finished yet. Keep up the fantastic work !!!! :)

edited December 1969

That is unique Kat .. very nice !

edited December 1969

Yes I am still working on that sorry for delay will upload ASAP

Strixowl said:
    Mec4D
    I know your quite busy making all kinds of goodies for us, but above you said "I am working on some freebie for everyone that purchased PBS shaders with additional smart layers will upload tomorrow here." Just wondering if I somehow missed the freebies or if they aren't finished yet. Keep up the fantastic work !!!! :)
  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Yes I am still working on that sorry for delay will upload ASAP

Strixowl said:
    Mec4D

Coooool....Thank you :)

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

May I make a sugestion to next shaders products? Save the shader name in the Tags field. When editing materials on objects with no Iray materials presets it is easy lost which gold, silver or whatever you have been using in the surfaces. The Tags would help to keep track of changes.

edited December 1969

Thanks ..Yes I was thinking about that after I submitted the product ..but was too late for changes

MBusch said:
    May I make a sugestion to next shaders products? Save the shader name in the Tags field. When editing materials on objects with no Iray materials presets it is easy lost which gold, silver or whatever you have been using in the surfaces. The Tags would help to keep track of changes.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

oh that is cool Kat.
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

oh that is cool Kat.

Thank you ! :)

edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    That is unique Kat .. very nice !

Thanks Cath. :)

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited July 2015

ok, only a few metals in this scene but here a new render i work with

t4b_2.png
    800 x 1294 - 1M
    Post edited by Twilight76 on
    edited December 1969

Nice one ! thank you for sharing !

Jennyver said:
    ok, only a few metals in this scene but here a new render i work with

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm just sayin', if you make IRay mats for those pastries available, it is an instant purchase of both pastries and IRay matpack.

By a strange coincidence ;-) I just bought the Doughnuts pack. Very nice, and they look moderately edible with just a straight default Iray conversion. Not as good as they look in that promo pic, though.
    edited December 1969

I bought them to make my friend's B-Day card lol and I did for myself

Skiriki said:
    I'm just sayin', if you make IRay mats for those pastries available, it is an instant purchase of both pastries and IRay matpack.

By a strange coincidence ;-) I just bought the Doughnuts pack. Very nice, and they look moderately edible with just a straight default Iray conversion. Not as good as they look in that promo pic, though.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Neglected Greenhouse
    I've been having fun with this set. I think I applied your shaders and or geometry shell shaders to every surface in this image.

Forum:
    Lighting and background is from Aversis free monthly HDRI for July 2015.

Neglected_Greenhouse.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Wow I see , very good job , when I saw the Greenhouse in the store I was like it need some shaders on top as it was very brand new
    and here we go , great usage !

barbult said:
    Neglected Greenhouse
    I've been having fun with this set. I think I applied your shaders and or geometry shell shaders to every surface in this image.

Forum:
    Lighting and background is from Aversis free monthly HDRI for July 2015.

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

First use of shaders...

image.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 382K
    edited December 1969

cool retexturing !

First use of shaders...
    edited December 1969

Hi Cath! You got a PM.

• somefunoksomefunok Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to check about the video you said you were doing, is that included in the PBS Shaders Vol1 download?

edited December 1969

No not yet , I will try to finish it in the weekend and will post link here

somefunok said:
    I just wanted to check about the video you said you were doing, is that included in the PBS Shaders Vol1 download?
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    No not yet , I will try to finish it in the weekend and will post link here

somefunok said:
    Good. I really want to watch that, too. :-)
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I'm sorry but I'm a bit new and don't get how to use these. Where are the "smart layers"? When I go to the surfaces tab I see Base, Metallic Flakes, and Top Coat. I don't understand where the "top smart layer" is in Studio.

Smart layer materials .. that you use on base materials, like for example base metal and on top you add paint flakes or dust or scratched metal  .. like in real life , you have base metal and then you paint it over .. the same way the smart layer shader works .. but using PBS shaders of course , the smart layers top will melt together into the base metals creating new material like metal +non metal 

You better access the shaders via folder structure than smart content other way you get lost .

fastbike1 said:

I'm sorry but I'm a bit new and don't get how to use these. Where are the "smart layers"? When I go to the surfaces tab I see Base, Metallic Flakes, and Top Coat. I don't understand where the "top smart layer" is in Studio.

fastbike1 said:

There are no "Smart Layer" in the shader. You should choose one Base preset to apply to any surface and if you want some effect, Dust by example, you apply one additional shader preset to the same surface choosing from one of the folders labeled Smart Layer.

Step by step:

1) Select one or more surface(s) in the Surfaces pane

2) In the Content Library go to the folder /Your Content/Shader Presets/MEC4D/Iray/PBS Shaders vol.1/Metals Pure 100 Base/ and choose Bronze 100.duf. Double click to apply it to the selected surface.

3) Render and see the surface(s). Shine and clean.

4) Now maybe you would like to get some scratchs  over the Bronze.

5) Go back one level in the directory and select the folder /Metal Dust and Scratches Smart Layer and choose Dirty Metal 1 smart layer.duf by example. Stll with the same surface(s) selected Double click the preset to add other properties to the surface(s).

6) Render and see how the surface(s) looks now. Dirty Bronze. That is the Smart Layer concept. The shaders presets from the Smart Layers folders add properties to the shaders presets from the Base folders. You can still apply the Tiles presets to accent the effect pattern over the surface. Just try!

I hope this help!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    fastbike1 said:

If you dig through the online manual, the explanation of the new Iray materials states that they have what is essentially three layers; I've looked at the differences in the surfaces parameters before and after applying them, and it looks like the "smart" settings affect only the top layer. It isn't something separate you have to set or adjust on its own, it's part of what you see in the Surfaces tab.