Art of the Promo

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Complimentary as in “free”? Or did you mean complementary?

In the case of typos like this I suggest that you use context to sort it out.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited June 2015

The ice flow in that promo art is inspired. Would make an interesting pro for other scenes as well.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Complimentary as in “free”? Or did you mean complementary?

In the case of typos like this I suggest that you use context to sort it out.

let's go with the "e" , apparently university degrees don't help with spelling... or grammar.... or typos...

complentary.jpg
    527 x 469 - 124K
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Lol, im not trying to be the grammar police, I was just genuinely puzzled for a few moments, until I "worked out from the context" what was meant. (But darn, I wanted a freebie).

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

apparently university degrees don’t help with spelling… or grammar…. or typos…

And amazingly they still give them to disabled people like me and even people who make typos and other errors. What a world huh?

edited December 1969

Today entry is a very nice retro feel 1940's Bus Station by R2Arts. With two highly detailed slice of life promos; plenty of characters and vehicles, various poses and well thought out vigmette type scenes.

00-main-40s-bus-station-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 324K
    edited December 1969

I don't usually showcase clothing items, but this particular promo for Vintage Bouquet is particularly lovely. Perhaps its the painterly feel or the muted tones, or the fact there's two distinct backgrounds photshopped in the bg with other elements added in and spliced behind the figure ( a la monalisa ) , but it catches the attention.

main_vb-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 326K
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited June 2015

Allot of good promos the past few days, or the past month I was away. Allot of that stuff has made it into my wishlist, and allot more lingering in DIM simply waiting for me to get home ind install it. Oh, No grammar-cop worries from me, I can't spell to save my life, and I even tend to stump Google at times, lol.

Well, I dropped by to say, I realy like this promo by Drakenborg, and the not always present "side profile" of a figures face. The Steampunk-like earrings look very impressive as well.
    http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tempie-hd-for-victoria-6

F_G2F_V6_FWSA_TempieHD_10.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 238K
    F_G2F_V6_FWSA_TempieHD_09.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 358K
    Grammar_SpelStumping_001.png
    624 x 156 - 4K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

One of the coolest thing about products for DAZ is that there are planty of options usually included in the sets, be it various materials or movement morphs. Trying to display these options in a creative and interesting way is always a goal for PAs. Today's Luthbel entry does just that. Eldritch Seeker has a cinematic wide angle shots of various characters dressed in the various material options. The single image takes care of both G2M character fits and material options but displays it in an artistic gangster style mid 1920's establishing shot of the whole G2Male cast of characters, from Brody to Gianni. Now that's dual duty information. "Top of the world ma, top of the world"*

* James Cagney movie quote.

01-eldritch-seeker-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 649K
  • kathrynlochkathrynloch Posts: 378
    edited December 1969

I'm just going to sit here and drool. Whoops sorry, didn't mean to get that on you. ;)

Seriously, just some absolutely lovely work.

And yes, there are a few items I've purchased because of an awesome promo.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited June 2015

absolutely FirstBastion, Top shelf thinking.

There are few items I see new stuff and say, even without a sale when I can get them later on (on the 3rd), that "Eldritch Seeker" set is one of them.
    http://www.daz3d.com/eldritch-seeker
    I do have questions about zones on the outfit items, tho I suspect there was just not enough time and promo image space to show it all. The extra gun (Revolver) to go with the set is a nice touch as well. How cool is that, you get all of the outfit parts to recreate the characters in the promos (obviously except the figures, hair, and backdrops). Ah, the hat dose have hair, hmm, wow.

Oh, and some styles, never go out of fashion. Press, Executive, Detective, Indiana Jones movie extra, etc.

11-eldritch-seeker-daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 127K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Well, your new product is wonderful and I think you will not put your promos by yourself here in the thread, but all them deserves a place here. These two ones I found particularly amazing. I am very pleased to share them here.

16-1stbastions-wilderness-two-creeks-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 221K
    05-1stbastions-wilderness-two-creeks-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 278K
    edited July 2015

Thank you MBusch, I wasn't expecting that.  It's a pleasant surprise to be included here. 

New promo today,  for the Robotics Lab by Studio360,  nice , new,  shiny, and crisp  iray renders which translate scifi so well.  The image that really caught my eye was number 10,  with sparks flying and the darkness engulfing what little light there is. Great use of emitters.  And conceptually,  Classic sci-fi good. 

10-robotics-lab-daz3d.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 146K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited July 2015

New Tango Poses today by DM are very compelling.  They're lit well, the environment suggests a location off the beaten track,    the poses themselves seem extremley accurate from a gravity and balance standpoint, and the expressions sell the emotion and the sultry ambiance;  besides,  I always like interactions of any kind in these 3D promo images. 

tango-daz3dbig.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 163K
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

I love those tango poses. Still, I'm glad they are not really that close to the two I painstakingly fiddled together myself or the idea I have for teh third that still needs doing :)

• kathrynlochkathrynloch Posts: 378

It seems some attachments are showing up and some aren't. So if this has been posted before, please forgive me. But Valandar had some of his stuff on sale and I like a lot of his promo shots. This one is one of my favorites because of the angle, lighting, and pose - it's also a great shot of the actual item he's promoting - the boots! lol!

artofthepromo-valandar-boots.PNG
    671 x 866 - 2M

I don't usually highlight portraits,  but there is so much emotion and vitality in this promo image for Smile Delight by CakeOne that its worth noticing,  which is showcasing the new multi bone facial features with poses.  The smile looks real!  Very nice! 

00-main-smile-delight-for-genesis-3-females-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 220K
    edited July 2015

Here's something we don't see very often,  Rain in Promos.  Shadow Outfit has a nice action image for its main promo,  stealthy female warrior high above on the rooftops in the pouring rain, trying desparately not to slip off the wet surfaces in the bright moonlight.  You can even see the splatter of the droplets on the roof tiles.  Now that's attention to detail.   You'd figure that a stealthy ninja type would want to be able to blend into the dark shadows with dark colored clothing, so the high beam cleavage is a bit of a distraction,  but the artwork itself is still good.  

[edit]  adding the picture would help...

00-dasz3d_shadow-outfit-for-genesis-3-female_s_.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 234K

I truly like the serene calmness of today's fetured promo image,  the young ranger taking a moment of rest amidst the colorful beauty of nature, her ever present sword within arm reach but not needed,  and the rolling hills in the not too distant background.  Merlin Studio's Wild Borders does a nice job of capturing the freshness and vitality of nature, there's a good compositional balance to the scene,  the lighting is crisp,   and it looks like a useful set of vegetation props.    Thumbs up all around.

00-main-wild-borders-daz3d.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 340K
  • I truly like the serene calmness of today's fetured promo image,  the young ranger taking a moment of rest amidst the colorful beauty of nature, her ever present sword within arm reach but not needed,  and the rolling hills in the not too distant background.  Merlin Studio's Wild Borders does a nice job of capturing the freshness and vitality of nature, there's a good compositional balance to the scene,  the lighting is crisp,   and it looks like a useful set of vegetation props.    Thumbs up all around.

Thanks very much, it was my first go at an Iray scene render smiley

edited July 2015

Battle scarred war hero stares at the camera,  flames, scrapnel and glass engulfing him in the maelstrom of war.  Now that's a promo!  A promo for WAR Essentials no less. See, artistic promos serve a specific function,  they have to grab your attention.  And when it works, the fit is hand in glove,   the product has a concept and the promo builds on that concept to payoff on the desire to "must have"    There are PA masters in this community,  and when they release something we all stand up and take notice.  Ron Deviney special F/X and Postwork BRUSH sets are like that.  Indispensible and useful.  Check out the store page,  a few promos in,   there's a whole page of sniper sights. pure awesomeness! 

00-main-rons-war-essentials-daz3d.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 269K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,021

What a great thread.  Here are a couple of promo images that I appreciated.

promo 06-harpsburg-for-carrara-for-sept-pa-sale-daz3d.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 274K
    promo dynamic desire hair.JPG
    649 x 851 - 101K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873

I have to admit i really like this promo for - http://www.daz3d.com/i13-stairways

edited July 2015

Deep Core Explorer by DZFire.  Cinematic awesomeness!  There's at least ten movies this reminds me of.  And this looks like a production still,  straight out of one of those.  What an excellent environmental promo. 

deep-core-explorer-daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 175K
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Deep Core Explorer by DZFire.  Cinematic awesomeness!  There's at least ten movies this reminds me of.  And this looks like a production still,  straight out of one of those.  What an excellent environmental promo. 

Thanks. This set also comes with the special underwater camera setting to render the same thing in Iray. 

Been a couple weeks since anything really caught my eye,  but I did get a chuckle from today's Selfie Stick release by Hole.  Promos got to get your attention.  The fine print did that. 

01-selfie-stick-and-smart-phone-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 223K

Faveral Released a European town scape environment set named Alsace today.  A whole bunch of very functional promos of an impressive looking set on the store page.  Check 'em out!  

428a03c552c6f55d2f8f8c8d8b417a.jpg
    1500 x 918 - 239K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873

I agree.  Hole and Faveral did amazing jobs on their promos.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited August 2015

did anyone notice that this girl is bare footed riding a bike... Ouch..lol...  very good promo render though just missed a small detail

product link: http://www.daz3d.com/the-velo

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

did anyone notice that this girl is bare footed riding a bike... Ouch..lol...  very good promo render though just missed a small detail

product link: http://www.daz3d.com/the-velo

She's going to regret the outfit generally if she falls off there.