GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Subscribed but no longer getting notices.... again!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

They're hit and miss for me and sometimes come after I've already read the posts

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,094
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    The other thing Dynamic Clothing Control adds is the facility to position a wind-source, which has obvious possibilities with the capes and other floaty items.

OK and thanks for the tip. I did buy the Batman/Superman/Girl/Woman capes, cowl, hoods, etc. I think I'm getting the hang of Dynamic Clothing in DAZ because I have tried it before in Poser. Maybe I WILL go ahead and buy the paid control, as it would be neat to morph the capes as though they're flapping in the breeze.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

And now since this upgrade can't render anything without Daz crashing halfway through. Not much point having a 3d rendering software that doesn't render.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Subscribed but no longer getting notices.... again!

When you get a notice for a thread, you have to read that thread again before you'll get another notice. But you also have to be logged in when you read it, or it doesn't recognize that you've read it. And since DAZ thinks we should be logged out after .009535 seconds of logging in, there's a good chance some of the threads you've checked via the notification E-mail, but had been logged out so didn't get recorded as having checked it.

Now, before opening any of the notification E-mails from DAZ, I first manually go to daz3d.com and log in. DAZ's insistence on logging people out in the time it takes to blink is one of the most user hostile features of their website...

edited December 1969

I'm always logged in in the forums but I have to constantly log on at the store side of things. I understand what your saying but that's not an issue for me here in the forums. If I submit a small post like the one above I start getting the notifications again. Plus DAZ's auto system for unsubscribing folks from threads is really presumptuous. Shouldn't matter one lick, the person subscribed should be the only one that unsubscribes themselves from a thread period!

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Do we actually get unsubbed? I've been in before to check the subscription under control panel and all of my subs were listed but I was not getting messages.

edited December 1969

Yea, they are there but the notifications themselves stop for some of us (I'm no the only one with this issue) for unknown reasons!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

Happens to me too. If I don't post to a thread in a week or so I won't get notifications. Other times I loose active ones. No rhyme or reason.

edited December 1969

Yea, gotta be a setting that they need to change and they should change it to "subscriber only" for unsubscribing or no longer wishing to receive notifications... ANNOYING!

• edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    Whoohoo! Found my first bug in the new DS4.5. :coolgrin:
    In the Render Settings pane when selecting Dimensions / Preset to Active Viewport it will automatically tick Constrain Proportions (which it never did in DS4.0) therefore when you restart DS4.5 the Dimensions / Preset has become Customs instead of staying as Active Viewport which in effect maintains a boxed window. This is really annoying. >:-(

Someone please look into this issue. I'm encountering the same behavior in 4.5. In Render Settings, when I select "Active Viewport" from the preset pull-down, the "Constrain Proportions" checkbox is automatically checked. If I manually uncheck said box, the preset pull-down changes to "Custom".
    The problem is: I do *NOT* want DAZ Studio defaulting to a viewport preset other than "Active Viewport" when I start the application. This is very, very annoying. If anyone has figured out a way to fix this, please reply.

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Yes, the render setting is annoying...

I came here to log-in and report this as well, and see if anyone else was having this issue, or reported it as a bug.

Seems to me from others encountering this behavior that it is probably a bug.

I tried to rectify the situation by saving both a custom workspace, and a custom style with the viewport render settings set to active to no avail. Each time I start up DSPro 4.5 it reverts back to that "custom" setting that I do not want. Very annoying indeed...

On another note; The fresh install of DSPro 4.5 seems to have gone smoothly without any hiccups, and the new SN issued to me has all the plugins available from the looks of it. Still more testing to do, but is going well so far.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Here is a render using the Release Version of DS 4.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slvtmbnTK2U

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    Here is a render using the Release Version of DS 4.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slvtmbnTK2U

Impressive!

edited August 2012

O.k., found a hiccup...

The bridge to Hexagon 2.5.1.79 is not working via DSPro 4.5 "to" Hexagon, but is working via Hexagon to DSPro 4.5 first.

If I try to send something to be worked on from DS it refuses to open Hexagon, and throws an error message stating a version of Hexagon 2.5.1.52 or higher is required (I have 2.5.1.79 installed).

However, if I open up Hex first, and send something to DSPro 4.5 Hex opens DS, and then I can send items from DS back to Hex to perform work such as morphs, 3D painting, etc. Sending the items back to DS creates morph targets correctly.

The issue definitely seems to be with DSPro 4.5 activating the Hexagon bridge.

Anyone else experience this?

*On a positive note; I am happy to report that the FaceGen Modeler/Exporter is working correctly in DSPro 4.5.

pete.c44:

I concur with inquire. Very impressive work. Any plans to go beyond 3 seconds?

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

I reset my download and everything is there but the GoZ files. What are they for anyway? And why would I need them? Do I need to reset my download from Reality 2 to get 2.5?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

Can you please submit a bug report so they can look at the issue.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited August 2012

pete.c44:

Thanks for the kind comments.

The Dynamic Cloth plug-in is extremely slow. Plus it has a tendency to get the "wiggles". I still view it as useful for really quick scenes....but IMHO, it is still in the toy stage. Dynamic cloth isdifficult in any software. I find the new Auto-Fit and collision detection more reliable.

Post edited by peteVault on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

UVDan said:
    I reset my download and everything is there but the GoZ files. What are they for anyway? And why would I need them? Do I need to reset my download from Reality 2 to get 2.5?

http://preta3d.com/blog/2012/08/21/reality-2-5-has-been-released/ Lux also has just been upgraded to RC4 make sure you get it from their main page.

edited December 1969

Frank:

If that was directed towards me I won't be submitting a bug report on the Hexagon bridge issue.

Apparently something changed in dependency handling, and it wasn't a bug, but more of an inconvenience for rebuilds.

Usually when I rebuild a PC to factory defaults I can get away with repopulating the Programs Files with about ninety percent of my software. Only a few require complete re-installs (always DAZ Studio amongst them) to place proper dependencies and registry parameters.

I re-installed Hex 2.5.1.79, and DSPro 4.5 is now linked with it, and handling the bridge properly. All is well... No bug here.

Regarding the render settings bug; I did submit a bug report for that one, and if anyone else here that is experiencing that bug would like to add to the report, please do.

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    pete.c44:

Thanks for the kind comments.

The Dynamic Cloth plug-in is extremely slow. Plus it has a tendency to get the "wiggles". I still view it as useful for really quick scenes....but IMHO, it is still in the toy stage. Dynamic cloth isdifficult in any software. I find the new Auto-Fit and collision detection more reliable.

This sounds interesting, pete.c44: So, do you load the Dynamic cloth item into your scene, and then, without doing the "Draping," try to position it with Auto-Fit and/or Collision Detection? What about "Conform To"? I'd like to know more about your technique. I'm going to experiment with this myself.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

I"m still wicked bummed out that pwCatch does not, actually work in DS4. I had to export scene to DS3, kind of defeats the purpose of using DS4. Not cool. :( Any chance it'll get fixed?? Seriously, it's a staple and I can't fathom NOT having pwCatch.

• edited December 1969

Daz 64 bit mac will not install and after installing Daz 32 every thing was crap, files do not work right, things are lost, selection is slow. it even screwed up the old 64 bit Daz.

edited December 1969

Daz 64 bit mac will not install and after installing Daz 32 every thing was crap, files do not work right, things are lost, selection is slow. it even screwed up the old 64 bit Daz.

Uh, did you uninstall version 4x with the 4.5 Installer before installing version 4.5?

edited December 1969

Now, no matter what I try, the Smart Content pane in DAZStudio4.5Pro, the Macintosh version, is not working. It doesn't matter what figure or item is selected, there's just nothing that shows there. There's just that "Where Are My Products?" bit. The same thing happened with DAZStudio4.xAdvanced and 4.xPro. Is this ever going to work on a Macintosh? I'm running version 10.8.1 of the OS, the latest version.

• tallpindotallpindo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

My problems with DAZStudio 4.0 and 4.5 have been cleared up. Mike 5 and Vickie 5 work fine. It is only the WACOM Intuos tablet mouse that does not work with the tabs. I have also installed these products on a new inexpensive AMD processor notebook as a target.;-)

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

I'm having a problem with pwGhost and DS 4.5. I upgraded to 4.5, reset my pwGhost download and installed version 1.2. But when I try to render, all I get is a solid flat color instead of the pwGhost effect. While rendering, it gives me this error message:

3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2069: the interface of shader 'F:/DAZ/DAZStudio4/shaders/pwGhost.sdl' is invalid

The file is there, so I'm out of guesses.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

Outline with geometry shell reached. Some thing to work even.

exp4.4_.png
    253 x 834 - 115K
    exp4.2_.png
    253 x 834 - 102K
    exp4.1_.png
    253 x 834 - 127K
  • edited December 1969

First off, I really like the 4.5 version of Daz. For me it seems to run more smoothly, I have less jerking motion when spinning the camera angles. Clothing fits one hell of a lot quicker, and my PC chokes less, so kudos!

My one issue, Goz does not work. I got the new version that the site directed me to, installed it, and it does not show up in Daz at all that I can find. Somewhat bummed about this, as I need to remake one of my main chars, and he needs a bit of zbrush work.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

GoZ works fine. Instead, rather say it does not work for me. By saying it doesn't work at all is a big assumption and people read into that.