Problem with Serial Number

timnaastimnaas Posts: 118
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I just recently purchased a new computer. A Windows 7, I7 3440 Quad Core. When I typed in my serial number for hexagon, i got a message telling me it's an invalid license?
I re-downloaded it and installed it a couple of times and still get the Invalid license message.
I've tried manually typing it in and copy/paste. Nether worked!
Is there anyway that I can get a new copy/serial number since this one won't work? I miss having this program and used it alot in conjunction with Daz Studio(which I didn't have problems when I installed it)
I would appreciate any help or ideas!
Thanks
Tim

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited June 2015

You will need to ask Support to help, nobody on the forums can.

Are you using the Serial as listed in My Account > Serial Numbers, for Hexagon 2.5?

Also, are you running Hexagon as Administrator?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Are you using the Serial as listed in My Account > Serial Numbers, for Hexagon 2.5?

Also note that there could be more than one Hexagon serial number on that page; I have three (one at the top, two scrolled way down at the bottom). I think they're actually for different versions, but they're all definitely listed on the page as "Hexagon 2.5".
  • timnaastimnaas Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

I just recently purchased a new computer. A Windows 7, I7 3440 Quad Core. When I typed in my serial number for hexagon, i got a message telling me it’s an invalid license?
    I re-downloaded it and installed it a couple of times and still get the Invalid license message.
    I’ve tried manually typing it in and copy/paste. Nether worked!
    Is there anyway that I can get a new copy/serial number since this one won’t work? I miss having this program and used it alot in conjunction with Daz Studio(which I didn’t have problems when I installed it)
    I would appreciate any help or ideas!
    Thanks
    Tim

edited December 1969

You will need to ask Support to help, nobody on the forums can.

Also, are you running Hexagon as Administrator?

I'm pretty sure I am since I have installed Daz and some games without any issues.
    And Yes, it is the one listed in my account!
    edited December 1969

Also note that there could be more than one Hexagon serial number on that page; I have three (one at the top, two scrolled way down at the bottom). I think they're actually for different versions, but they're all definitely listed on the page as "Hexagon 2.5".

There is only one on my Account page!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2015

I have merged your other thread with this one. We don't like to have duplicate threads in different forums, as it means that help is fragmented and often duplicated if you do this.

As a point of interest, does anyone know how you can check which serial number is the one used for Hex, as I booted up my copy to see if I could work out which of the 2 numbers I actually used, but cant see anywhere where it is actually displayed.

I could then have at least seen if the format of the OPs serial was the same I have one that starts HX20CRZ- and one that starts HDZSTND- which is a longer format.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Welcome to Windows 7 :-)

Uninstall the program.
    On the installer, right-click and "run as Admin".
    Install the program to the C drive [i.e. NOT inside the official program folders]
    When you first run the program .exe, again, right-click and run as Admin.
    The number does have to be typed in - I recall reading that somewhere here.

Customer support has been helpful in the past helping people get lost keys back.

• LegalizeAdulthoodLegalizeAdulthood Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

I've installed the latest Hexagon on several Windows 7 machines without any difficulty and without having to do anything special other than running the installer. I haven't attempted an install on a Windows 8.1 machine as I really dislike Windows 8.

edited December 1969

Uninstall the program.
    Install the program to the C drive [i.e. NOT inside the official program folders]

Customer support has been helpful in the past helping people get lost keys back.

My last Machine was a Windows7 and didn't have any issues?
    Thanks for the reply!
    edited December 1969

Uninstall the program.

Thanks. but that didn't work either!
    I followed your steps and typed and copy/pasted. No go!
    Guess I will just have to purchase a new license.
    Oh well!
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

timnaas said:

Uninstall the program.

Oh well!

You never did answer the question "Are you running it as Administrator." That does make a difference. And you shouldn't have to purchase a new license if you have already purchased Hex once, just file a help ticket and see if Customer Services can help you out.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    timnaas said:

Uninstall the program.

Oh well!

You never did answer the question "Are you running it as Administrator." That does make a difference. And you shouldn't have to purchase a new license if you have already purchased Hex once, just file a help ticket and see if Customer Services can help you out.
    LOL...............
    ah, yes I did to Jimmy C's. I did run as Admin. It didn't work. Besides, I just purchased a new license for Hex and it installed just fine with-out any issue.
    Anyway, as I re-called, I got Hexagon at the time when Daz offered all three programs for free. Daz, Hex, and Bryce for free. Not sure if it may be a one time install deal or not (it was like four or five years ago). I haven't tried Bryce since I had never really used it much anyways.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

timnaas said:
    chohole said:
    timnaas said:

Uninstall the program.

Oh well!

LOL...............
    ah, yes I did to Jimmy C's. I did run as Admin. It didn't work. Besides, I just purchased a new license for Hex and it installed just fine with-out any issue.
    Anyway, as I re-called, I got Hexagon at the time when Daz offered all three programs for free. Daz, Hex, and Bryce for free. Not sure if it may be a one time install deal or not (it was like four or five years ago). I haven't tried Bryce since I had never really used it much anyways.

Well, in spite of all the advice not being followed you did find a solution albeit an unnecessary one. How could you have downloaded a fresh install if the product was not still in your Product Library [before you bought it again]? A lot has happened over the past 4 or 5 years including a situation of missing keys. Still a good deal though and welcome back to Hexagon :-)