GENESIS 3

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Well, I have my old DSON importer back but alas, no joy with G3. Unless maybe she's supposed to do this?

Render_1.png
    460 x 457 - 47K
  • shadownetshadownet Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

I have given up on DSON. I have wasted too much money (several hundred dollars in fact) on content that I was suppose to be able to use in Poser, via DSON, and cannot. It is too much bother and only iffy when it works. I would like to see Daz3D go back to providing standard Poser installation files again and do away with DSON. It seems to me that vendors creating content for Poser have tried to support DS users, which in turn has helped to support DAZ3D. In fact, it was not so long ago that it was Poser users that were the ones supporting Daz3D aka Zygote before and after the split and before DS becoming their main focus. Lets face it Poser users, we are getting a raw deal. If you are a long time Poser user like I am, you have done business with Daz3D over the years and have helped them to grow to what they are today. So is this how they show their gratitude? I think so.

edited December 1969

Well, I just wish they'd both get their act together. That way everybody would win.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

adzan said:
    A Warning before I say this - Don't do this unless you make backups, can reinstall and know which daz data files to delete if it doesn't work.

Has anyone tried using DS to convert the V7 rigging from General Weight to TriAx Weight.
    The figure would probably load into poser but I'm not sure the expressions would work. I don't have the morphs or V7 and wont be getting them.
    Remember - don't overwrite your original V7, because it will change the way ds uses the figure and break things...

A Warning after I've said it so you don't hunt me down and beat me with sticks - Don't do this it'll probably break your V7 and affect your DS software until the end of time lol

Like Dr McCoy, I chose the danger. :) With Genesis 2 Base you are correct on both counts; it loads and bends in Poser, but she can't smile...

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Well, I just wish they'd both get their act together. That way everybody would win.

Midnight Stories proved that G3 can work in Poser. Genesis 2 works well with DSON.

However, it does look like Poser users have been ignored this time around. This happens more and more.

I could be wrong but we the people seem to be stuck in the middle of a business war.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

adzan said:
    A Warning before I say this - Don't do this unless you make backups, can reinstall and know which daz data files to delete if it doesn't work.

Has anyone tried using DS to convert the V7 rigging from General Weight to TriAx Weight.
    The figure would probably load into poser but I'm not sure the expressions would work. I don't have the morphs or V7 and wont be getting them.
    Remember - don't overwrite your original V7, because it will change the way ds uses the figure and break things...

A Warning after I've said it so you don't hunt me down and beat me with sticks - Don't do this it'll probably break your V7 and affect your DS software until the end of time lol

Yes that's how I did it to !!! V7 morph works !
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

quietrob said:

I could be wrong but we the people seem to be stuck in the middle of a business war.

I thought the same thing ...
    But hope that they are looking for it ... also still missing the G3 male ... So that's still very young, probably a solution must come.
    Well, I'm here watching how things unfold ..

edited December 1969

But won't converting her back to Triax lose all those nice new bends? Not that I know how to do that, in any case.

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    But won't converting her back to Triax lose all those nice new bends? Not that I know how to do that, in any case.

It sure does. If that is done, it isn't Genesis 3 any more; more like Genesis 2.1... :(

edited June 2015

Ha! Ha! Ha! Haaa !! All this is making me remember when launched Genesis 1.
    People were going from one side to the other ...
    Well ... I'm downloading the new Daz Studio now so next step to download G3 ...
    In a little start my problems too ...

But all this is very beautiful, because at the end, with tests and test a light appears.

Post edited by jorge dorlando on
    edited December 1969

Well, Daz Studio 4.80.59 now installed ... I think I'll leave download G3 tomorrow ... :(

edited December 1969

The only light at the end of this tunnel I've seen must be an oncoming train. :lol: I just got thru playing a bit with the original Genesis in Poser via DSON. Whoo-boy and I thought G2 was slow! In comparison G2 is a dream to handle, even with a sometimes-flaky importer. But it took me a very long time to get to the point of even using him, maybe by the time G4 and Vicky 8 comes out I'll have gotten a handle on this G3. Right now though it's off to bed for this little feather head. Needs me beauty sleep, I do. ;-)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

TRRazor said:
    Yup Updated to DSON Poser Importer 1.2.0.12 and everything exploded, so i’m happy to report G3F doesn’t work in Poser now lol

Don't want to jump to conclusions quite yet, but does that mean that DAZ3D crippled the DSON Imported purposely, to render it unable to Import G3 / V7 based figures and characters?

As even G2F, which should work with DSON, is dented with the newest version of DSON I think it is a case of improving something for the worse ... LOL

edited December 1969

I'm now afraid of upgrading. Anything. Lovely. Just Lovely.

Is there a way I can check my version without turning it on and having automatically update, thus destroying my G2 imports? Malware, Viruses, and now the DSON Importer for Poser.

Lovely. Just Lovely.

edited June 2015

It doesn't automatically update. I installed it manually. If I had installed it via DIM, it would show up in the available updates, but one would still need to select the update for installation...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    It doesn't automatically update. I installed it manually. If I had installed it via DIM, it would show up in the available updates, but one would still need to select the update for installation...

Thank you.

I just checked my version. I already installed DSON 1.2. I never thought DAZ would issue an update to something that wasn't a good update.

I'll check my G2's. Most of them I exported as a CR2 rather than imported them via DSON. Pity. I had just solved all of DSON problems.

It sounds like I will

1) have to see whether I have a copy of an earlier version. Then I can uninstall and reinstall that version. I doubt it. I pretty much trusted DAZ and it's tech.

2) Failing that, hope for the best.

Finally, has anyone heard whether an update to the update is coming or whether they will offer the old version? Also, any tutorial on how to use Genesis 3 in Poser? I've read we would have to delete some items and then install it. I'd like to know whether I can get it before the deals disappear.

edited December 1969

Have not heard anything yet about an update. I really don't think Daz is going to do much more with the DSON importer, being as it's not needed for Genesis 3 as Genesis 3 just can't work in Poser. Well, not unless Poser adds this DQ skinning thing to its next version. Too much technical stuff involved in the explanations I've seen so far, but there ya go.

• 3DXcentric3DXcentric Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Have not heard anything yet about an update. I really don't think Daz is going to do much more with the DSON importer, being as it's not needed for Genesis 3 as Genesis 3 just can't work in Poser. Well, not unless Poser adds this DQ skinning thing to its next version. Too much technical stuff involved in the explanations I've seen so far, but there ya go.

I don't know. To me, I feel, Poser should be the ones making these updates, or paying Daz to help them make them, or whatever. Clearly the figure is more important than the program to most people. I've been using poser for a very long time, but I'm seriously considering moving on, as I'm just tired of the fight. Rigging is extremely important, and I'm just tired of dealing with old stuff.

edited December 1969

jago187 said:
    Byrdie said:

I don't know. To me, I feel, Poser should be the ones making these updates, or paying Daz to help them make them, or whatever. Clearly the figure is more important than the program to most people. I've been using poser for a very long time, but I'm seriously considering moving on, as I'm just tired of the fight. Rigging is extremely important, and I'm just tired of dealing with old stuff.

I dig what you are saying. I agree that Poser should make the update as well as DAZ. But will the figure still be more important than the program when Vicky 8 comes out? I don't think so. From a business standpoint, you have to decide whether you want to eradicate Smith Micro's offering and TRY force a huge user base to use your product or do you want to include them and get the extra revenue? For me, the answer is obvious.

I saw a movie where a blind man wandered onto a car dealership. The salesman came over and said, "I don't know how a blind man got on this lot but you're not leaving here without a car!"

I think, DAZ will fix the DSON importer. Those are some smart guys and they don't want a mistake on the record. Will DAZ and Poser work together for the good of both? The money says yes. Now if you'll excuse me, RDNA has a flash sale on right now...

edited December 1969

Oh, they'll probably fix it to get it working for Genesis 1 & 2 usage. Update it as much as possible for that, but I really can't see them doing anything with it for Genesis 3 because Poser just hasn't got what it needs for G3/V7 to work even as good as Genesis 2. It will take much more on Smith Micro's part to catch up and I agree, they have to bring Poser up to industry standard. I love it but it is showing its age more and more.

• LynZemLynZem Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

whbos said:
    I just recently started purchasing Genesis 2 figures and clothing for use in Poser Pro 2014 and plan on using them despite this new figure. I know that no Poser CF's are available for V7 which doesn't bother me at all. I still use the Gen4 figures in Poser and only adopted Genesis 2 because M4 clothing is very scarce and content providers are alienating Poser users. The market is already oversaturated with Victoria clothing so I'm not interested in a new female character.

I've had some luck in converting some Genesis 2 clothing to work in Poser, but it usually needs some tweaking afterward. I don't know about this new figure and I'm not interested in trying to convert it.

Yah, I sympathize - for a year, my DSON import failed for things people could call my own fault (mainly, I can't use Drive C: for content as it is a small SSD and all bulk needs to be on "F:", which is a 3TB drive ... and DAZ was not clear on how to really move content away from 'default', and worse DSON caching meant such moving tended to fail unless one manually cleaned up.

But as of April, I've gotten some good G2F renders (mainly Aiko6 and Callie 6), and in May 2014 I spent (per CC records) close to $400 on G2F content for use in PPro2014. I know in the big scheme of things (like a company payroll) $400 is chicken guano, but I'll see how it goes. I had PC membership for many years until I realized after the first Genesis shift that as a PC club member I was buying crap I didn't really want merely to 'use' my monthly discount - so I cancelled.

I plan to wait and see what happens in July and August. If everything new & exciting is G3F and non-Poser, I'll cancel PC and stop visiting DAZ more than once or twice a month ... like I did for years. But yah, I understand that I am a tiny frog in a big pond. I hope DAZ finds this new billion market selling a naked V7 (without clothes) for $40 to 3DSMax & game developers.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited December 1969

So has Daz3D made any statement about at all about Genesis 3 and Poser DSON's future?
    I understand its their product to do with as they see fit but its also unwise to on purposely treat paying customers like this.
    People here want to know where they stand.

edited June 2015

Well, now I downloaded Genesis 3 Female Starter Essentials 501.15 MB
    I exported g3 of Daz in collada format, and imported the collada in PoserPro2014GameDev, and applied pose G2 female ...

Images removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited June 2015

here I applied a pose in daz, and then I exported in FBX format, PP2014gd

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited June 2015

Looks pretty good, but you'll need to censor those images, as nudity isn't allowed.

Can you import conforming clothes and have them work?

EDIT; I tried exporting as FBX, and her upper arms turned skinny and flat when posed...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Looks pretty good, but you'll need to censor those images, as nudity isn't allowed.

Can you import conforming clothes and have them work?

EDIT; I tried exporting as FBX, and her upper arms turned skinny and flat when posed...

Well ... In the FBX if set this box, but will ...

Sem_título.jpg
    1926 x 1090 - 328K
    edited June 2015

...But this is only G3, I have no V7, not yet.

Sem_título4.jpg
    1966 x 1088 - 248K
    Sem_título4.jpg
    1938 x 1086 - 243K
    Post edited by jorge dorlando on
    edited December 1969

What about expressions? Have you gotten any of those to work?

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    What about expressions? Have you gotten any of those to work?

Expressions? I guess I have not ...

Sem_título.png
    1966 x 1088 - 922K
    edited December 1969

Jorge, nice job! G3 looks better in Poser but it might just be the lighting.

Can you give us a step by step?