GENESIS 3

slaazepagslaazepag Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

So the new Genesis 3 doesn't come with the Dson Importer. meaning it can't be used in poser.
Is there much point shopping at Daz now??

Thinking of canceling my platinum membership, there doesn't seem much point having it now!

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Genesis 3 is advertised as having increased compatibility.... maybe that means no need for DSON in Poser??

• KelderekKelderek Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Genesis 3 is not compatible with Poser.
    The product page for Victoria 3 only states DAZ Studio 4.8 as compatible software.

Seems like DAZ has finally abandonded support for Poser.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

No need to come here anymore then....

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

well I will try it next
    spent last hour getting her into iClone
    Carrara a fail but FBX from iClone should work, I will try making a cr2 next

edited December 1969

uhmmm

Untitled.jpg
    1900 x 940 - 261K
    edited December 1969

I even tried swapping the saved obj with an exported base one same result

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

I just recently started purchasing Genesis 2 figures and clothing for use in Poser Pro 2014 and plan on using them despite this new figure. I know that no Poser CF's are available for V7 which doesn't bother me at all. I still use the Gen4 figures in Poser and only adopted Genesis 2 because M4 clothing is very scarce and content providers are alienating Poser users. The market is already oversaturated with Victoria clothing so I'm not interested in a new female character.

I've had some luck in converting some Genesis 2 clothing to work in Poser, but it usually needs some tweaking afterward. I don't know about this new figure and I'm not interested in trying to convert it.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited June 2015

I was able to load it via the DSON Importer using D3D's DSON Loader script. However, there are serous issues with the rigging. Note that I'm using a previous version of the DSON Importer because of issues with Genesis 2's ankle.

This render uses EZSkin shaders.....

Genesis_3_test3a.jpg
    830 x 850 - 93K
    Post edited by WandW on
  • IlonaIlona Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

please WandW, write a tutorial about that D3D ´s DSON tutorial!

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited June 2015

With the success above in importing this figure into Poser,it begs the question.

Does Genesis 2 clothing mix with Genesis 3?

Can DAZ 4.8 make PoserCF's for Genesis 3?

I do suppose I'll stick around to see how they treat us Poser users. They still have a ton of Genesis 2 content that I want to get. Even some V4 Aiko 3 stuff (which should be dramatically down priced).

I agree! Toot toot Tutorial time!

Post edited by Quietrob on
  • 3DXcentric3DXcentric Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

It's good to know there may be progress. I was losing hope fast.

• dullboydullboy Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

While I suspect that I know the answer, do we have any official comments from the DAZ staff on the availability or anticipated arrival of Poser support via DSON? The interoperability they advertise doesn't reference Poser at all, and since its the largest hobbyist 3D art program, I don't know how DAZ can give up that many potential sales. The sales issue was, after all, the reason why they finally came up with DSON in the first place...

edited December 1969

please WandW, write a tutorial about that D3D ´s DSON tutorial!

It only works if you don't pose it. ;-) I simply added the folder where I installed Genesis 3 to the Poser Library, and opened the DSON Loader script and browsed to the Genesis 3 Female dsf file. Unfortunately, the rigging is very messed up, because the actor names are not the same as the names of the groups in the geometry.

The version that Wendycatz did actually is rigged perfectly, but it didn't save the missing bits because there is no bone of the same name present for those minor bits of geometry. I tried putting the rig of the one exported from Studio into the one from the DSON importer import, but it still doesn't work right.

I posted about it at R'osity, so hopefully someone who knows what they are doing will look at the cr2 and figure out if it can be fixed, although Bruce Hoins says that it is unlikely without the skinning method used in Genesis 3 added to Poser...

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited June 2015

Ummmm

I obviously did something wrong
    all I did was create poser companion files using ds 4.8 for Genesis 3 Female
    and the genesis 3 figure and clothing loaded fine in Poser 2014 ! is it not supposed too??

ooooopppss better not tell my poser it's being very naughty

Untitled2.png
    773 x 791 - 157K
    Post edited by adzan on
    edited December 1969

Adzan, you wildman! :)

I think I need to try updating my DSON importer...

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Well. She's no toothpick-thin fashion model, that's for sure. :lol:

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Well. She's no toothpick-thin fashion model, that's for sure. :lol:

haha she's quite slender in default, I was just surprised she loaded so went mad with the few dials that are included with the free download

edited June 2015

if it's going to get me into trouble i'm quite happy telling people genesis 3 female doesn't work in poser.

I wont be getting V7 and don't know anything about her functions in Poser

the G3F poses convert just as easily by the way

I can already tell it doesn't work the same in Poser and poke through is quite obvious, but that was also the case with the other genesis generations
    Selecting the individual toes and bending them seems quite time consuming in poser, as each toe has two bones which have to be selected from the figure drop down list rather than just point and click. If that's the same in ds I don't think i'd be bending the toes very often lol

Untitled3.png
    773 x 791 - 144K
    Post edited by adzan on
    edited December 1969

Hm. I tried the same thing, and while it loads, when I attempt to articulate everything blows up and breaks.

• DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this thread, I wont be buying...

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

I like the model. It has great potential but not if I can't use in my favorite rendering program. Still, let's hope there is hope before the model rises to full price again.

edited December 1969

Your Genesis 3 must be VERY naughty, as when I try to lower her arms with the previous DSON Importer version they look like a 'W', whilst with the latest one they don't move at all...

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

How did you get her to pose? She imports but something isn't quite right, there are some sort of light green pants attached that can be seen in the preview but not the render. The Rotate & Trans dials move her away from it but it can't be deleted from the scene. And when I try to pose, no matter if it's an imported G3 pose or using the dials, the results are often hilariously disgusting.

I painted on a blue bikini in 2nd screencap to avoid fracturing the TOS even worse than poor G3. LOL!

Untitled-2.jpg
    416 x 586 - 55K
    Untitled-1.jpg
    612 x 489 - 72K
    edited December 1969

Yep, that's what I'm getting as well.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I only get those phantom green shorts if I use the full Basic Wear preload. If I load the top/bottoms separately then they load fine.

As far as posing.. well..you tell me. lol This was using the Fashion Model Pose 14. Playing with the native Figure Height menu is pretty amusing too.

G3F_PP2014_Fashion14.png
    1394 x 886 - 172K
  • TRRazorTRRazor Posts: 20
    edited June 2015

Genesis 3 / Victoria 7 use Dual Quaternion weight maps which Poser cannot translate.
    DQ is prominently used in Autodesk Maya skinning / rigging.

This is the reason, why you're getting these funky looking geometry issues, when trying to change dials on her limbs.

Smith Micro would need to release an update, which makes Dual Quaternion maps work inside Poser.

Post edited by TRRazor on
    edited June 2015

well that's just weird, so I must be doing something wrong

start ds, empty scene, single click on fashion pose 14, click on the active options pane, create poser companion file,
    apply to g3f in Poser with Poser Unimesh ticked as I would for any other genesis figure ????
    even tried loading it with the poser tradition skinning method which is on by default..

well i've got no idea

not that it matters, only tried it because of a thread on another site, haven't done this 3d larking in years and probably wont for more

Untitled.png
    784 x 791 - 144K
    Post edited by adzan on
  • edited December 1969

adzan said:
    apply to g3f in Poser with Poser Unimesh ticked as I would for any other genesis figure ????
    even tried loading it with the poser tradition skinning method which is on by default..

I think maybe there is the disconnect. As a poser user, I admittedly have no idea what I'm doing with Studio aside from exporting from it. I've created poser companion files before, but never for a figure.

When I export, I export to CR2 "Figure", and that's what results in the explody model.

I don't know what you mean by "apply to g3f in Poser with Poser Unimesh ticked."

Sorry to be annoying, I'm sure all of this will be ironed out in a few days, I'm happy to see G3 in Poser. Gives me hope.

edited June 2015

adzan said:
    well that's just weird, so I must be doing something wrong

start ds, empty scene, single click on fashion pose 14, click on the active options pane, create poser companion file,

well i've got no idea

not that it matters, only tried it because of a thread on another site, haven't done this 3d larking in years and probably wont for more

I tried it and they look like the distorted figures above.

What version of Poser and the Importer are you using? The Poser version can be gotten from Help>About Poser, and the DSON Importer version from Scripts>DSON Support>Importer Preferences

I'm using Poser Pro Game Dev 10.0.5.28925 and DSON Importer 1.1.3.50. (I've tried 1.2.0.12, and the results look like Vaskania's above)

Post edited by WandW on
  • TRRazorTRRazor Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

well that’s just weird, so I must be doing something wrong

Last time I checked Poser's background color wasn't purple.
    The screenshot you attached to your post looks very much like a DAZ Studio screenshot.

Could you show the same character posed like that in a Poser viewport, please?