Large object

garbanzolasvegasgarbanzolasvegas Posts: 53
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I have completed by sheet metal with holes in it but want to quadruple its size using average weld. Now that I want to weld the final 2 object that have ton of ploys the mac beach ballon keeps stirling and stirling and after a long time I go to force quit its not resounding..

Is there anything i can do to pull this off?

Comments

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

If there is an answer to this I'd like to see it.

I think you've got to the point where Hexagon has run out of memory (as you can tell I'm not a techy). There is a patch which allows you to use more than 4 gig but I do not think it works properly as I still have the same issue on one particular large project - It is massive though :)

By the way, you should add these post to the original one.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2015

I have completed by sheet metal with holes in it but want to quadruple its size using average weld. Now that I want to weld the final 2 object that have ton of ploys the mac beach ballon keeps stirling and stirling and after a long time I go to force quit its not resounding..

Is there anything i can do to pull this off?

One suggestion:
    Be sure the uvmapping is done.
    Export out the one sheet all by itself.
    Import it into D/S.
    Close Hexagon.
    Export it out of D/S.
    Open Hexagon [this is to totally clear its memory].
    Import in that NEW .obj from D/S. It will be smaller in size but look the very same.
    Add one piece and repeat above.
    Add second piece and repeat above.
    Add third piece and repeat above ... hopefully although this might not all work.

The other trick AFTER reducing its size via the D/S export trick would be to make the copies and arrange them as desired.
    The name all groups that you want welded together the VERY same.
    Export out the .obj file.
    Close Hexagon.
    Open Hexagon, import in that .obj file.
    It should now be one piece.
    Export it out and wash the .obj through D/S to make it smaller before making it a prop or whatever in D/S.

n.b. Sometimes after getting Hexagon to make a large .obj file, it will not load it again. But D/S will.

Post edited by patience55 on