Comments

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Better your head than mine, Jade!!

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah, yeah. Look who's talking, Mr. Mensa. I bet you could juggle all my stuff all the forum members stuff and run DAZ3D without pen and paper.
    You would never have time for anything else so I don't suggest you try. :grrr:
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

how does one even get tested by MENSA anyway :roll:
    is it like if you do not know where to go, you are toooooo stooooopid to bother anyway!
    like the psychics meetings, you have to be clairvoyant to know where they are held! ;-P

edited December 1969

at least we have this thread %-P for the stupid people to find!
    brainiacs tollerated but they must comply wit da rools andz post only stoopid stuffs!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

my bank uses a dual sequence, it is apparerntly one of the safest banks for online accounts. I have to login using my surname and a 5 figure number, then I get sent to a 2nd screen where I have to type in a 12 figure number, and then they put up a drop down alpahbetical list and tell me to select , for example, the 3rd and 7th character of my password. I never resent the hassle, because after all it is my money. I doo admit to having the number sequences on a little card tucked away in a (hopefully) unlikely place.

GOD... lol thats almost overkill for a good cause. No bank in Australia is that demanding to my knowledge. Just acount no. 6 digits, DOB, and personal Psw. I wouldn't remember all that :down:

Many banks however demand a new psw monthly though.

edited December 1969

I got a loan for my approved over the phone for my car!

edited December 1969

I quite like this thread, it seems it's about any thing and every thing lol

While I'm here... I was asked the other day does the states sell vegemite? We had a bit of a convo on the topic since apparently Aus sold it to the US and they sell it back to us lol! Australia tends to do that with everything, seems we're quite intelligent :roll: lol

edited December 1969

we're happy little vegemites here!

edited December 1969

lol sounds like we get the same adds too haha. That clarifies things thankyou lol

Are you likeing your new car btw?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Yep, this thread is about ANYTHING. Just try to lean toward the stupid side of things if ya can.

EDIT: Time to go cook part of a dead bird and some tubers. I feel the need to feed.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

For a lot of us that comes naturally.:coolsmirk: (The stupiod part I mean)

My bit of dead bird was cooked yesterday, it's cold cuts today, but I do need to cook and mash some tubers.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

It's probably cold cuts for me tonight also.

edited December 1969

nah, I am Australian, shiftworker with nothing better to do at 2:43am Adelaide time than troll forums!

• Rayman29Rayman29 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

my bank uses a dual sequence, it is apparerntly one of the safest banks for online accounts. I have to login using my surname and a 5 figure number, then I get sent to a 2nd screen where I have to type in a 12 figure number, and then they put up a drop down alpahbetical list and tell me to select , for example, the 3rd and 7th character of my password. I never resent the hassle, because after all it is my money. I doo admit to having the number sequences on a little card tucked away in a (hopefully) unlikely place. GOD... lol thats almost overkill for a good cause. No bank in Australia is that demanding to my knowledge. Just acount no. 6 digits, DOB, and personal Psw. I wouldn't remember all that :down: Many banks however demand a new psw monthly though.

Strong passwords are difficult to remember, but a phrase isn't.

Pick a phrase, use the first letter of each word and the letter to its right.

If their is no letter to the right, use the letter to its left.

Massive.

edited December 1969

nah, I am Australian

Well now you failed to mention that miss 'happy little vegemite' ;-P Though I'm glad I'm not the only Nocturnal forum troll, I swear I dont see the day these daz days

edited December 1969

Rayman29 said:
    my bank uses a dual sequence, it is apparerntly one of the safest banks for online accounts. I have to login using my surname and a 5 figure number, then I get sent to a 2nd screen where I have to type in a 12 figure number, and then they put up a drop down alpahbetical list and tell me to select , for example, the 3rd and 7th character of my password. I never resent the hassle, because after all it is my money. I doo admit to having the number sequences on a little card tucked away in a (hopefully) unlikely place. GOD... lol thats almost overkill for a good cause. No bank in Australia is that demanding to my knowledge. Just acount no. 6 digits, DOB, and personal Psw. I wouldn't remember all that :down: Many banks however demand a new psw monthly though.

Strong passwords are difficult to remember, but a phrase isn't.

Pick a phrase, use the first letter of each word and the letter to its right.

If their is no letter to the right, use the letter to its left.

Massive.

C-cant R-remember P-password P-press F-forgot M-my P-password ..... Yes It works! Hallaluya!

edited August 2012

Where did Rayman29 come into this quote?

Edit: Wait a minute... This is confuzzling!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Ha..ha... true its just one method.

edited December 1969

had the computer on as well as trollin on my Android, managed to completely freeze up Carrara selecting all the keyframes of a Carnagie Mellon mocap I had to attached to a GTA San Andreas captured draw call obj of a guy from 3d ripper dx, had him doing star jumps nicely, had weightpainted all those pesky vertices that overlapped and were being influenced by the wrong bones and spiking.
    something wrong though, I get this attaching bvh imports sometimes
    could not export a workable fbx, just an unrenderable exploded mess in Autodesk fbx viewer and iClone 3dxchange
    if I use an fbx skeleton or create my own bones it will usually work outside Carrara, even as a .dae in Blender!
    fbx export does not like using bvh files as skeleton rigs for fbx export, ok in Carrara but you cannot get it out as a workable mesh.
    why am I trying this?
    utterly no idea :roll:
    better get back to trying to make my own models and rigging them!
    they might look like crap but they do actually work!

edited December 1969

GTA SA was a mad game! I love stealing cop cars :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

The message is,
    Don't take passwords lightly. If you value an account.

edited December 1969

Rayman29 said:
    The message is,

Sounds Serious :snake:

edited December 1969

Rayman29 said:
    The message is,

Not really, Just commonsense.

edited December 1969

Rayman29 said:
    Rayman29 said:
    The message is,

Not really, Just commonsense.

Oh you are being serious... My appologies. Yes, generally speaking, I do take bank security seriously. Just caught me off guard, since talking about stealing cop cars in GTA :)

edited December 1969

one simple solution is to have very little money in you Visa debit account so there is not much to steal
    the bank will usually cover fraudulant use once it is detected
    living from pay to pay has it's advantages sometimes!
    identity theft is more of a worry.
    I must get on to shredding those bank statements, paid bills etc bundled up nicely for burglers by the shredder :roll:

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

nah, I am Australian

Well now you failed to mention that miss 'happy little vegemite' ;-P Though I'm glad I'm not the only Nocturnal forum troll, I swear I dont see the day these daz days
    Vegemite has to be one of the worst conspiracies ever inflicted on the rest of the world by Australia. That and Olivia Newton-John, but I digress. :) I thought they kept Vegemite around just to get laughs at tourists gagging on the stuff. I tried it once. Never again.

Speaking of dead birds, here's the official Australian recipe for boiled Galah: Place the Galah in a large pot of water with a stone. Boil until the stone is soft, then discard the Galah, and eat the stone. :lol:

edited December 1969

Routine bon fires are great for that too, provided there isn't a fire ban. But it's winter and nows the time!

edited December 1969

nah, I am Australian

Vegemite has to be one of the worst conspiracies ever inflicted on the rest of the world by Australia. That and Olivia Newton-John, but I digress. :) I thought they kept Vegemite around just to get laughs at tourists gagging on the stuff. I tried it once. Never again.

Speaking of dead birds, here's the official Australian recipe for boiled Galah: Place the Galah in a large pot of water with a stone. Boil until the stone is soft, then discard the Galah, and eat the stone. :lol:

First - are you australian? Seccond The rock would definately taste better lol

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Yeah, yeah. Look who's talking, Mr. Mensa. I bet you could juggle all my stuff all the forum members stuff and run DAZ3D without pen and paper.
    You would never have time for anything else so I don't suggest you try. :grrr:

Just beat my head, so the points are sliding off...

You seem to confuse memory with intelligence, they ain't the same thing. ;-)

Think of it as having great imagination. Reading books in my youth, there wasn't much trouble to imagine the stories in my head. The trouble is to take those images and put them onto the screen through, say DS4P.

The last few days I've been helping a friend of mine of lifting and replacing granite stones, due to them having sunk down and pasted old (and cheap) cement into sand and dirt through the past 60 years (water erosion didn't help either). Chipping away at granite isn't easy, so I'll never become a stonemason. Besides, my back aches a bit.

A dream I have is to see if it's possible to construct housing communities on platforms at sea. Need to be at least 6-7 meters (and maybe more) above surface-level to counter waves. A dome in Aluminium-lattice and with plexiglass covers the entire 'field'. Inside there are gardens, housing and satellite-dish for internet-connection.

Watching a program on Discovery Science, I saw how they were using algae to produce oil and a lot of other stuff, eg. an example was ice-cream using algae. The program is called 'Game Changers'. Nice stuff going on.

But now I'm just rambling.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

No, I'm not Australian. That should explain why I don't like Vegemite. :lol: I've been to Australia a couple of times. Sydney is great. Not one of my favorite "foodie" destinations, but a lovely place to visit. Stayed in Crow's Nest. Took cab rides to the customer site I was visiting, and an easy train ride to the heart of the city.

This discussion has been closed.