Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Now you know where my creativity comes from.

One quirk is that when I speak with people, I sometimes am a step ahead of their train-of-thought. Not always, of course. And has a tendency to finish their sentence. Probably annoying, so I keep my mouth shut not to embarrass myself, but it's a bit boring.

Need to get going to work. <*sigh*>

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

lol! I just simply create the illusion of intellect by surrounding myself with people stupider than me %-P
    but that fails dismally because they not understanding my logic and reason due to utter their moronicness just think I am a loony!
    (only half joking btw, there are some very intelligent people at my work who are students from overseas who come and g, there is a very high turnover of them as they soon find a better job, then the are the stupid ones, not students, who stay because they could not do another job, but I have been there 29 years so who is fooling whom?)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

At Mensa meetings, people drink beer and tell all the jokes that go over the heads of the people they spend the rest of their time with.

My favorite Mensa anecdote -- a friend of mine who worked in a really dead-end support group in a large computer company (my wife interviewed there, so I know his description of the group is completely unexaggerated) was told by his boss never to use words longer than 2 syllables -- "there's no such thing as a long word that can't be said better with 2 syllable words." My friend replied, slowly and enunciating every syllable, "that's ridiculous." Naturally, his boss didn't get it.

edited December 1969

I am in the right thread then, because STUPID was the only 2 syllable word that came into my peabrain, all you intellec-tools, get ye to a smarter thread, you are making me look dumb!!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited August 2012

downloaded Blender for Android but will not install :roll: parsing error
    maybe next build, still in development
    started a thread if anyone interestsd, maybe someone else can get it to work

I downloaded Blender for Android and try to loaded it in my Android Cruz
    I'm soooooo disappointed ,, it kept giving me a parsing error when I try to load it :(

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2012

I know, as I said, I am getting that too!
    dunno if I need to update Android from 2.2 cannot do it on my tablet (no option under settings/phone) I believe I need to install Samsung Kies on my desktop to do it.
    I do not know what "flavour" my Android even is! edit, it is Froyo which is pretty low down on the menu list!!
    (thought it was icecream sandwich but that is 2.3 the latest is Jelly bean)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

I would have thought this would work on my cruz because is a 2.5.3 But I am search the cruz web site to see if there is a update for my tablet or to see how to resolve parsing errors. I think finger sculpturing would be neat as heck

edited December 1969

try TrueSculpt off Google play, free, like Sculptris but very clutzy with touchscreen and clutzy fingers!
    has 3D fingerpaint too!

edited December 1969

I am in the right thread then, because STUPID was the only 2 syllable word that came into my peabrain, all you intellec-tools, get ye to a smarter thread, you are making me look dumb!!

Well, peabrain IS a two syllable word...

For what it's worth, I work in a so-called 'dead-end job'. Why? Well, I work one week on and one week off. So, I'm getting vacation two weeks each month. More time for me to do things I want to, like rendering stuff. Getting one work-week off means I have three consecutive weeks to anything I want. The downside is that I work 10 hours a night, but I have great co-workers - got lucky there! And since this is the kind of work that are needed, I never worry about loosing my job. Your 29 years working, Wendy, is a testament to your skills and patience. You'd not last that long if you really were a bridge-troll. :):

edited December 1969

oh but I am on my final written warning for bad attitude to other staff!

edited December 1969

At Mensa meetings, people drink beer and tell all the jokes that go over the heads of the people they spend the rest of their time with.

My favorite Mensa anecdote -- a friend of mine who worked in a really dead-end support group in a large computer company (my wife interviewed there, so I know his description of the group is completely unexaggerated) was told by his boss never to use words longer than 2 syllables -- "there's no such thing as a long word that can't be said better with 2 syllable words." My friend replied, slowly and enunciating every syllable, "that's ridiculous." Naturally, his boss didn't get it.

It's "if you can't tell it succinctly in a few sentences, it's probably not worth hearing."

Besides, I think his boss thought he got insulted. Which wasn't the case. <*shrug*>

On another note, I'm watching "Creating Urban game environments"-tutorials, and it's pretty interesting.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Ah, but you were smart enough to recognize that ridiculous is more than 2 syllables and try to think of a 2 syllable alternative. Dumb boss never even registered that much.

Hey, working every other week is a nice deal. This particular group wasn't just dead-end as in "no route to advance", but as in "being dead is more interesting and fulfilling than being here."

edited December 1969

oh but I am on my final written warning for bad attitude to other staff!

Well, then it definitely pays to be indispensable (is it the right word?).

As long as you don't drink on the job and sings, "Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Rum", then you'd fine. And, "You'd catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

. . . [snippity snip]

LoL ~ Apparently intellect and being advanced don't necessarily come hand in hand.

Post edited by Cyn Art on
    edited December 1969

Cyn Art said:
    . . .

LoL ~ Apparently intellect and being advanced don't necessarily come hand in hand.

Get me a Newcastle, and I'll be the singing pirate with the "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum"... :lol:

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Now you know where my creativity comes from.

One quirk is that when I speak with people, I sometimes am a step ahead of their train-of-thought. Not always, of course. And has a tendency to finish their sentence. Probably annoying, so I keep my mouth shut not to embarrass myself, but it's a bit boring.

Need to get going to work. <*sigh*>

You're in the right place then. Hard to interrupt here. lol

Don't feel bad. I've been told it's not unusual for those that grasp the gist quickly or are intuitive communicators. For the like-minded, it's the most effective way to hold a conversation. lol :D Some people might prefer being interrupted over limping along in a conversation thrown into first gear. I do. The only time I mind is if they keep completing my sentences and are wrong in the direction I was going - and keep doing it thoughout. LoL I say after the third miss . . . it's time to stop. lol

(Gee . . . I knew I was interrupted from the machine, but for that long between posts? My internal clock needs a tune up. o.0 )

Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

My mum's furry friend Oscar is sleeping on the floor. On hardwood floor that is.

He recently got into something gray. I asked mum if she wanted to give Oscar a bath. She said that she did not want to be scratched up. Oscar still has all of his claws and like most of his kind hate water except to drink it.

My mum's other furry friend likes to scratch my stepfather's computer chair. The back is well scratched but Misty is not finished.

edited December 1969

okay, I felt a bit peckish so am eating masterfoods horseradish cream straight from the jar.
    as you do :roll:
    clears the sinuses.
    I REALLY want some pickled ginger, I can eat a packet of that on wasabi crackers in no time!!! (maybe a bit of smoked salmon to take the edge off)

edited August 2012

I wish I had some corned silverside and hot mustard to go with it
    AND sauerkraut!
    ate a kransky sausage in pastry at work, only had tomato sauce so now playing catch up with the condiments!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

I have a stupid idea

edited December 1969

I have a stupid idea

Tell us. Please.

edited December 1969

I have a stupid idea

Tell us. Please.

I make modern art images on my kindle fire and trade them for daz gcs or something.

Trying to figure out how to stay in Pc while I am between jobs.

edited December 1969

I was just saying my stupid idea that is all.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I make modern art images on my kindle fire and trade them for daz gcs or something.

I got a suggestion -- grab True Sculpt (available to Android-based devices) and see if you can make nice objects with it. I just tested it with my tablet, and wow, I can see myself doing stuff with it right before bedtime or while traveling.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I got a suggestion -- grab True Sculpt (available to Android-based devices) and see if you can make nice objects with it. I just tested it with my tablet, and wow, I can see myself doing stuff with it right before bedtime or while traveling.

I have a kindle fire which does not have google play built in. There might be a way to put google play on the kindle. But I do not have acres to a computer and I have lost the usb cables for the kindle fire.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

It may be available in Amazon's own store as well as a freebie, check it out?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    It may be available in Amazon's own store as well as a freebie, check it out?

I tried to find it but could not find it. I tried looking for something similar but with no luck.

I have figured out most Tv seems stupid. I do not like reality Tv. I was forced to watch a reality Tv.

edited December 1969

I was forced to watch a reality Tv.

Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

They say nothing is impossible, that's not true, I've done nothing my whole life.

edited December 1969

I was forced to watch a reality Tv.

Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment...

That is how it feels. Lol

This discussion has been closed.