The Path to iClone

Comments

• mtakerkartmtakerkart Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

we are currently considering if we will allow for FBX export to other 3D tools

Wow!! :-P

our iClone developers here. Brilliant. Hard working. Humble. And under appreciated.

Brilliant : doubtless
    Hard working: for sure
    Humble: definitely
    Under appreciate : May because we never saw who are people from Reallusion? Do you have a team photos? Even in your facebook
    page , we did't see people.... It's call FACE-book :-)

By the way I'm very aware for the next!!!! Thank you very much.

• ReallusionReallusion Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

iClone’s Game Character Animation Contest
    http://www.reallusion.com/to/2015-contest/rl.asp

WHAT - Reallusion invites the Daz community and all game-art creators, animators and 3D artist to participate in the Game Character Animation Contest featuring user’s own custom art, and animations with big rewards for those who incorporate iClone into their project workflow.

HOW - Use any of your own original creations, imported 3D models, or Reallusion content to create an animated 3D scene in iClone, or in your preferred 3D tool, featuring your video game tribute. Entrants can submit sketches, mock-ups, 3D rendered images and preview animations to take part in the early stages of this contest.

WHY - This a great chance for you to create and showcase your 3D art and animations, inspired by your favorite video games and characters to the entire 3D community! All entrants will have a shot at winning prizes valued at over $5,000.

WHEN - The contest will start on April 25th and close on June 10th for final submissions. Winners will be announced on June 30th, 2015. For more information, see the complete rules and list of prizes

Game-Character-Animation-Contest.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 524K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Realtimer , very exiting!!!
    I just hope having my Neuron mocap kit before the ending subscribtion....

I had just install the Iclone 6.03 patch but there is still a bug with the "detail" texture of the Eightmap large terrain , there's no control of the opacity (strengh) and the tiling. Terrain is a major feature to make movie ;-)

Could you tell to the staff of this ?

Best regards

edited December 1969

I had just install the Iclone 6.03 patch but there is still a bug with the "detail" texture of the Eightmap large terrain , there's no control of the opacity (strengh) and the tiling. Terrain is a major feature to make movie ;-)

Could you tell to the staff of this ?

Best regards

I have just sent it to them.
    Thank you for reporting this!

• digitalcraftdigitalcraft Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

When I tested ICLONE in Toon Shader, I noticed thick black outline around teeth, lips and eyelashes. They kind of looked ugly. Particularly in medium and closeup shots.

In ICLONE, one could change the colour and texture of the body parts i.e arms, legs etc when we take the Genesis character into ICLONE.

Like the colour and texture of different body parts, you must allow the user to SET THE LINE WIDTH FOR DIFFERENT BODY PARTS INDEPENDENTLY.

Then the user could set the Linewidth of eyelashes, teeth, lips to 0 and thicker line width to the costume.

Or, allow the user to choose between OUTLINE / NO OUTLINE for different body parts with a CHECKBOX.

Please note I am discussing the Toon Shading mode.

This COULD / SHOULD be done with a small patch.

A feedback shall be really appreciated.

There are many more points to discuss, but this point badly need somebody's attention at RL.

edited December 1969

Hi Digitalcraft,

Thank you also for reporting this issue.
    I believe this has been brought up on our forums at RL.

• digitalcraftdigitalcraft Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

I see you being PROACTIVE in sorting out people's issues, hence I was encouraged to report to you. Hope you get this sorted for the animators who love Toon Shading.

edited May 2015

Hi Realtimer!

I saw the 3Dxchange release schedule on the reallusion site:
    http://forum.reallusion.com/236656/3DXchange-6-Release-Schedule

Very interesting feature !! The automatic conversion of Daz Genesis 2 characters will be amazing to buy Daz characters now in a easy way.

Can you tell me more about ICLOTH?

Thank you

Post edited by mtakerkart on
  • jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

Hmmmm, I would be interested in some info about iCloth too! And will will it continue to support Genesis 1?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

The long-awaited Kinect Mocap is now back for iClone 6 pro users! If you own the Mocap Plugin simply upgrade to iClone 6.03 and enjoy its improved interface. In the meantime, we are working on Kinect v2 for Windows for higher level of accuracy and stability. Purchase of Kinect v1 can get the Kinect v2 Plugin upgrade for free.

Now we wait for the new 3dxchange :blank:

• Artman009Artman009 Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if Noitom Perception support for iClone has been dropped? Users have noticed it was once mentioned on the iClone 6 'Upcoming Features' page but has since been removed.

(Here's an archived version with Noitom Perception mentioned via archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20150317232324/http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_ComingFeature.html)

edited December 1969

@Artman

This user share this on reallusion forum:
    http://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost236593.aspx

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

The English is pretty broken on that post. Am I to understand that Reallusion dropped Perception Neuron because of their lack of professionalism?
    edited December 1969

"Am I to understand that Reallusion dropped Perception Neuron because of their lack of professionalism?"

I don't know why reallusion dropped Neuron. The lack of professionalism is only my resentment as a backer of their project.

• ffusffus Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

how about the product we've got from daz3d.com,http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=iclone,could we update it as the product that we've bought from reallusion.com

edited May 2015

Hi Realtimer!

I saw the 3Dxchange release schedule on the reallusion site:
    http://forum.reallusion.com/236656/3DXchange-6-Release-Schedule

Very interesting feature !! The automatic conversion of Daz Genesis 2 characters will be amazing to buy Daz characters now in a easy way.

Can you tell me more about ICLOTH?

Thank you

Hey Guys,

So sorry about the late reply. I've been swamped.

SURE! The iCloth is a new type of clothing for G6 Characters that will basically morph and expand with your G6 characters. Currently, we are in the plans of releasing the G6 Character Creator which will allow you to morph your designs. The iCloth will conform to the skin mesh of the character and stretch/conform according to the character's modifications.

I'll post more stuff once it comes out of the kitchen. ;-)

Post edited by Reallusion on
    edited May 2015

"Am I to understand that Reallusion dropped Perception Neuron because of their lack of professionalism?"

I don't know why reallusion dropped Neuron. The lack of professionalism is only my resentment as a backer of their project.

Mtakerkart,

Your information is absolutely false, and completely misleading.

For the record, Reallusion has NOT DROPPED Neuron Perception.
    If anything, their system has finally begun shipping out and it has proven to be better than what we expected. We received their latest suit just this month, and the results are very promising.

Later on, I will be gathering more info on the results, along with posting some sneak preview videos on the suit performance with iClone 6.

edited December 1969

You know what?

I just couldn't leave everyone guessing on what the latest Neuron Perception kit looks like!
    So I decided to sneak into the iClone lab and take some sweet pics for all you!! :coolsmirk:

have a good weekend everybody,

RL

IMG_7477_(Custom).JPG
    1000 x 750 - 132K
    IMG_7476_(Custom).JPG
    1000 x 750 - 147K
    IMG_7475_(Custom).JPG
    1000 x 750 - 148K
    IMG_7474_(Custom).JPG
    1000 x 750 - 156K
    IMG_7473_(Custom).JPG
    1000 x 750 - 138K
    edited December 1969

3DXchange 6 is finally here!
    not happy about the upgrade price .

• Artman009Artman009 Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Exciting news about Neuron Perception! Cannot wait to see the results!

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited December 1969

I am trying to follow the tutorial to export Genesis 2 to Iclone but I'm stuck on the first part. I can't find the iCloneFaceKey. I purchased the iClone 6 Pro Full Bundle and do not see this file anywhere. http://www.daz3d.com/iclone-6-pro-full-bundle

edited December 1969

I found it

edited December 1969

Can you help with with my hair? Why does it look like this? This is Genesis 2. I used Ranger Hair from DAZ but even the IClone hair looks this way.

Also, when I try using the Iclone long hair with Physx, it cuts into the character instead of falling on and around her shoulders. Adjusting collision did not help.

_preview.jpg
    800 x 600 - 83K
    edited December 1969

DarthD said:
    Can you help with with my hair? Why does it look like this? This is Genesis 2. I used Ranger Hair from DAZ but even the IClone hair looks this way.

Also, when I try using the Iclone long hair with Physx, it cuts into the character instead of falling on and around her shoulders. Adjusting collision did not help.

looks like the hair is - display - wireframe
    you need normal .
    pick hair - go down until you see display - click normal

think its how you added the hair to your model

edited December 1969

I checked and it is set to normal. It does this for any model, any hair. I even loaded a default scene with Heidi.

edited December 1969

Hi Darth,

I have no idea what could be causing this on your computer, but if I had to guess I think the issue is with your graphics card.
    Please check that your PC meets the iClone 6 requirements >> http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_requirements.aspx

If the issue persists, then you need to contact Reallusion support > http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/user/FAQList.aspx

edited December 1969

Thank you. I think you are correct. I assembled a new PC and didn't have the money for the graphics card yet so I'm using the on board graphics at the moment. I'll be purchasing a new card in a few weeks. This would not cause the hair to cut into the character instead of falling on the shoulders using Physx though right?

edited December 1969

Pretty sure that if your PC meets all the specs and has the latest version update, then you should not have any trouble.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi Real Timer, I believe,, there already same request, but daz up-date bese figure to genesis3
    then now it change their rigs and add extra face bones for facial animation.

I think,, if Realusion hope to get more customor from ds User, must need up-date ,
    auto preset for genesis3F and facial expression DUF,,,

at least,, I decide when reallusion up-date them,, I should version up, iclon5 to 6, with 3dExchange .;-)

and I have one simple question,, I feel Iclone and 3dExchange is really good to export and import FBX with motion.
    The Path to IClone seems OK. the Path to other 3d aprication, basically OK.

(eg I can not direct export genesis2 FBX to UnReal4 from ds, with keep clothing , but if I use 3D exchagne,
    then export it ,, it worked thanks 3dExchange.

but,,,, I hope to return genesis2female , which imported, and added motion in iclone 5,. to daz studio as FBX,,,
    I know I can import motion from iclone to ds as bvh,, but is there way to import iclone 5 figure ,
    and daz figure whici exported to ickone,, to daz studio as FBX (keep mesh and rig with motion)
    then use it in daz studio?

when I try to return genesis2female + clothings (with iclone motion) to daz studiio, it almost un-usable,,

is there correct setting to re-import genesis2 figures with clothings hairs, in 3d exchange export FBX option?

(of course,, I know it already change mesh to triangle as FBX but it is OK for me, just hope to see them work.

edited July 2015

Greetings All !

We are excited to inform you that Reallusion will once again be at SIGGRAPH 2015 this year, and that we invite you to visit our Booth (# 236) on August 9-13, at the Los Angeles Convention Center

This year we have tons of cool stuff we would like to share with all of you. These include a sneak peek at our:

1.       iClone 6.2 Character Creator system - an amazing character creation enhancementthat will allow you to change/shape character body parts, enhance skins, andconform clothing to morphs.

2.      Noitom Neuron Perception Body Mocap - an exclusive peek at what iClone 6 has instore with Noitom's Body mocap, which includes body, neck and finger motioncapture!

3.      3DXChange 6.2 Pipeline - a revamped and supped up version of3DXchange 6 that will finally allow you to export all the newest iClone 6content.

So mark your calendars and come visit Reallusion in Los Angeles!  To register for a complimentary Exhibit Hallpass, please click the link below: https://register.rcsreg.com/r2/siggraph2015/?zpromo=GPRE437   Our invitation code is "GPRE437". Please remember that its on a first come-first served basis. So register your invitation soon as you can to guarantee a pass for yourself.

For more information about SIGGRAPH, please visit - http://s2015.siggraph.org/

We hope to see you there! 

The Reallusion Team