Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have not seen the inside of anything not medical or food and clothing related in so long I can not remember the last time. This started as a joke, now I'm really trying to think of the last time. Crap I think it was Lowes, that's not much better than Wally World. STUPID.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I stay away from Lowe's as much as possible. They always have something I need and I buy it. ;-)

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I stay away from Lowe's as much as possible. They always have something I need and I buy it. ;-)
    My NEED list far out weighs my wallets ability to deal with it.Need, new back steps and rails, need new windows all out the house, need new backdoor, need new heating system need, ah.. Nevermind I'm broke way before I hit heating... Oh well, us folks on pensions just figure out how to make do with what we have.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    AtticAnne said:
    My NEED list far out weighs my wallets ability to deal with it.Need, new back steps and rails, need new windows all out the house, need new backdoor, need new heating system need, ah.. Nevermind I'm broke way before I hit heating... Oh well, us folks on pensions just figure out how to make do with what we have.

If you ever figure it out, let me know.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

had to share this, gave me a laugh

password_incorrect.jpg
    480 x 517 - 79K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    AtticAnne said:

If you ever figure it out, let me know.This is as far as I have got. I doubt it will help much. Sit and shiver in chilly poorly heated home, keep away from drafty old windows that are letting all the heat out, pay electric bill and buy food. I'm not frozen solid because I have some heat and my belly is full. That's as far as it goes so far, sorry.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

The grocery store or hardware store?

edited December 1969

Hardware, if you need anything. Tool, Bath Tub, Door, heck anything those folks have it in that place. Need a left handed Whatzit? Just ask, they'll find one.
    edited December 1969

and is there anyone who doesn't need a lefthanded Whatzit. They do sound vvery useful, how have I ever survived this long without one.:roll:

edited August 2012

chohole said:
    and is there anyone who doesn't need a lefthanded Whatzit. They do sound vvery useful, how have I ever survived this long without one.:roll:
    I'm sure you knew this but a Right handed Whatzit will work in a pinch, you just need to flip it upside down. :coolgrin:

Edit: And turn it backwards not forewards. Left handed Whatzits go back to front, not front to back. I'm sure you knew that also.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

yes does make some sort of sense, well after a couple of glasses of wine it did, not so sure in the murky light of another damp and dismal morning.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Lol I like that one :lol: I once considered backspace seems as though it's right in front of you, enter or shift even. One of my siblings at one stage had a password: Shampoo... Who thinks of that seriously???

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Lol I like that one :lol: I once considered backspace seems as though it's right in front of you, enter or shift even. One of my siblings at one stage had a password: Shampoo... Who thinks of that seriously???

That's defiantly an odd one.

edited December 1969

Well we got a warning that one online store (major UK SUpermarket) had problems with the way they stored passwords, so I went into my account and changed my password to "mickeymousepassword"

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well we got a warning that one online store (major UK SUpermarket) had problems with the way they stored passwords, so I went into my account and changed my password to "mickeymousepassword"

Haha! Oh the strange passwords we come up with... But when you think about it, the passwords that are soo odd are oftern the most effective. Anyone who actually knows you wouldn't even consider it lol (This is from experience with my siblings hacking each others facebook)

edited December 1969

Yes, I know what you mean. THe guy who hosts my site set me up with a temp password, which is just so me, and yet so unusual that I haven't bothered to change it. After all If I can't trust him not to hack the site who could I trust, :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

It wouldn't suprise me if the host had the full access any way... But that said I'm sure he wouldn't be doing such a thing ;-P

edited December 1969

Yup, he does have full access. Has even promised to burn a back up of the whole site to DVD and send it to me. He's a great guy, and very generous. He also hosts the Galleries for our freebie challenge, over in the freepository. All hosted on his own Company servers.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Hey...

Hey, listen.

This is important. You gotta believe me, it is important.

Last night Summer got mugged by Autumn.

No, don't laugh and leave! Listen!

You know how I like to sleep with my balcony door open, yeah? How I start doing that as soon as temperature is a bit above freezing, and close it only when it dips back to those low temperatures. How I love to breathe in fresh air and let the quiet sounds of my neighborhood drift into my dreams.

Yeah. That's how I noticed it.

When I went to bed, it was, I don't know -- late Summer? The air still held promise of warm days to come, sunlight, harvest of fields, and all that.

But when I woke up, it was Autumn lurking by Summer's clobbered body, holding a baseball bat, and smoking something that had the smell of burnt leaves. Her hair and clothes were in every shade of red, yellow and orange, and she was boldly chilling there like some kind of punk kid who is proud of what she's done.

All the sounds were muted and distant; the air felt different, it smelled different, and it was uniformly grey. Birds had fallen silent: I could no longer hear the territorial declarations in the morning, nor the sound of swallows rushing back and forth to bring insects to their offspring. The sound of skree-skree-skree-thud-skree-skree-skree-thud as they flew to nests under the roof outside of my window. The only birds I could hear were loud magpies and that's when Autumn looked at me.

"Dontcha wanna go with the birds? Fly with them, as far away as ya can? Aren't ya getting a weebit old already?" I felt chill in my bones, as the damp air filled my bedroom, and not even hiding under the covers could spare me from the ravages of almost four decades; some people are supposedly still at their prime in this age, but here, it is when people begin to wither, inside and outside.

I could hear her jeering at me no matter how I tried to shield myself with a thick blanket, and I can't say she was wrong. Because every bit of me wants to move southward, follow the cranes, geese and mallards as they sense her approach and git goin' while goin' is good. The days are already shorter, and waning in intensity of light. Looking out of the window, I can see her littering the trees with red, yellow and orange leaves.

I miss the yellow hair of Summer, the color of ripening oats; the deep green of her dress (as opposed to hopeful, pale green of her other sister's, Spring), the deep blue eyes, the color of our summer sky, and paleness of nights where twilight goes on and on.

But boy, is Autumn in for a surprise in couple of months. 'Cause I see the third sister lurking, eyes narrowed like a feral beast, hands and mouth full of sharp icicles, and ready to rend into the arrogant upstart.

So, yeah. This is important. Summer was mugged by Autumn. And now you know.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

Skikiri, that is beautiful :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

I agree. That is a super bit of phrose, so descriptive.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

That's the password I need. Really I need something for my bank account. I tend to transpose the account numbers which obviously is a valid account, but someone else's. Then I proceed to put in my password and voila! after 3 tries I've got them locked out of their account. And I'm sitting here cussing because I can't get into MY account.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    chohole said:

That's the password I need. Really I need something for my bank account. I tend to transpose the account numbers which obviously is a valid account, but someone else's. Then I proceed to put in my password and voila! after 3 tries I've got them locked out of their account. And I'm sitting here cussing because I can't get into MY account.
    lol! do not give trolls ideas!! :vampire:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    AtticAnne said:

If you ever figure it out, let me know.This is as far as I have got. I doubt it will help much. Sit and shiver in chilly poorly heated home, keep away from drafty old windows that are letting all the heat out, pay electric bill and buy food. I'm not frozen solid because I have some heat and my belly is full. That's as far as it goes so far, sorry.

If there are cracks around your windows, stuff mismatched, one-of-a-kind socks in them. Hang beach towels or quilts over the windows and doors.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

I hate our bank. They make us change our password every three months. You aren't allowed to use any passwords over again either. SO you have to come up with something creative that you will remember every three months.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hardware, if you need anything. Tool, Bath Tub, Door, heck anything those folks have it in that place. Need a left handed Whatzit? Just ask, they'll find one.

Hey, I don't have one of those. I better run in and get a couple so I'll have still have one when I lose the first one. And I'll pick up some mums to plant in the front flower bed. And take a look at the Halloween decorations. Oh, yeah, better get some food for the birds and squirrels. And some of those dragonfly thingies to hold orchids to the bamboo sticks--they'll look nice clipped in my hair.

edited December 1969

How does the bank think I can remember my password when I can't even remember my account number?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

My bank uses User names so I do not have to memorize a long number sequence.

edited August 2012

my bank uses a dual sequence, it is apparerntly one of the safest banks for online accounts. I have to login using my surname and a 5 figure number, then I get sent to a 2nd screen where I have to type in a 12 figure number, and then they put up a drop down alpahbetical list and tell me to select , for example, the 3rd and 7th character of my password. I never resent the hassle, because after all it is my money. I doo admit to having the number sequences on a little card tucked away in a (hopefully) unlikely place.

Oh and the other thing I can do is apply for a little usb doohickey card reader, that I can place my card in and get it to generate an once only pin number, so when I shop online I can use it, to make sure that details cannot be hacked, because the nummber is random and only lasts for that one transaction.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2012

My job experience has made me the banker of the family. I'm in charge of three accounts, all managed online. It's fun juggling all the usernames and passwords. I have three accounts, my brother has two and my caretaker has two as well. I get to pay all the bills move all the money around and make sure everyone has money on their debit cards all month. All of this has to be kept in my head, and I'm sure you've noticed my head is full of leaky holes. That's STOOPID.

P.S. My sister said my new Avatar looks just like me. Never noticed. It needs a beard to really be me.
    And maybe less of a blue tan? And war paint?

Post edited by Jaderail on
This discussion has been closed.