Runtime speed issue and Saving work ing progress in DS Pro 4.5

DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Two questions -
One - When I access my old Poser Runtime folder, DS Pro 4.5 seems to be very, very slow at accessing the files compared to accessing My Library files. The Poser Runtime and DAZ Library folders are on the same drive. Is there any way through Content Management to speed this up?

Second- When I go save a file (now in the new .duf format) I cannot just hit Ctrl+S to Save the scene while I'm working on it. Studio seems to go to a Save As process everytime opening a window where I want to save the file then I have to select the already saved version that I'm working and resave. A lot of steps. Is there a setting that I'm missing that simply let me do a Ctrl+S?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Two step save is a safety feature, it was done so people would not write over a saved file unless they Really Meant to. It slowed me down also.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I haven't noticed any slowdown loading from an external Runtime. Where is the Poser runtime located (full path)? What filetypes are slow, and are those filetypes also slow under My Library? How many content folders do you have?

To avoid the two-step save, go to Edit > Preferences > General and enter some author information -- you don't need everything, but if it's blank you get the two-step save on anything. If you enter something, you only get the two-step save on files created by someone else.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice Info on the Two Step. I mess up enough that the Two Step is useful from time to time.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

To avoid the two-step save, go to Edit > Preferences > General and enter some author information -- you don't need everything, but if it's blank you get the two-step save on anything. If you enter something, you only get the two-step save on files created by someone else.

Is this confirmed as intended and actual behaviour new to D|S4.5? In all the time I've used D|S from v0.9-something through to the latest 4.0 build, whether or not I get the Save As has been apparently random. Freshly loaded D|S original scene, only-saved-once fresh conversion from a Poser model, made one change since the last save, or been working busily making changes (and sometimes reverting a few) for an hour or more. Doesn't matter, sometimes -S does just that, sometimes I get the Save As. If there's a pattern to it, I've never figured it out. And I've never bothered to put anything into Author Info.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

This is new in DS 4.5