Need help editing a .dsf file

Hi there! so I have outfit item that automatically hides some body parts (geografting) I have been trying for one week to stop that from happening but it does not seem to work for me, can anyone help me edit this, so it won't hide the body parts under it? cheers.

Comments

• The simplest method is to use the Geometry Editor to select a single polygon on the base figure that can be hidden with issue, then right-click>Geoemtry Assignment>Create AutoHide Group for fitted items, and select the clothing - that will then replace the existing hidden parts with just the single polygon you chose.

• Thank you so much for your reply, the only problem is that I need every single polygon to be visible, because I'm exporting this figure to another software and even if a single polygon is hidden it won't recognize it as G8M figure and do the automatic transformation. Is there any other way to have all the polygons visible? 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,811
    edited September 2023

There's no way to completely remove wearable's Auto-Hide from a product within DS... Since you mentioned dsf file, you must've known where the geometry dsf file of that outfit locates in data folder.

Open the dsf file with Notpad++ / EmEditor etc, search 'graft', and delete the codes within the brackets, as below -: (remember to back up the dsf file beforehand...)

Ps: If *dsf file is compressed, use Batch Converter to uncompress it -: Windows - Panes (Tabs) - Batch Converter...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • edited September 2023

Thank you for the detailed info crosswind now I know it's not really possible without editing the .dsf file. I just searched my .dsf file but couldn't find any sections with the word "graft", it is possible that some clothing items don't include that section and still do geografting? Hope it's not against the rules, but I upload the .dsf in question, so maybe you check it out as well and let me know if there's anything I can do.

Post edited by vakhtangabzianidze on
    edited September 2023

vakhtangabzianidze said:

Thank you for the detailed info crosswind now I know it's not really possible without editing the .dsf file. I just searched my .dsf file but couldn't find any sections with the word "graft", it is possible that some clothing items don't include that section and still do geografting? Hope it's not against the rules, but I upload the .dsf in question, so maybe you check it out as well and let me know if there's anything I can do.

This is a morph dsf file of Woody... you should've searched for the geometry dsf file of his Outfit which uses Auto-Hide...

• crosswind said:

vakhtangabzianidze said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vOdMSSGnyU1skLFJvqJ04jjAUKmgZcwv/view?usp=sharing

This is a morph dsf file of Woody... you should've searched for the geometry dsf file of his Outfit which uses Auto-Hide...

It is! the only file I can find that is related to his outfit is a .duf file, there isn't any other dsf file at all! I uncompressed and searched the .duf file as well but still there wasn't any sections with the word "graft"

Any ideas on how can I disable the auto hide for the outfit?

edited September 2023

Hmm... I don't have this product. If you're sure that there's no other dsf files, mayby the outfit does not use auto-hide. You may simply test:  hide the outfit, Fit it to 'None', if the hidden body parts show, that's an Auto-Hide, if not, it may be something else. Or you can contact 3DUK to get the answer.

Ps: Yes, as below mentioned, you may open outfit duf file, search ' dsf ' in it... or open product zip file, expand data folder to further check...

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,171

If you look at that .duf fie, it should include the name of the .dsf file for the clothing item that it loads, so then you should be able to find it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226

Do not upload Daz assets (dsf file) to file sharing sites. That is a violation of EULA. I'm sure becoming a software pirate was not your intent, so I suggest you take down the file.

• I already took the dsf file down, sorry about that, but still no success with my problem. here is the picture of my figure with the outfit on

and when hide the outfit this is what I get

I have to say, there's only one duf file related to the outfit and when I uncompressed that file and open it with a text editor, there's only one line with word "graft" in it

Any ideas? Thank you.

edited September 2023

Apparently there's no auto-hide graft in this duf file.... expand the figure to check if the subnodes are hidden by those 'Eye Icons'....

• That was it! They were hidden by the eye icons! I had no idea that was possible, but to recap and for anybody else that might have this problem, apparently there are some clothing items that automatically hide the part parts not by geografting but with just hiding them in the subnodes. So instead of editing the .dsf or .duf files you just have find the body part in the subnodes and click the unhide button for each part. Thank you to everybody that helped me figure this out, especially crosswind, you're a hero! Cheers.