V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female.....

Comments

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

somefunok said:
    I know this is probably a really stupid question but what' the difference between this and the V4 Skins Auto Converter?

That version let's you load ONE .ds, .dsb or .pz2 file onto Genesis 2 Female. It also does not save the .duf file for you.

Where this will BATCH convert a lot of files at one time, placing new .duf file formats where you want them for later use. And if you select a whole folder... It will convert all the material presets in that folder and it's subfolders... While maintaining the folder structure to where you want the new .duf files saved to... Takes the tediousness out of converting the files.

this did not work for me..I converted VYK Ellie which had 3 subfolders Morphs, Standard, and Poser SSS. when I selected the VYK Ellie folder under files to convert it chose all files including INJ and REM from the morph folder so I deleted those from the list. Now the list just contained only the files from the standard and poser sss folders, so I hit convert files. The program only converted the Poser SSS files and not the files in the standard folder even when I tried deleted all files except the standard pz2's. Is this how it's supposed to work? is it converting the correct files?

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    somefunok said:
    I know this is probably a really stupid question but what' the difference between this and the V4 Skins Auto Converter?

That version let's you load ONE .ds, .dsb or .pz2 file onto Genesis 2 Female. It also does not save the .duf file for you.

Where this will BATCH convert a lot of files at one time, placing new .duf file formats where you want them for later use. And if you select a whole folder... It will convert all the material presets in that folder and it's subfolders... While maintaining the folder structure to where you want the new .duf files saved to... Takes the tediousness out of converting the files.

this did not work for me..I converted VYK Ellie which had 3 subfolders Morphs, Standard, and Poser SSS. when I selected the VYK Ellie folder under files to convert it chose all files including INJ and REM from the morph folder so I deleted those from the list. Now the list just contained only the files from the standard and poser sss folders, so I hit convert files. The program only converted the Poser SSS files and not the files in the standard folder even when I tried deleted all files except the standard pz2's. Is this how it's supposed to work? is it converting the correct files?

You don't need to delete anything... The script will convert what it is able to convert... Since I don't have VYK Ellie, I don't know what are in those folders.

edited December 1969

I have it all working now, and discovered that I don't have to rename folders as some have mentioned because of memory issues. Just select a folder where you want the files to go, then navigate to a subfolder to convert, or just choose material files a few at a time, and the program will add the subfolders as necessary to save where you want them. This is an awesome program, thanks Draagonstorm!!!

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I have it all working now, and discovered that I don't have to rename folders as some have mentioned because of memory issues. Just select a folder where you want the files to go, then navigate to a subfolder to convert, or just choose material files a few at a time, and the program will add the subfolders as necessary to save where you want them. This is an awesome program, thanks Draagonstorm!!!

Glad to hear it!

edited December 1969

I have a question about tranferring textures for V3 or A3....I have tranferred some to V4 using Texture Converter so last night I tried then to tranfer these over to G2.. the textures worked fine except for the eyes, they were just white circles and you could then just add any eye texture from other G2 characters. I was just curious if anyone knows why the eye texture wouldn't transfer over as it was fine going from A3/V3 to A4/V4

• mgessat_f159911d19mgessat_f159911d19 Posts: 81
    edited February 2015

I must admit i am not very happy with the script - it runs unbelievably slow on my system. Ok, the computer is not state-of-the-art; Quad-Core Q6600 / 2.4GHZ, 8 GB Memory, Radeon HD7900, Windows 7 64, operating system and DAZ installation on SSDs - but i guess the main problem is the memory leak because the single steps of the script take more time the longer it runs. (f.e. "Clearing the Scene" takes ten minutes or longer now...)

While i am writing this the script is running lets say for four hours and has not even converted half of the files (and i selected just the SSS MATS...) for one v4 figure. In the meantime the pagefile.sys (which was 8 GB when starting) has expanded up to 17,4 GB. The CPU usage is low (9-15%), but the "free memory" is zero - and so the complete system is pretty knocked out

Perhaps it maybe useful to convert one figure during the night while i am sleeping - but in all other cases i would be much faster converting "by hand".

Are there other people with the same problem or is there something wrong with my system/installation?

Post edited by mgessat_f159911d19 on
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

I opened a thread about this problem but still haven't found an answer so thought I'd try here. Does anyone know how to save a Genesis custom skin that uses the V4 UV to a format that the V4 to G2M script can read? I've tried saving to .dsa but I must be doing some thing wrong because the .dsa file doesn't produce anything when I run it through the script.

I created this skin using FaceGen which produces skins as .jpg's that can be loaded onto a Genesis figure. The problem is that these .jpgs don't work with the script so I need to convert them to a format the script can read. DUF doesn't work.

I've tried loading the skins directly onto G2F but this doesn't work probably because they use the V4 UV. I'm trying to find a way to convert this skin so that I can use it on G2F. Any help appreciated!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    I opened a thread about this problem but still haven't found an answer so thought I'd try here. Does anyone know how to save a Genesis custom skin that uses the V4 UV to a format that the V4 to G2M script can read? I've tried saving to .dsa but I must be doing some thing wrong because the .dsa file doesn't produce anything when I run it through the script.

I created this skin using FaceGen which produces skins as .jpg's that can be loaded onto a Genesis figure. The problem is that these .jpgs don't work with the script so I need to convert them to a format the script can read. DUF doesn't work.

I've tried loading the skins directly onto G2F but this doesn't work probably because they use the V4 UV. I'm trying to find a way to convert this skin so that I can use it on G2F. Any help appreciated!

See my reply in the other thread. You do not need the batch converter to achieve what you want. The batch convertor is just a time saver when converting multiple V4 material presets, everything it does can be done manually inside Daz Studio.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    Since no one else has posted about it, be extremely careful in how you use this product.

Make sure that you only convert a small number of files at a time. I would say no more than a dozen individual items depending on your RAM.

Then make sure you shut DS down and reboot before attempting to convert any other files.

There is a memory leak incurred in the process that will quickly run through your available RAM and then start hitting the page file. That will in turn begin a serious Hard Fault situation with your hard drives.

This isn't a problem for short term processes, but it can be if left on going for a long period of time.

Before I go ahead and purchase this again... Has this issue been addressed? Or is it still a problem?

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144
    edited December 1969

Not sure whether my problem was already discussed.

The Converter runs smoothly through the MAT Elite folder (including .ds and .ds.png files).

But when I try it on Vanessa V4 (the folder contains .dsb and .png files) nothing happens.

The documentation says that .dsb.png needs to be converted to .png. Well in my case the thumbnails are .png but what do I have to do with the .dsb files which contain the data?

Thanks for any suggestions!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Marty01 said:
    Not sure whether my problem was already discussed.

The Converter runs smoothly through the MAT Elite folder (including .ds and .ds.png files).

But when I try it on Vanessa V4 (the folder contains .dsb and .png files) nothing happens.

The documentation says that .dsb.png needs to be converted to .png. Well in my case the thumbnails are .png but what do I have to do with the .dsb files which contain the data?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Quoting from somewhere in this thread:

The easy solution to anyone with the same problem. Use Studio Batch converter to convert the .dsb to .dsa before run the Batch Converter

1) In Studio go to Window>Panes (Tabs)>Batch Convert
    2) In the pane select the file or directory which contains any .dsb files, which are encrypted DAZ Script files.
    3) Check Convert DS[A] to DSB and DSB to DSA
    4) Click Apply
    5) All .dsb files will be converted to .dsa

• Tried to convert a V4 skin but I'm getting ear problems - any idea what is happening? I checked the uv to make sure it is V4 - thanks in advance for any help!

2016-01-04.jpg
    1920 x 1002 - 131K
  • Wild guess, and only a guess. Tho I suspect you know what your doing looking at the screen-cap.  V4 skins batch thing, uses a V4 UV map for G2F (I know obvious, however), I'm not sure that would work for maps that are not V4 in origin (Like Aiko4 or M4). I don't even know if that would work at all, or if that is anywhere close to what your trying to do.

May I ask, Whom is the source map from (Figures' name)?

You and DraagonStorm probably know this stuff much better then me.

• Tried to convert a V4 skin but I'm getting ear problems - any idea what is happening? I checked the uv to make sure it is V4 - thanks in advance for any help!

Use this to fix that issue: http://www.sharecg.com/v/77722/view/8/Script/G2-Ear-Fix-for-V4-and-M4-Skins-Auto-Converter

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

RAMWolff said:

DraagonStorm said:

Just checked the download files, and you are correct. DAZ did not include the User's Guides I sent... Oh well...

Here's links to them in dropbox.

Batch Convert V4 to Genesis 2 Female.pdf

Batch Convert M4 to Genesis 2 Male.pdf

Dropbox errors hon! "Can't find what your looking for" notice

OK... Let's try this: User's Guides (Zipped)

Neither work, Can you put a working link in the ReadMe? Meanwhile, what IS a good link?   I haven't used this in awhile so starting from scratch to re-learn it, appreciate all the help you've been on the thread. 

• Novica said:

RAMWolff said:

DraagonStorm said:

Just checked the download files, and you are correct. DAZ did not include the User's Guides I sent... Oh well...

Here's links to them in dropbox.

Batch Convert V4 to Genesis 2 Female.pdf

Batch Convert M4 to Genesis 2 Male.pdf

Dropbox errors hon! "Can't find what your looking for" notice

OK... Let's try this: User's Guides (Zipped)

Neither work, Can you put a working link in the ReadMe? Meanwhile, what IS a good link?   I haven't used this in awhile so starting from scratch to re-learn it, appreciate all the help you've been on the thread. 

Try this one: http://www.draagonstorm.com/tempdl/BatchConvertGen4toGenesis2.zip

edited January 2016

I'll check that out, thank you!

BTW, after I put the V4 materials onto G2F, can I use the Iray Converter for Generation 4 on the Genesis 2 figure, since she is now wearing the V4 materials? 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

I'll check that out, thank you!

BTW, after I put the V4 materials onto G2F, can I use the Iray Converter for Generation 4 on the Genesis 2 figure, since she is now wearing the V4 materials? 

I don't think it works that way... I don't have Iray Converter for Generation 4, but I would assume it only works on a Generation 4 figure.

Thanks. I will try it once I use your script, and post it here. First questions though- starting from scratch- do I need to load G2F before I do any conversions, and do I apply the ear fix before or after I do conversions? Thanks for your patience.

Use this to fix that issue: http://www.sharecg.com/v/77722/view/8/Script/G2-Ear-Fix-for-V4-and-M4-Skins-Auto-Converter

Yowza! That did it - thanks so much!

• The Batch converter doesn't need the ear fix, that's for the Auto Converter( http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-female-s ). The script will load Genesis 2 Female for you. In fact it clears out anything you have in the scene.

Okay, got it. And yep, it clears the scene every time (Doing 4 gals.) 

If the files are mc6, what do I do? Do I load them on V4 and save as a material preset then direct the script there?

• Novica said:

If the files are mc6, what do I do? Do I load them on V4 and save as a material preset then direct the script there?

Yes.

I've spent WAAAAY too much time trying to figure this out, so going to ask what I'm doing wrong. I've read the six pages of this thread twice and  not seeing this problem. I'm trying Abby by ArtCollab and it's Content>runtie>textures>artcollab and the only thing there are jpgs. I saved as pngs into that same folder. When I go to that directory and folder from the Converter, it looks like it's empty (but I select it anyway, and sure enough, nothing shows up in the converter.) 

But when I approach that directory/folder from my task bar, the folder shows both the file types and the images. I restarted the studio and it made no difference. So what's going on? And can this script do pngs that were saved as from jpgs? But even if that is no, the images/folder contents should at least show up! (And yes, I've opened/closed it several times. No go.) Very puzzled.

edited January 2016

And I can't find Abby in Content Library either. I have reloaded her several times using DIM, it shows me where the files are installed (and indeed, they are there, did an uninstall/install again) but I'm not finding her. In Products, only Abby for Genesis shows up. She's not worth this much trouble, but now I am really annoyed.I've checked both the Poser and Daz sections, clicking every thing, and every sub menu. She'd be under Art Collab but I checked Abby too. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,933
    Novica said:

it's Content>runtie>textures>artcollab and the only thing there are jpgs. 

Those are the texture files themselves. You need to point the converter to the directory where you have the .pz2 MAT poses files ( Runtime > Libraries > Pose > ART_AbbyGV4 according to the readme).

You have 2 installers for Abby, one for the Genesis version and one for the V4 version. From what you describe I would say that you have only the Genesis version installed. The V4 version might have been tagged as Poser only in DIM?

edited January 2016

Hey Leana,

I already had Poser checked in the DIM downloads, I installed the V4 version already several times (and uninstalled it) and it is not in the path specified above. I have other ART_ ones, but Abby keeps playing hide and seek and she's winning! I'll try uninstalling and installing one more time, then I'm givin up. I have Genesis so don't need her. But aggravating. I've done about twelve other characters without problem, I use the DIM and see the file paths, no problems. This one, doesn't show up where she's supposed to be. Thanks for the assistance though!

abby problem.jpg
    800 x 551 - 134K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

They should be in Runtime:Libraries:Pose:ART_AbbyGV4

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited February 2016

I haven't read the full thread, so apologies if this was already asked, but is it safe to save the converted materials to a library that's different from the source materials? For instance, I have a completely separate library for my Generation 4 people, and would like to save the converted presets into my main Daz Studio library where all of my Genesis content is. Both libraries are mapped, so I'm assuming it wouldn't cause issue with finding the texture files in the source library.

So far what I have done has worked beautifully and I'm kicking myself for not buying this sooner. lol

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on