Having problems creating a character....

So I've made a character for Genesis in Daz4 using the various morphs sliders, many of which I had to turn the limits off, and I'd like to save it as some form of preset. The various "save as morph/shape/character preset" don't work for me because in the best case scenario all the morphs get clipped at the limits, so I would need to first disable them and then apply the preset, but they're just too many to make this procedure applicable.

Yesterday I found out a tutorial, thanks to Szark, that explains how to make a morph target by using an external program. The procedure is to export an obj file, morph it in the external program and then load it back in daz studio with morph loader pro.
I thought I could just use this just skipping the external program part, as all the modifications to the shape are done in daz studio. So I followed the steps but when I import the obj I get the "Geometry not compatible" error, or something of the sort. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there some other way to do this? Like, something to put all the limits off for Genesis? I've taken a look at the dsf structure, I think that it wouldn't be that hard to batch modify them to set all the limits off, but I don't like that kind of solution and I also think it may be dangerous...

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Make sure you are exporting the OBJ at base resolution - normally it is subdivided to a higher resolution - the setting is in the Parameters pane, Mesh Resolution group. However, you should remember that many morphs trigger other morphs, or changes in the joint centres in some cases, and those won't be captured if you export as OBJ and reload as morph. Also remember that morphs made this way can't be shared with others.

• edited December 1969

Make sure you are exporting the OBJ at base resolution - normally it is subdivided to a higher resolution - the setting is in the Parameters pane, Mesh Resolution group. However, you should remember that many morphs trigger other morphs, or changes in the joint centres in some cases, and those won't be captured if you export as OBJ and reload as morph. Also remember that morphs made this way can't be shared with others.

I suppose that's the case, even at base resolution the message about geometries shows up, and I can't make a new morph. Is there really no other way to do this?
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

No other way to do what? If the no SubD mesh is exported, what is the polygon count in the modelling application?

• edited December 1969

No other way to do what? If the no SubD mesh is exported, what is the polygon count in the modelling application?

As I was importing the mesh in the modeling program (I never had to do it before, as I simply had to export and re-import) I found out that I've made the dumbest mistake: I left the hair on, so that the geometry of the whole figure was not the same of genesis...
    Thanks for bearing with my dumbness, I've finally managed to save the morph!
  • edited December 1969

Could you share how you were able to save the morph? I have been using morph loader pro to create the morph, but so far I have not been able to save it as just a Inject/Remove morph file