Look up or down without moving eyelids

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Could someone remind me how to disable the JCMs (or whatever they are) that naturally move the eyelids on M4 or V4 when making the figure look up or down? I need to have a character looking down but not have the eyelids close as they do so.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Try this, I selected the head and Locked the Eyelids before I added the Eyes Up Down dial. Select the little COG and or the Lock on the Dial.

This was DS4.5Pro. By the way.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

How do you lock the Eyelids, they're not a body part? ;) Also, my figure is already made with all morphs, so I can't do anything "before" adding any morphs, sorry.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

You could try this, in the scene tab expand the head and select the right and left eye nodes. Then in the Parameters pane adjust the Up-Down or Side-Side as needed.

Since this is direct movement of the node bones the morphs that are slaved to the Eye Up-Down pose control should not be applied when you move the eyes.

I have used this method many times with M4 and V4 eyes just for those occasions when you don't want the eyelids to move.

Hope this helps... :)