DAZ Studio Pro 4.8.0.59, General Release, Now Available! [*UPDATED*]

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

marble said:
    Ebru said:
    http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-daz-studio-light-bundle do not work in 3 Delight Render! :(

They were released long before IRay was available, so they are for 3Delight.

I think Ebru was saying that they don't work in 3Delight.

I realised that, I was pointing out that they ARE designed for 3Delight, not IRay, and should work without a problem.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

HoMart said:
    marble said:
    Rogerbee said:

If reinstalling doesn't work, try downloading them again, it's possible there was an update.

CHEERS!

How do I force a download? I have uninstalled them but they just appear in my Ready to Install tab.

move the .zip out of your download path and retry

Thanks - that does force it. I had to close and re-open DIM though.

edited December 1969

HoMart said:
    marble said:
    Rogerbee said:

If reinstalling doesn't work, try downloading them again, it's possible there was an update.

CHEERS!

How do I force a download? I have uninstalled them but they just appear in my Ready to Install tab.

move the .zip out of your download path and retry

If the item is in the Ready to Install tab, right click on it , and select Delete Package, that should force it to appear in your Ready to Download tab again.

edited December 1969

If the item is in the Ready to Install tab, right click on it , and select Delete Package, that should force it to appear in your Ready to Download tab again.

Oh thanks - I didn't realise that. I went to the download folder and moved the product files out.

Haven't had chance to try them yet though.

edited May 2015

Spit said:
    To whomever has installed some of the new iRay shaders where are they going? Do they land in the iray folder in Shader Presets or are they all mixed up with the 3Delight stuff?

They are in the Shader Presets folder, as you guessed. Can't find any lights though - have the default DAZ lights been replaced by Iray lights now that Iray is the default renderer?

[EDIT]

Ok - I see what they have done. There is a switch for Photometrics in the Light settings. I guess if you switch that off you are back to the original DAZ defaults?

Post edited by marble on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited May 2015

marble said:
    Spit said:
    To whomever has installed some of the new iRay shaders where are they going? Do they land in the iray folder in Shader Presets or are they all mixed up with the 3Delight stuff?

They are in the Shader Presets folder, as you guessed. Can't find any lights though - have the default DAZ lights been replaced by Iray lights now that Iray is the default renderer?

Ugh. Thanks for checking.

With the lights, they're consolidated. What parameters you're given to use depends on which renderer is the active one.

(1 edit b/c I forgot to be polite. ;)

Post edited by Spit on
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    marble said:
    Spit said:

Ugh. Thanks for checking.

With the lights, they're consolidated. What parameters you're given to use depends on which renderer is the active one.

(1 edit b/c I forgot to be polite. ;)

Thanks back at you :) I see what you mean - switching the renderer from Iray to 3Delight does change the options in the Lights panel.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Yes, you're correct. That's where they went.

Regarding AoA lights, it's always best to try reinstalling or re-downloading if they don't work first time. Not that I use them much now, but, I'd like to know if they work too.

CHEERS!

• SisterofDarknessSisterofDarkness Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Can someone point me in the direction where "Cast Shadows on/off" has moved to which used to be in the Parameters panel?

Either it has vanished or it is hiding somewhere, but I just can't find it.

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Ebru said:
    http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-daz-studio-light-bundle do not work in 3 Delight Render! :(

Try reinstalling them.

CHEERS!

:) It is working again! Thank you!

edited December 1969

Can someone point me in the direction where "Cast Shadows on/off" has moved to which used to be in the Parameters panel?

It's still there in Parameters > Display > Rendering, is that what you mean?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Your render engine in Render Settings is set to iRay for which Cast Shadows is redundant. Anything you see in an iRay scene will cast shadows just as it would in 'real life'.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
    edited December 1969

When you make a camera, it asks if you want to set the camera to the same position as the view you currently have.

... That's really handy, thanks!

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Ebru said:
    Rogerbee said:
    Ebru said:

Try reinstalling them.

CHEERS!

:) It is working again! Thank you!

Is that after reinstalling them?

CHEERS!

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

When you are in the parameters tab, at the top of the parameters pane where the three lines are, click on that and check show hidden properties. Once you do that the shadows on and off option appears.

• SisterofDarknessSisterofDarkness Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

Your render engine in Render Settings is set to iRay for which Cast Shadows is redundant. Anything you see in an iRay scene will cast shadows just as it would in 'real life'.

Ah! That makes it clear. I am still finding my way around Iray.

The reason I was asking was I wanted to keep the skydome provided in the set which, of course, would have turned the scene into total blackness.

Thanks everyone for helping and clearing this up :-)

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know if the DAZ Studio/Bryce 7 Bridge is working correctly? It is this that has me hesitating to install yet, as I use this a lot, and 4.7 works well with it.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited May 2015

Does anybody know if the DAZ Studio/Bryce 7 Bridge is working correctly? It is this that has me hesitating to install yet, as I use this a lot, and 4.7 works well with it.
    There is a problem with the bridge transferring things across. You can still use the Obj export method though.

I will have that added to the known issues list.

Edited to add, NVM, it is in the known issues list at the beginning of the thread.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

The reason I was asking was I wanted to keep the skydome provided in the set which, of course, would have turned the scene into total blackness.

With some tweaking you can use the Skydome as an emitter and keep using it. :) That is what I did in the attached image.

You can also use a section plane or several, if you don't have lots of reflective surfaces that require the skydome in place, to cut away the parts of the dome that are not part of the render.

JudgeTrandoshan.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited May 2015

Weird glitch here. In the viewport when I get really close to characters everything goes dark like if one had a distant light pointing the wrong way. Even with the preview lights off. 3DL was selected in the render settings. I re installed 4.7 and all is well again..

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Digital TouchDigital Touch Posts: 187
    edited December 1969

I feel that 3Delight has been improved or it's just me?
    Before, with same scene on 4.7, it took me 3 minutes and now on 4.8 only 1 minute render time using 3Delight.

edited December 1969

Before, with same scene on 4.7, it took me 3 minutes and now on 4.8 only 1 minute render time using 3Delight.
    New Build of 3Delight in 4.8
    edited December 1969

Tell us more - does that just affect speed or are the more improvements?

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited May 2015

Spit said:

With some tweaking you can use the Skydome as an emitter and keep using it. :) That is what I did in the attached image.

You can also use a section plane or several, if you don't have lots of reflective surfaces that require the skydome in place, to cut away the parts of the dome that are not part of the render.

Another slightly less technically impressive approach is to just hide everything but the skydome and your camera in a scene, apply the emissive shader to the skydome and adjust to get the right light levels, then render it and use the resulting image as a Backdrop when you bring everything else back into the scene and hide the skydome.

That way you can use the full sun-sky environment settings, but have the illusion that the skydome is in place still.

Post edited by tl155180 on
    edited December 1969

marble said:

Tell us more - does that just affect speed or are the more improvements?Speed, some progressive render improvements and bug fixes.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...yeah, even in the Beta releases it seemed to render faster than in 4.7. May have to revisit 3DL when I get everything installed.

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 514
    edited December 1969

I see that the Iray shaders have now been placed in various categories (Glass, metal etc). Although that may appear a good idea, I think it may cause some issue, as the Iray "Daz uber shaders" and "NVidia MDL Examples" have been mixed together. Either/both can be used in a scene, but when editing the shader parameters, the format is different, and may lead to confusion.

• MoussoMousso Posts: 237
    edited December 1969

Congratz to the Daz team! I just tried out 4.8 and I'm very impressed. I'm still bumbling around with the iray shaders/settings but it renders FAST.
    This took 20 minutes Oo Its default everything as I dont have a clue yet what to do.

gen2.png
    831 x 916 - 786K
    edited December 1969

A very nice render medeia, a great one for a first try, well done.

• JCThomasJCThomas Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

Hi there,

Long time user, first time poster.

Anyone having success with Age of Armor advanced lights with 3Delight in 4.8? Textures are rendering black for, be it prop or figure, AOA shader or not.