DAZ Studio Pro 4.8.0.59, General Release, Now Available! [*UPDATED*]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    RAMWolff, do those lights also include some sort of render settings? What sort of tone mapping settings are they using and so forth?

Hi, Sorry, I was making a better copy of the PDF that was offered on the page that Spooky posted for me.. all the links are borked, mine are not. I'd gladly offer it to DAZ to upload in it's place if they want it..... Seems silly to export a PDF with inactive links if the text is formatted with a link placeholder for each bit of text that offers a link to more info. Took me about an hour but much happier.

So my understanding of this product : http://www.daz3d.com/inaneglory-s-photo-studio-point-and-shoot-iray you load and render, that's what I was hoping for anyway. I never investigated if there was more work to do on the settings.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up Rob. Man, there are some hefty files there! lol

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    Updated Starter Essentials packages should now be available.

Drat, and I just downloaded the Starter Essentials last night and installed this afternoon. What's the difference in this new update?

Is that all the new Iray content now showing as ready for download, then?

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Another Update, are you following the iTunes Update frequency?, this new version I will render boobs faster than Beta?

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Khory said:
    RAMWolff, do those lights also include some sort of render settings? What sort of tone mapping settings are they using and so forth?

Hi, Sorry, I was making a better copy of the PDF that was offered on the page that Spooky posted for me.. all the links are borked, mine are not. I'd gladly offer it to DAZ to upload in it's place if they want it..... Seems silly to export a PDF with inactive links if the text is formatted with a link placeholder for each bit of text that offers a link to more info. Took me about an hour but much happier.

So my understanding of this product : http://www.daz3d.com/inaneglory-s-photo-studio-point-and-shoot-iray you load and render, that's what I was hoping for anyway. I never investigated if there was more work to do on the settings.

Something isn't right and unless you got a corrupted download I'm willing to bet the problem isn't my lights.

1st things 1st. Get off that Nvidia Iray preview window and go back to texture shaded view until you have your scene ready to render. Having it render you a preview every time you adjust something isn't going to help anyone's sanity. 2nd, lets walk before we run. Make sure you have the Render Settings/Environment/Environment Mode is set to Scene Only so we're only getting light from the Point and Shoot set. And finally, to troubleshoot where the issue is, don't use a custom homemade shader. Use the DS default and see how that renders.

Oh yes, and make sure everything on the Render Settings/Tone Mapping tab is set to it's default.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

have they thought of a Cancel button when the application hangs?
    can't even close the process with the close window button...

Captura.JPG
    756 x 419 - 48K
    edited May 2015

RAMWolff said:
    Khory said:

Something isn't right and unless you got a corrupted download I'm willing to bet the problem isn't my lights.

1st things 1st. Get off that Nvidia Iray preview window and go back to texture shaded view until you have your scene ready to render. Having it render you a preview every time you adjust something isn't going to help anyone's sanity. 2nd, lets walk before we run. Make sure you have the Render Settings/Environment/Environment Mode is set to Scene Only so we're only getting light from the Point and Shoot set. And finally, to troubleshoot where the issue is, don't use a custom homemade shader. Use the DS default and see how that renders.

Oh yes, and make sure everything on the Render Settings/Tone Mapping tab is set to it's default.

Glad you popped in. I didn't have the Render Settings set to Scene Only. Cool. It's not rendering black.

There is one issue I'm experiencing now... the render hangs at 88%.. Tried 3 times... just stops. Not producing any errors but just can't get past what ever point it's stuck at..... :-(

Oh and your lights are not showing up where I expect them in the Smart Content pane under iRay.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:
    Khory said:

Glad you popped in. I didn't have the Render Settings set to Scene Only. Cool. It's not rendering black.

Oh and your lights are not showing up where I expect them in the Smart Content pane under iRay.

Glad you got things working. Really is best to use folder view instead of smart content with these lights. It's just easier that way. Any other questions, let me know.

edited December 1969

Updated my post above... there is an issue that I've not experienced yet. Still trouble shooting but I really don't know enough about iRay to trouble shoot effectively!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
    edited December 1969

Oh, btw, to folks new to Iray...

If you have high quality textures, you may want to go into Render Settings > Advanced.

As far as I understand it, Iray will essentially downsample textures to those values if you let it.

(Someone who knows this better should come in and correct me if necessary. :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you have high quality textures, you may want to go into Render Settings > Advanced.

As far as I understand it, Iray will essentially downsample textures to those values if you let it.

Yes it will.

And if you have a bunch of 4K or even bigger textures don't expect to get very much on a 4 GB video card (anything smaller and it will drop out even quicker). Iray basically uses 3 BYTES per PIXEL for images...so EACH 4096 x 4096 image eats up 50 MB!!!

Now think about that...that's minimally 3 images for the body (just diffuse), 3 bump/displacement maps and 3 of any other control maps. This isn't counting inside the mouth or eyes...that's another 2 of each! So for one figure you can, without reducing the image size have several hundred to near 1 GB of memory just in image files for the textures. That setting is there for a reason...so use it wisely.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Am I right in thinking that the 'Default Lights and Shaders for Daz Studio 4.8+' is the Iray content now as well, or are we still waiting for that!? I also thought I was already done with the Starter Essentials, but, if you say they are new as well I shall go and get them again too. I do hope that whoever sent out word that 4.8 was ready, when it clearly wasn't, got their wrists well and truly slapped. It was like releasing a new Lamborghini and forgetting to put the wheels on!

CHEERS!

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Am I right in thinking that the 'Default Lights and Shaders for Daz Studio 4.8+' is the Iray content now as well, or are we still waiting for that!? I also thought I was already done with the Starter Essentials, but, if you say they are new as well I shall go and get them again too. I do hope that whoever sent out word that 4.8 was ready, when it clearly wasn't, got their wrists well and truly slapped. It was like releasing a new Lamborghini and forgetting to put the wheels on!

CHEERS!

AND missing a driver seat and steering weel ;)
    But it has lots of power ...

edited December 1969

Very true, and you don't just jump into a Lamborghini and bury your foot to the floor, you need to learn how to drive first.

CHEERS!

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited May 2015

Oh hang on - is this why all my landscape textures are coming out wrong in Iray then?

What would happen if I upped that value to 4096 on a GeForce 660 GTX card? Are we talking crash-city?

Edit: Oh, nope! Doesn't make the blindest bit of difference.... Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Post edited by tl155180 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

Ok - so now the lights and shaders have appeared in my DIM but a couple of things that were in the Beta release are still not there.

Dynamic Clothing Control

Photoshop 3D bridge

And what is the Public Beta Content? Is that the lights and shaders or are we waiting for the General Release version of that content?

Screen_Shot_2015-05-28_at_11.02_.03_.png
    939 x 679 - 196K
    edited December 1969

The Default Lights and Shaders for Daz Studio 4.8+ is all the Iray and DS shaders and lights. I've no idea what the Public Beta content is, but, the file size is 1kb so it isn't much. Just concentrate on 4.8 and not the Beta now.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

marble said:
    Ok - so now the lights and shaders have appeared in my DIM but a couple of things that were in the Beta release are still not there.

Dynamic Clothing Control

Photoshop 3D bridge

And what is the Public Beta Content? Is that the lights and shaders or are we waiting for the General Release version of that content?

Rob posted this one

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/827676/

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

The Default Lights and Shaders for Daz Studio 4.8+ is all the Iray and DS shaders and lights. I've no idea what the Public Beta content is, but, the file size is 1kb so it isn't much. Just concentrate on 4.8 and not the Beta now.

CHEERS!

Rob said that PUblic Beta content is a fix to the old installed iRay content in the beta to prepare for the new iRay content. That's assuming you're keeping the Beta around and thus installing the new shaders and lights will put them into both places.

(I ignored it when I found out and just went ahead and uninstalled the Beta. Then carried on with installing the shaders and lights and essentials which went into the main (non-beta) 4.8 version)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

To whomever has installed some of the new iRay shaders where are they going? Do they land in the iray folder in Shader Presets or are they all mixed up with the 3Delight stuff?

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

Rob said that PUblic Beta content is a fix to the old installed iRay content in the beta to prepare for the new iRay content. That's assuming you're keeping the Beta around and thus installing the new shaders and lights will put them into both places.

(I ignored it when I found out and just went ahead and uninstalled the Beta. Then carried on with installing the shaders and lights and essentials which went into the main (non-beta) 4.8 version)

I already uninstalled the beta before starting the download of the 4.8 upgrade. I don't need to confuse myself with two 4.8 versions ;)

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 180
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-daz-studio-light-bundle do not work in 3 Delight Render! :(

edited May 2015

Spit said:
    To whomever has installed some of the new iRay shaders where are they going? Do they land in the iray folder in Shader Presets or are they all mixed up with the 3Delight stuff?

Not installed them yet, I'll let you know when I do.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Ebru said:
    http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-daz-studio-light-bundle do not work in 3 Delight Render! :(

Try reinstalling them.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Ebru said:

Oh, please say it's not true! I use them all the time.

edited December 1969

If reinstalling doesn't work, try downloading them again, it's possible there was an update.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

If reinstalling doesn't work, try downloading them again, it's possible there was an update.

CHEERS!

How do I force a download? I have uninstalled them but they just appear in my Ready to Install tab.

edited December 1969

marble said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

How do I force a download? I have uninstalled them but they just appear in my Ready to Install tab.

move the .zip out of your download path and retry

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Ebru said:

They were released long before IRay was available, so they are for 3Delight.
    edited December 1969

Ebru said:

They were released long before IRay was available, so they are for 3Delight.

I think Ebru was saying that they don't work in 3Delight.