DAZ Studio Pro 4.8.0.59, General Release, Now Available! [*UPDATED*]

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK opened the DIM and I see two installers for 4.8 under Product Updates, one for what I guess is the General Release (.0.55), and another which is a public Build Beta+. Both have the same Package Date (05/16/15) but the "Beta" has a more recent time stamp than the General release. A bit confused here.

Also do not see the updated Iray content yet.

They are currently the same, and will be that way until the next Public Beta.
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790
    edited December 1969

Allright got the morphs back. It was the new installed genesis2Female. Since it has been said, that the G2 essentials have been updated, I've set my start up scene to the new Genesis2F in order to benefit from any kind of update. She didn't seem to load my assets. Once I made shure, that all characters are refering to the previous G2F, the assets are back. Good to have those back, but it is still weird.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited May 2015

Morning!

I trust you'll be updating us on progress, well, after you've let breakfast settle that is!

Don't worry though, we can wait.....

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Allright got the morphs back. It was the new installed genesis2Female. Since it has been said, that the G2 essentials have been updated, I've set my start up scene to the new Genesis2F in order to benefit from any kind of update. She didn't seem to load my assets. Once I made shure, that all characters are refering to the previous G2F, the assets are back. Good to have those back, but it is still weird.

That shouldn't have made any difference - are you sure you didn't have to add a content directory to the list as well?

edited December 1969

ed3D said:
    _and DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 - DOESNT send to Bryce 7 Pro_``~...
    Please file a support ticket with what you are seeing so we can look further into this.
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Morning!

I trust you'll be updating us on progress, well, after you've let breakfast settle that is!

Don't worry though, we can wait.....

CHEERS!On the next Public Beta? Likely to be a little while. :) We have to go back to adding stuff, and testing it before turning it loose. LOL

edited December 1969

LOL! I meant the Iray content for this current release.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:
    How does one set up transparencies or alpha's to work? I've been holding off until now because I don't like beta's for how my work flow is... (and time) so I'm behind in understanding how to get areas like eyelashes and hair to look right.

Great release. Had a little time to play before heading off to work, which is where I am now....

Thanks DAZ

As noted in the other thread, put your mask image in Cutout Opacity.

I'll have a look-see when I get home. I'm guessing thats part of the Surfaces Advanced tab now or is it iRay and if it's iRay what if you have more than one mask like eyelashes and hair too?

Can't find Cut Out Opacity. Is there a shader I need to apply to non iRay setups designed more for 3Delight?? If so I can't find this shader....

Found this article but it's not telling me how to apply what ever shader that is needed to reveal these aspects of iRay's surface system....

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/panes/surfaces/shaders/iray_uber_shader/shader_general_concepts/start#cutoutApply the !Iray Uber Base to the surface. That will show you what you need to see.

edited December 1969

That shouldn't have made any difference - are you sure you didn't have to add a content directory to the list as well?

Honestley, not really ;)
    I have stored my previous content in the path: DAZStudio4/My Library/ ... , The new G2F base has been installed to: DAZSudio4.8/My Library/... . So the new G2F was in an different content folder, but I though, the only relevant files would be the asset-files in the "data" folder, which have not been moved.
    If that does not work, is it possible then, to move a complete Library?

edited December 1969

Apply the !Iray Uber Base to the surface. That will show you what you need to see.

Isn't that in the content package that isn't up yet?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Honestley, not really ;)
    I have stored my previous content in the path: DAZStudio4/My Library/ ... , The new G2F base has been installed to: DAZSudio4.8/My Library/... . So the new G2F was in an different content folder, but I though, the only relevant files would be the asset-files in the "data" folder, which have not been moved.

Does that mean you are installing your content in Program Files? Or is this an external location with the application name in the path? Having two versions of the same item installed is likely to cause issues in any event..

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Apply the !Iray Uber Base to the surface. That will show you what you need to see.

CHEERS!Also in the Beta content which is still available and is recommended that it be used until the release content is released.

edited December 1969

I don't use the DIM so I'll have to wait for the release content.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

No idea why you wouldn't want to use DIM, but it is content, in a Zip file, the same as the release content will be.
    edited December 1969

Honestley, not really ;)

Does that mean you are installing your content in Program Files? Or is this an external location with the application name in the path? Having two versions of the same item installed is likely to cause issues in any event..

My installs are: D:/DAZ3D/DAZSudio4/... and D:/DAZ3D/DAZStudio4.8/... so not the same folders. DS 4.8 is loading now all its "My Library-content" from the older DAZStudio4 folder.

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

No idea why you wouldn't want to use DIM, but it is content, in a Zip file, the same as the release content will be.

It's just the way I'm used to working with zip files I guess. Switching to it now could muck things up and I'd rather keep things as I have them now as it's always worked for me.

CHEERS!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

I'm having some trouble installing the 32-bit version from the downloader: always seems to hang up on installing the CMS.

edited December 1969

I'm having some trouble installing the 32-bit version from the downloader: always seems to hang up on installing the CMS.

The base application, or are you installing two versions of PostgreSQL? You don't need the 32 bit version of PostgreSQL if you have the 64, even for DS 32.

edited December 1969

Ohh, hang on, wait a minute, I just clicked on the Beta in my Product Library and it's showing a manual download for the Public Beta Iray Support Content. That's the same as what they're trying to put up for the release version, right? If I'd known there was a manual download available I would have got it a while ago.

Let me know if I can go ahead and install that in the release version and I'll get cracking if I can

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Ohh, hang on, wait a minute, I just clicked on the Beta in my Product Library and it's showing a manual download for the Public Beta Iray Support Content. That's the same as what they're trying to put up for the release version, right? If I'd known there was a manual download available I would have got it a while ago.

Let me know if I can go ahead and install that in the release version and I'll get cracking if I can

CHEERS!

There are some tweaks between what is in that and what is in the release version, but that is what I was talking about. LOL.
  • Mark C HollowayMark C Holloway Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

There is not a regular installer is there? I do not see an install tab or anything like that.
    If you do a manual download, How do you install it?

edited December 1969

There is not a regular installer is there? I do not see an install tab or anything like that.
    Regular Installer for what?
    For the software yes there is a "Regular" Installer. For Content we haven't made installers for a while.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK opened the DIM and I see two installers for 4.8 under Product Updates, one for what I guess is the General Release (.0.55), and another which is a public Build Beta+. Both have the same Package Date (05/16/15) but the "Beta" has a more recent time stamp than the General release. A bit confused here.

Also do not see the updated Iray content yet.

...thank you, so just ignore the beta installer then?
  • Mark C HollowayMark C Holloway Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Regular Installer for what?
    For the software yes there is a "Regular" Installer. For Content we haven't made installers for a while.

Maybe I said this wrong.
    Lets say, I do a manual download of Daz 4.8, Now what I have is a zip file. What do I do to install it from this Zip file? Is there something inside the Zip I click on to install it?

edited May 2015

Honestley, not really ;)
    ...interesting, I route all my content to my "Library drive" (D:) to keep the C: (boot) drive as lean as possible.

My usual content install path for Daz 4+ is .

For Poser content: .(which I also map to both Poser Pro and CarraraPro)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

Also in the Beta content which is still available and is recommended that it be used until the release content is released.

has this been released yet? I have the new DS 4.8 in my updates but not the content...don't want to d/l until its all ready

edited May 2015

...holding off as well as I'm not into moving things about in Windows. When I do that, I tend to get path errors or missing components.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited December 1969

Someone else note that DAZStudio 4,8 does not render the fur of Look at mY Hair (LAH) if render in Iray

Also can someone recommand me some new product light presets fitting for Iray ?
    there are many but i just can buy one or two

Thanks

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
    edited December 1969

LAMH will not render in Iray, no.

You can convert LAMH (and I think Garibaldi hair) to Obj and it will render... but Obj makes for huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge files.
    (When I use LAMH, I save a preset and never save the file with LAMH applied. When it's time to render, I apply the preset, convert to Obj, apply shader, render, then make sure not to save before I close up)

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122
    edited December 1969

This is exquisite and extremely exciting. I've been playing with some of the new shaders on the the marketplace, bravo PAs! The results of my renders have more than met expectations.

Thank you for a job well done, actually done to perfection.

A fan,
    PizmoSF