DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Project Iradium] - RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 - version 4.8.0.53! **UPDATED**

1121314151618»

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Saw in a few renders with backgrounds that there is a shadow catcher. Love to know where that is....
    Render settings, should be defaulted to On.
  • DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

Ran the install manager this morning and saw the new 4.8 release was available. I ran the installation and the Iray render engine is available but I can not find any of the Iray shaders that I've read about that should be listed with the default shaders. I've looked in the shaders folder and the shader pre-sets folder, but I can not find anything. I even did a search for Iray and nothing turned up. Any help would be appreciated.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yeah it looks like the Iray Content hasn't be made available for the official non beta release. I only have the Pubic Beta Iray Content in DIM.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited May 2015

I believe they are still being worked on and aren't up for download yet.

CHEERS!

EDIT: It's late night here in the UK and I'm done, hopefully all the files will be up when I come back tomorrow.

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

OK, not sure what is going on, but every product in my product library at DAZ 3D whether downloaded and installed or not is in the Ready to Download list of the DIM on my computer! Why would I need to re-download and install all of my DAZ Studio content? 4.8 is there too, and a couple of updated products, but all the stuff I have downloaded from the beginning of my account with DAZ 3D? I don't get it. If I already have all that stuff downloaded and installed I should not need to do all that over again, should I?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969
  • Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I want to congratulate you guys at daz on the daz pro 4.8 you really have out done yourself.
    you finally made daz a real animation tool.
    I created a short animation with daz studio 4.8 it and I found it to really work great with a ton of improvements. the real time preview window was the Bomb. what a fantastic tool for helping me hide some my animation flaws using older ani-blocks with shadows.

I was really impressed when i was able to stop in mid rendering of a avi and resume again that allowed me to correct small flaws in lighting .

Thought i rendered this animation in Daz studio 4.8 I did it using the 3delight render engine instead of Iray which was much faster than daz 4.7 when i compared a few of the scenes when building the animation. still one of the scene s in the film took 15 hours to render.
    I guess no matter what program rendering mirror reflection with return shadows in raytrace light really slows render times... ..ha ha ha

anyway thank you very much for the real time render preview window and the other improvements I really look forward to working with the final results of the new daz program.

Ms Ivy

Private Reflections - A gymnastic Yoga work out
    A young girl practicing yoga moves by her self.

Created with Daz Studio pro 4.8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSYWEuK2FA

Nicely done!, both your work and DAZ too

• DAZ_VinceDAZ_Vince Posts: 114
    edited May 2015

Ran the install manager this morning and saw the new 4.8 release was available. I ran the installation and the Iray render engine is available but I can not find any of the Iray shaders that I've read about that should be listed with the default shaders. I've looked in the shaders folder and the shader pre-sets folder, but I can not find anything. I even did a search for Iray and nothing turned up. Any help would be appreciated.

The public beta shaders and lights package is available (for the public beta) but we had a minor setback on releasing the final package for the release version of 4.8. You should see a Lights and shaders package become available by tomorrow along with updated interactive lessons. Sorry for the wait!

Post edited by DAZ_Vince on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Are one of these what I need to get the transparency or alpha's working?

If so, which one?

Thank you

Cutout Opacity is the one for hiding parts of the surface entirely - such as eyelashes.

edited December 1969

OK, not sure what is going on, but every product in my product library at DAZ 3D whether downloaded and installed or not is in the Ready to Download list of the DIM on my computer! Why would I need to re-download and install all of my DAZ Studio content? 4.8 is there too, and a couple of updated products, but all the stuff I have downloaded from the beginning of my account with DAZ 3D? I don't get it. If I already have all that stuff downloaded and installed I should not need to do all that over again, should I?

It sounds as if the Manifests and possibly the downloads folder from the DAZ 3D\Install manager folder in your Public/Shared Documents is missing. Check that you didn't accidentally move it.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Are one of these what I need to get the transparency or alpha's working?

If so, which one?

Thank you

Cutout Opacity is the one for hiding parts of the surface entirely - such as eyelashes.

Thank you Richard. Now that's in the iRay settings? Sorry, I'm at work right now, have no access to the home computer..

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Saw in a few renders with backgrounds that there is a shadow catcher. Love to know where that is....
    Render settings, should be defaulted to On.

Hmmm, well there was no shadow... but then again it was the Backdrop option in DS so not sure if that qualifies for something that can "catch" a shadow??

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I clicked that little box with the + - in the view port now my renders are overly bright. How do I adjust that please!

Rammy I believe you can just edit/undo that.
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

Jack_238 said:
    Ivy said:
    I want to congratulate you guys at daz on the daz pro 4.8 you really have out done yourself.
    I created a short animation with daz studio 4.8 it and I found it to really work great with a ton of improvements. the real time preview window was the Bomb. what a fantastic tool for helping me hide some my animation flaws using older ani-blocks with shadows.

I was really impressed when i was able to stop in mid rendering of a avi and resume again that allowed me to correct small flaws in lighting .

Thought i rendered this animation in Daz studio 4.8 I did it using the 3delight render engine instead of Iray which was much faster than daz 4.7 when i compared a few of the scenes when building the animation. still one of the scene s in the film took 15 hours to render.
    I guess no matter what program rendering mirror reflection with return shadows in raytrace light really slows render times... ..ha ha ha

anyway thank you very much for the real time render preview window and the other improvements I really look forward to working with the final results of the new daz program.

Ms Ivy

\

Nicely done!, both your work and DAZ too

Thank you very much
    I created this animation with Daz 4.8.0.55 I I dunno howI got . but when i went to update 4.80.35 last week i seen it was .055 version ..lol I got lucky i guess. the real time preview or the aux preview window with iray to preview what your creating.. is a very big plus.
    But it works great. Best daz software to date

edited December 1969

Yea, I found the controls. I think I posted that info just below the one you quoted. :-)

• DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Vince said:

The public beta shaders and lights package is available (for the public beta) but we had a minor setback on releasing the final package for the release version of 4.8. You should see a Lights and shaders package become available by tomorrow along with updated interactive lessons. Sorry for the wait!

Thanks for the information that helps a lot. I'll be on the look out for the additional package.

edited December 1969

It sounds as if the Manifests and possibly the downloads folder from the DAZ 3D\Install manager folder in your Public/Shared Documents is missing. Check that you didn't accidentally move it.
    I'm attaching a screenshot of my Public Documents folder opened to show the DAZ 3D Downloads and Manifest folders for the Install Manager. The path is shown at the top of this image. I opened both folders and looked inside. They both have several files which I would have expected to be there in them.. If the folders are in the wrong place, let me know, and inform me on where they should be. I do not ever enter this part of my hard drive, so cannot fathom how any of these files could have been moved. I refrain from doing such things for fear of making things useless.

Public_Documents_Folder.jpg
    858 x 463 - 96K
    edited December 1969

Well it seems my copy of the DIM fixed itself! Not sure what caused the glitch, but now most of my already downloaded files are no longer in the Ready to Download section. At any rate I won't worry myself further. I'm going to wait to download most of the files until the bandwidth for our server is more available. WiFi has its problems, but they can be worked with. I will begin the DAZ Studio 4.8 download, but will keep from installing it until I can get everything else.

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374
    edited December 1969

I am SO freaking happy! The final version of 4.8 is seriously fabulous. The skin tone on V6 is wonderful. Admittedly, it took me days to figure out how to do this render, because of all the technical problems--getting the lake to look like a lake instead of a big bathtub, getting her skin to look wet, getting the dress to look wet..But I finally did it.

And it only took a half hour to render! Admittedly, I've upgraded my desktop into a real horse, but still.

By the way, the actual composition of this is by Fiona Jayde, who asked me to turn her painting into a Daz render. I really like her composition. She'll add postwork in terms of the water droplets and so forth. I probably could have done those with mesh, but I think postwork would actually be faster.

lady_of_the_lake.jpg
    700 x 1050 - 149K
    ladyofTheLakeoriginal.jpg
    266 x 346 - 50K
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Ms Ivy

Ivy, this is really wonderful!

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Damsel said:
    I am SO freaking happy! The final version of 4.8 is seriously fabulous. The skin tone on V6 is wonderful. Admittedly, it took me days to figure out how to do this render, because of all the technical problems--getting the lake to look like a lake instead of a big bathtub, getting her skin to look wet, getting the dress to look wet..But I finally did it.

And it only took a half hour to render! Admittedly, I've upgraded my desktop into a real horse, but still.

By the way, the actual composition of this is by Fiona Jayde, who asked me to turn her painting into a Daz render. I really like her composition. She'll add postwork in terms of the water droplets and so forth. I probably could have done those with mesh, but I think postwork would actually be faster.

Very classy looking render!

CHEERS!

• LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

DL found the new version of DS this morning UK Time 09:30 which I downloaded and installed but I then checked my Product Library so anyone like myself that prefers to download the DS executes from the Product Library it's all there. May sound dumb to some but I'm going to re-install DS 4.8 using the Exe files.

I feel much more in control that way as I have multiple Runtimes, the Contents of DS2, DS3 and of course DS4 on my system and messing around changing options in the DL manager I find simply irritating.

edited December 1969

DL found the new version of DS this morning UK Time 09:30 which I downloaded and installed but I then checked my Product Library so anyone like myself that prefers to download the DS executes from the Product Library it's all there. May sound dumb to some but I'm going to re-install DS 4.8 using the Exe files.

I feel much more in control that way as I have multiple Runtimes, the Contents of DS2, DS3 and of course DS4 on my system and messing around changing options in the DL manager I find simply irritating.

Update!

Now here's the thing...This morning I installed DS 4.8 via the Download Manager (Which I hate) and installed to my current location. Having found the full execute type installation files had appeared in my Product Library I downloaded then and did what is effectively a re-install. The 'exe' found the right directory which is of course the same as the Download manager...BUT.. it installed a totally new Directory e.g:

Download manager Directory:- 'Program Files\DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 Public Build' which ends up when installed as:- 'Program Files\DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 Public Build\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build'

The Execute File found the correct directory:- 'Program Files\DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 Public Build'.. HOWEVER... it actually installed thus:- 'Program Files\DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 Public Build\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4'

It works fine and in fact picked some relevant settings etc. from DS 4.7 but here's the thing - I downloaded the DS 4.8 Version of Measure Metrics (now Available) but as I had (fortunately) moved (fortunate that I didn't delete it) the unwanted Daz directory the Measure Metrics execute would install as it could not find what it seems to think is the right directory. I copied the old version back and Measure Metrics installed ok...but of course in the wrong place!!

The solution for this was to do a refined search in the old DS 4.8 folder for new files and copy them over.

The upshot of this is that Daz seems to have a major installation conflict between Download manager, The execute version and of course the vendors who use execute files.

Doh!

edited December 1969

Are you installing the beta or the production build? It looks as if you installed the beta with DIM, then pointed the stand-alone installer for the production build to the beta folder.

edited December 1969

Are you installing the beta or the production build? It looks as if you installed the beta with DIM, then pointed the stand-alone installer for the production build to the beta folder.

Hi Richard

No, they were both the new Public build as the latest Beta shows up as a separate download in DlM. Whatever way, both DlM and the execute went to exactly the same base directory. Both make their own main folder names and the DlM when installed to 'K:\Program Files\DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 Public Build'

Both create or install into sub directory 'DAZ 3D' but therafter they both have different idea's - DlM creates and installs into 'DAZStudio4 Public Build' the execute version creates and installs into 'DAZStudio4.

This is an installation conflict and by consequence some vendors for plug-ins and such that use execute files have the wrong information or better still, Daz have created a conflict because they have not crossed checked.

The solution I have now found is simple:- as long as the old directory folder exist I have discovered that I can delete everything inside, install the misdirected executs and then simply move the files to the new directory.

Barbara

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

..so you are saying the .exe installs to the same location where previous versions of Daz installed to whereas the DIM creates a new location?.

edited May 2015

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..so you are saying the .exe installs to the same location where previous versions of Daz installed to whereas the DIM creates a new location?.

No, Vise Versa.

The earlier versions of DS 4.8 Beta install to 'base folder whatever'./Daz 3D/DAZStudio4 Public Build which is were the new DlM installs the New version
    The Execute file (From Product Library) installs to ''base folder whatever'./Daz 3D/DAZStudio4'.

I created a new folder in Programme Files just for the Beta called 'DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 Public Build' but whatever you call it both DlM and the execute create a sub folder called 'Daz 3D'. Inside that sub folder I ended up with two folders - 'DAZStudio4 Public Build' (DlM) install and 'Daz 3D/DAZStudio4' (Execute) Install.

I double checked both the DlM and the execute downloads and they are the new version....they simply have different idea when they're installed in the right place.

Post edited by LeggyBlond on
  • Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

My impression atm is that the new version needs a li-itle more time in the oven. Just to crisp up the meringue :D

I have a scene I've repeatedly simplified. It's down to about 1.2 million polys now and the prior version had zero problems rendering it before I started yanking stuff. I'm getting a consistent crash on this one about the time it hits the single character's hair. :-(

I'm off to work now, but I can cobble together a test scene later for the DAZ engineers if they want to try to figure out what's killing the app. I don't know that this is a general issue; it may be some specific product or other gremlin hidden in my most recent file, which was the first and only one I've opened to test so far.

This is with me using the 3Delight engine, still.

Note to self: Next time, dummy, duplicate the previous app directly before accepting the new production kit. You know it's not a real upgrade until the first service pack hits :D