The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Lunch time. Today:

- 2 sage sausage pattys
    - 2 slices of provolone
    - Box of leaves (arugula)

Healthy. Kind of tasty, but.. sigh. A box of leaves. The snakes would not approve. :-S

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I notice that I don't need to enter a serial number to use Daz Studio 4.5. I should enter a serial number so that I can use auto-fit though. Some of the products for Genesis give me errors related to "duplicate IDs." Now I need to reset some downloads.

edited December 1969

Retail therapy: bought a nice Panasonic 16MP point and shoot with an 8GB SD card, this will be for pics around Austin, self-taken publicity pics, and pics of my sculptures. Newegg had the camera on sale $50 off! It was a no-brainer, I couldn't get it locally for less.

1/2 way through my box of leaves for lunch. I feel like a freaking rabbit.. nibble, nibble, wriggle nose. Nibble. Hop. :roll: :smirk:

Dinner will be CRISPY DEAD BIRD in HOT SAUCE!!!! :snake: :snake:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    My stepfather made me watch some reality Tv. I think it was wife swap. I hate reality Tv. Actually I do not really enjoy watching Tv. I have watched too much Tv since getting to my mum's place.

I do not want to stay here anymore.

Really hope things are improving for you by now :)

I got my keys back. Mum found them. She helped me clean out the car. Now I can drive anywhere as long as I know where it is and I have enough gas.

I am at library right now. Wonder what I need to get a library card.

edited December 1969

My stepfather hates and does not understand the term retail therapy.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

FYI, while you're out, make duplicates of your car keys at locksmith's and make sure they're well-hidden.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

FYI, while you're out, make duplicates of your car keys at locksmith's and make sure they're well-hidden.

I have three copies of the car keys. Once I can find a place that can make key copies and have the money I will make more copies.

I gave a set to my mum which leaves me with two sets and I am hiding one of the sets where I hide my writing notebook.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

@Misty: yeah, that's where I was looking - $250 is what I'm looking at. I can't imagine doing more than 10 books in the next 3 years unless I win the lotto and can write full-time! But you never know... I need to cram $250 on to my VISA since they don't take Paypal (sigh).

Non-complaint: my plush lionfish shipped! It'll be here Monday!!! My two plush snakes are happy with their new iguana friend but they want a fishie friend too - this new fella will do the job nicely (and he looks pretty fancy as well).

Argh, much to do, too sleepy to do it, tummy too unhappy for more coffee. Feh!

if you're rendering art for your books, a yearly calendar/journal is fun to make. i do it through creastespace in the 7x10 size/full bleed.

last christmas i didn't finish the calendars in time, so i didn't bother.
    it's funny how mi amigas never said anything about liking the calendars, until i didn't have them to give out.

edited December 1969

@Misty: yeah, that's where I was looking - $250 is what I'm looking at. I can't imagine doing more than 10 books in the next 3 years unless I win the lotto and can write full-time! But you never know... I need to cram $250 on to my VISA since they don't take Paypal (sigh).

Non-complaint: my plush lionfish shipped! It'll be here Monday!!! My two plush snakes are happy with their new iguana friend but they want a fishie friend too - this new fella will do the job nicely (and he looks pretty fancy as well).

if you're rendering art for your books, a yearly calendar/journal is fun to make. i do it through creastespace in the 7x10 size/full bleed.

it's funny how mi amigas never said anything about liking the calendars, until i didn't have them to give out.

I really don't render 3D any more, I'm not a "real artist" and I have other hobbies that frustrate me less.. or give me the opportunity to vent my anger on the thing itself! LOACH SMASH SCULPTURE!! DIEEE!!! :snake:

Calendars almost sound like fun, though! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

20 more minutes to bus

thinking about picking up a birthday ice cream cake, even though it's not my birthday.

calling a taxi on a friday takes 'em a lonnggg time, sometimes an hour. my ice cream cake will get mushy.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. City towers looming like petrified fairy lights in the still and inky dark predawn outside my window, Haz to go to work for an hour or so this morning, my reflection is looking back at me somewhat pained, is Saturday waaaa :) My back hurts, that is my complaint :)

edited December 1969

I really don't render 3D any more, I'm not a "real artist" and I have other hobbies that frustrate me less.. or give me the opportunity to vent my anger on the thing itself! LOACH SMASH SCULPTURE!! DIEEE!!! :snake:

Calendars almost sound like fun, though! :coolsmile:

Sculpture smashing was very avant-garde a while ago, goes to show if you wait a while everything you do is fashionable again :)

edited December 1969

20 more minutes to bus

thinking about picking up a birthday ice cream cake, even though it's not my birthday.

calling a taxi on a friday takes 'em a lonnggg time, sometimes an hour. my ice cream cake will get mushy.

yummmmmm

icCake.png
    241 x 215 - 86K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited August 2012

Teaaaaaaaaaaaaa Raptorrrrrrrrrrr! I want the t-shirt.. I'm a tea loving loach! Said as I sip my black tea with mango... :coolsmile:

All quotes are free! %-P

http://www.cafepress.com/deinonychus_inc.502386633

"Considerably fluffier, after my tea." The quote on the back of the mug.
    She also has a "Coffee Raptor" mug which is the same picture but the quote replaces "tea" with "coffee" :)

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Mum is watching a preseason nfl game. That is something that bunch of men get paid a lot to fight over a ball.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

That's the best part.

edited December 1969

Mum decided not to watch nfl preseason game as it was not her team playing.

edited December 1969

Now is my weekend yay - I really belong in the land of the long lunch, perhaps with magic pudding for afters :)

edited December 1969

Mum decided not to watch nfl preseason game as it was not her team playing.

I live in shouting distance from a football temple, they had devotions last night it was really loud ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...Friday, finally. About the only complaint is that it felt like fall this morning with temperatures in the low 40s. Warmed up nicely however into the upper 70s (the norm for this time of year).

Surprisingly light day for being so near the end of the month. Was able to leave early and get a ride home saving me nearly an hour thirty compared to the usual transit ordeal I face every day.

Had Hawai'ian BBQ for lunch courtesy of the business complex our company is located in.

Been getting more replies on places I have been looking at. One which is on the west end of the city centre (in a very good location) looks like a very good possibility. Large studio (almost the same square footage of where i am living now) at a decent price in a nice classy older building with wood floors. One nice benefit of being in the city, there are lots of places for shopping and entertainment within walking distance. The best thing, it shortens the commute by nearly thirty minutes and as I don't have to pass through downtown from the east side anymore, I no longer will have to deal with crowded buses/trams.

All in all, a pretty decent end to what was a fairly hectic and frustrating week.

Time to head off for a couple pints and enjoy a nice mild sunny evening.

edited August 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwPfGKyzH2Y
    I've seen a number of people say this song resembles Dragonforce a lot, partially because of the character whose theme it belongs to. I for one think that is a terribly inaccurate comparison to make since Fire NotEqual to Dragon. Meiling would be a more accurate comparison since most if not all the Touhou fanbase believe her to be one (Most her abilities are based on rain and color, her hat has the Kanji for 'dragon' on it, and Meiling is the name of a rainbow-colored dragon.) Mokou is more a phoenix than a dragon.
    I like the song though, both the remix and the original. Although I have to admit I like dBu's remix of Immortal Smoke better than Magnum Opus's (The one that keeps getting compared to that band)
    *edit* See? Phoenix.

This is dBu's remix of it btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdHKdpm8-lM
    Moar piano in that one.

mokou2.jpg
    640 x 405 - 22K
    mokou.jpg
    639 x 448 - 50K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Here's a pretty cool picture of Meiling :3

meiling.jpg
    282 x 276 - 65K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    20 more minutes to bus

yummmmmm

oreo topped cake!

looks tastier than the one i nommms

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Friday, finally. About the only complaint is that it felt like fall this morning with temperatures in the low 40s. Warmed up nicely however into the upper 70s (the norm for this time of year).

Surprisingly light day for being so near the end of the month. Was able to leave early and get a ride home saving me nearly an hour thirty compared to the usual transit ordeal I face every day.

Had Hawai'ian BBQ for lunch courtesy of the business complex our company is located in.

Been getting more replies on places I have been looking at. One which is on the west end of the city centre (in a very good location) looks like a very good possibility. Large studio (almost the same square footage of where i am living now) at a decent price in a nice classy older building with wood floors. One nice benefit of being in the city, there are lots of places for shopping and entertainment within walking distance. The best thing, it shortens the commute by nearly thirty minutes and as I don't have to pass through downtown from the east side anymore, I no longer will have to deal with crowded buses/trams.

All in all, a pretty decent end to what was a fairly hectic and frustrating week.

pints :lol: they come in pints?! -to quote a hobbit

i heard the Hobbit is gonna be a trilogy.

edited December 1969

Haz back ouches tonight :(

edited August 2012

Kyoto Kid said:

pints :lol: they come in pints?! -to quote a hobbit

i heard the Hobbit is gonna be a trilogy.

Is the movies, why settle for one when you can have three... ?

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Personally, I'd rather have none ^_^;

Not a big fan of the movies :<<br /> I think the last two movies I enjoyed were Treasure Planet and Titan A.E. Both really great space-themed films with the former featuring a more steampunk attitude to its technology.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Another Saturday, another trip to the torture place they call the Clinic. Cramps, stuffy head of can't think straight, sore arm, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any of that when I left home today. Blah, it's still better than pushing UP daisies.

I think the Hobbit rates three movies. The story is to long and GOOD to squish into one movie. Just my two cents.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

You should pick or buy some daisies on those rough days, and bring them home and put them into a vase as a reminder that you're not daisy-food. :)

edited December 1969

I am at a library. Went to the bank on the way here and their drive thru area was closed. No one was in the parking lot so I guess the bank is closed. Cannot get any money out until Tuesday.

at least I got my keys back and am able to get to the library. I also got a library card of my own. Got a bill at mum's address which helped.

This discussion has been closed.