The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2012

Lol, least it's not 6am... I made it til 6 this morning lol Curse nightshift and addiction to daz and forums lol

I'd be right at home in America with my current sleeping pattern I tell ya.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well that sounds of personal experience :coolgrin: hehe!

*buffs her fingernails* It is. That's how hardcore geeks get things done. ;)

Consider this: both Google and Microsoft have been experimenting with running server farms fully open and exposed, components arranged on top of cookie trays, and it improved airflow and cooling (which cuts down energy consumption).

I'm running my desktop with one side open, because rendering will otherwise jack up CPU temperatures (and thus agitate the cooling system into action). I originally did this for summer. I may end up leaving it permanently open. My server racks have similar arrangement, except I put a metal mesh over the sides to protect them from accidental handswings and insects.

So running a system with DVD player on a side and case open? Practically something I see done everywhere in my circle of friends. ;)

edited December 1969

That's really cleaver, it makes sense to do that, as long as it's protected like you mention it seems rather practical :smirk:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

my room smells like vanilla coffee, made extra tasty topped with rediwhip and drizzled with hershy syrup.

if only hadz chocolate chip waffls. wahh

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

waffle !

wfwflflw2.png
    360 x 262 - 182K
    edited December 1969

Thats makin me hungry Lol I shoul have bought waffles for night shift lol

edited December 1969

Actually dough nuts would be good. Those big ones with warm jam inside mmmm

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Today is pretty much a wash. Accomplished almost none of my task list.

Did cook crispy spicy chicken thighs, ame out well although took 2 hours to cook. Pork ribs still in the oven after 5 hours, but should be done soon. Managed to get my writing projects organized, buy music to write to, order cooking supplies (for bbqing), set up King Ghidorah, unpack and set my plush lionfish with the snakes and iguana (yay) and start in on wiring the Dell laptop up as a house-pubolic computer. started reinstalling my laptop-based music studio for doing electronic/soundscape stuff since i can't play guitar any more.

Did NOITHING on my blogs or my Website,. Didn't write a lick, didn't sculpt. Did do laundry. Meh.

Still listening to some great tracks by you on my ipod :)

:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:

More in a couple of months, I hope! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Sunday, and trying to wake up. I have a LOT to do today, let's see how much I can get done!!

Cooking will be breakfast sausage, then chicken wings for dinner. I have enough leftovers for lunch for 2-3 days, yaay!!

Sipping French Roast and cranking "Infected Mushroom" - techno/dance band - good way to wake up! :coolsmile:

Work work workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk (shakes his booty)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited August 2012

I wanna go see a movie, but I've already seen everything I wanted to see that is currently playing (ParaNorman) . :(

For me going to the movies isn't worth the expense (gas, ticket, snack, and temptation to shop at the mall) unless the movie is in 3D. I've got a nice (not great but nice) 32" HD (1080) TV at home that is only 5 and a half feet from my eyes. I have DishTV, NetFlix, and a Blu-Ray player so I have access to a lot of HD movies right at home. I don't have 3D TV though. So movies in 3D give me a reason to fork over about $20 for the theater experience (gas, ticket, snack, and temptation to shop at the mall).

At home I can go to the snack bar (kitchen) at my convenience by stopping the movie, I can back up to re-play something that I missed, and what is sometimes most convenient I can skip through the boring parts at the click of a button. Moreover, I don't have to get dressed up to see the movie and I can cover up with a blankie, put a pillow behind my head, sip hot chocolate and lean way back in my recliner and fall asleep if the movie loses its interest. (just try that at the theater).

Movies at the theater have the big audience atmosphere and the "you're there to see the movie" concentration effect but 2D movies are just less expensive and more convenient at home these days. And any good 2D movie will be out on NetFlix, or Dish or DVD or Blu-Ray within 3 or 4 months or less, so sometimes it's just worth waiting.

I'm pretty sure what's going to happen if/when I get a 60" 3D TV and a 3D capable Blu-Ray machine! :-o i.e. No more $5 small bags of popcorn! :-s

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited August 2012

Arghhh... I've lost another of my children! (*sob*)

I had a Windows2000 computer that worked last time I tried it about a year ago but has been recently serving only as a small end-table next to my recliner to hold my TV remote & cable remote controls.

Someone gave me a nice little table yesterday that would serve the purpose so I tested my old Win2000 machine last night and it wouldn't turn on ( probably a power supply or mother board problem or perhaps just a switch issue) so I tested it further and discovered that the tiny (10GB) hard drive was dead too. Isn't it curous how things just die while turned off! :-o Nice machine in its day but it's day has passed. It had been maxed out in memory (384MB) years ago so I just decided to not even strip it for parts and just scrapped the whole thing. (sob). Time marches on!

Edited to add: I did actually scavenge the memory. Three modules of 128MB PC-133 synchronous SDRAM, CL3. Don't know why! It will just sit in my box of old memory till it turns to dust a couple thousand years from now. However, just yesterday I was able to find a home for two old 512MB DDR-400 memory modules into a friend's ancient XP machine replacing his two 256MB DDR-333 memory. Makes his machine almost sluggish now instead of comatose. :-0

I guess a computer dying while turned off is like dying in its sleep. People say dying in your sleep is the best way to go. I don't want to go that way. It will 6 months before anybody discovers my body! I want to die awake while on the phone to someone telling them to come pick up my body before I ooze all over my gorgeous rugs. :-o

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    waffle !

I made waffled yesterday and mum and stepfather made me make them again today.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    waffle !

I made waffled yesterday and mum and stepfather made me make them again today. That sounds more like a request to me. Please make more of those, they were good.

I made MY coleslaw Thursday and was asked if we could have more with tonight's dinner. Sure thing I love it. Sunday Dinner will be good this week.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:
    waffle !

I made waffled yesterday and mum and stepfather made me make them again today.

That sounds more like a request to me. Please make more of those, they were good.

I made MY coleslaw Thursday and was asked if we could have more with tonight's dinner. Sure thing I love it. Sunday Dinner will be good this week.

Now they want waffled every weekend I live here.

Right now mum is reading a library book. Stepfather is watching a football game. I am browsing the forums in between reading chapters of a library book.

Mum is not watching the game because they are teams she does not care for.

I am reading Meyer's The Host.

edited December 1969

just finished watching season9 of NCIS. holy crapp!!!

can'tz find a preview of season 10 premiere.

i'm scared for Mcgee, he was moving towards the window.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    waffle !

iz a heart on waffl :lol:

edited December 1969

this is all i can find for seasn 10 http://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/photos/120132/season-10-first-look

Duckieeee sob

tony and ziva were in the elevator together.

Mcgee hasn't been looking or sounding healthy all season.

edited December 1969

I am thinking of writing a bit. I still need to decide on an exact location for my story.

I think a vamp can play indoor football as he would not be out in sunlight and those games tend to be at evening to night.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited August 2012

I am thinking of writing a bit. I still need to decide on an exact location for my story.

I think a vamp can play indoor football as he would not be out in sunlight and those games tend to be at evening to night.

*chuckles* Won't he die in the moonlight too though? (The moonlight is after all the suns rays reflecting off the moon) :P
    Why don't you get him a parasol? It works for Remilia Scarlet for when she wants to go out during the day :D
    And no is not a magic parasol. Just a regular one you could find anywhere~

remilia-scarlet.jpg
    600 x 422 - 163K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited August 2012

Murr...?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagome_Kagome
    It sounds like an interesting mystery, but chances are the truth behind it is underwhelming ^_^
    ... ...
    .Remilia references the Star of David in one of her attacks, and her younger sister Flandre references Kagome Kagome. Coincidence?

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Hmmm moonlight killing vampires? Interesting thought.

This type of vamp gets sick in sunlight but not die.

My kitties are being bad at their temporary home. They need to be rehomed again but I am so far away.

edited December 1969

Sometimes the depression gets too strong, and it's impossible to shake. I guess it's just part of this.. so many things I should have done, so many things I shouldn't have. And no changing the past, it's etched in stone, and bone, and flesh.

The most dangerous thing is to stop caring. There isn't anything to fix that.

edited December 1969

Morning. More sun today - and blue sky, kalloo kallay !

edited December 1969

Sometimes the depression gets too strong, and it's impossible to shake. I guess it's just part of this.. so many things I should have done, so many things I shouldn't have. And no changing the past, it's etched in stone, and bone, and flesh.

*hugs*

edited December 1969

Hmmm moonlight killing vampires? Interesting thought.

This type of vamp gets sick in sunlight but not die.

My kitties are being bad at their temporary home. They need to be rehomed again but I am so far away.

I guess all the vampires will be packing up and booking flights to leave town now the sun is back here :)

edited August 2012

is Austin is far away from hurricane area?

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited August 2012

iz refreshing weathers in Melbourne:)

oh crap, hurricane isaac warnings for gulf mexico areas.

120826.png
    723 x 313 - 129K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Dead fish in a box for lunch - grilled whiting, no shark today - bah as soon as I went outside the sun went inside, or up or away or something ;)

edited December 1969

Yes well the minute I went inside the sun came out

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

I wanna go see a movie, but I've already seen everything I wanted to see that is currently playing (ParaNorman) . :(

For me going to the movies isn't worth the expense (gas, ticket, snack, and temptation to shop at the mall) unless the movie is in 3D. I've got a nice (not great but nice) 32" HD (1080) TV at home that is only 5 and a half feet from my eyes. I have DishTV, NetFlix, and a Blu-Ray player so I have access to a lot of HD movies right at home. I don't have 3D TV though. So movies in 3D give me a reason to fork over about $20 for the theater experience (gas, ticket, snack, and temptation to shop at the mall).

At home I can go to the snack bar (kitchen) at my convenience by stopping the movie, I can back up to re-play something that I missed, and what is sometimes most convenient I can skip through the boring parts at the click of a button. Moreover, I don't have to get dressed up to see the movie and I can cover up with a blankie, put a pillow behind my head, sip hot chocolate and lean way back in my recliner and fall asleep if the movie loses its interest. (just try that at the theater).

Movies at the theater have the big audience atmosphere and the "you're there to see the movie" concentration effect but 2D movies are just less expensive and more convenient at home these days. And any good 2D movie will be out on NetFlix, or Dish or DVD or Blu-Ray within 3 or 4 months or less, so sometimes it's just worth waiting.

I'm pretty sure what's going to happen if/when I get a 60" 3D TV and a 3D capable Blu-Ray machine! :-o i.e. No more $5 small bags of popcorn! :-s

...because of depth perception issues, 3D films and television do nothing for me.
This discussion has been closed.