DAZ Studio Pro BETA [Project Iradium] - RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 - version 4.8.0.53! **UPDATED**

Comments

• LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

latego said:
    Vaskania said:
    Has 4.8.0.51 been deployed to DIM? I'm running .44 and no update available.

In the change log for 4.8.0.51 there is the item "Merged development branch into trunk" so I presume that the official release is just a bugfix cycle or two away.

Thanks. I just worked it out when I what I thought were ordinary lights and they all a 'Photometrics' parameter

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    One last thing to try is to make sure the Daz Studio 4.5+ filter is also checked. 4.5+ specific items don't show up without that enabled.

Thanks, double-checked it just now, and it is checked as well. Still not showing up.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Popped back by for any updates...no worries about the broken Install Manager. Looks like too many bugs yet anyway for the Beta. I'll wait for the manual download, when it's released. I never use that install manager anyway.
    Looks like a store cache issue. If you still don't have it in your account, please file a support ticket.
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Popped back by for any updates...no worries about the broken Install Manager. Looks like too many bugs yet anyway for the Beta. I'll wait for the manual download, when it's released. I never use that install manager anyway.
    Looks like a store cache issue. If you still don't have it in your account, please file a support ticket.

OK, I dropped a ticket: #192522 Cannot Access Public Beta through DIM. Thanks for the help.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749
    edited December 1969

Hmm... From these reports I think I shall stick to My stable old 4.7 with the Mcasual script to send to blender cycles.

I have started to learn blender elegant node based shader system
    and dont mind having to send my scenes from DAZ studio 4.7

Also I prefer to use the free SmartIBL system for Blender, from HDR labs, for my lighting.

have fun.

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374
    edited December 1969

I still can't download the 4.8 etc. I got my old version of Iray, 4.809, working again, so I will render with that for a while. But I have done everything y'all said to do, as far as checking hidden, going into settings and enabling downloading public and private builds, plus 4.5+. Still no joy. When I buy the beta and attempt to download it (it's free) using DIM, the site gives me a file not found. I did become able to get in and post with my render computer by switching to private browsing (in which there is no history left) and logging in. Then I could post. Admit it: y'all just hate me, don't you?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    edited December 1969

...did a bit of system maintenance last night as I noticed the free space on the C drive was pretty low and figured that may have been the cause of the sluggishness I was seeing yesterday. After Win 7 ran optimisation and cleanup this morning gained over 50GB of free space on the main boot drive.(250GB). Have over 660 GB free on the 1TB D: runtime drive.

So started up 4.8, and loaded the scene I was working on yesterday. Still got the white to black window with the "Not Responding" message. Launched a test render and notice that the HD light was constantly on as if the programme was performing a swap operation . Received two more "not responding" messages with the render window turning white. The render timer froze at 9 min 35 sec for nearly five minutes before resuming. When I moved the mouse to put the cursor on part of the desktop outside the Application window, I would get the "wait" cursor which meant the Daz programme pretty much froze the entire system.

After nearly seventeen and a half minutes, finally the image appeared in the render window. Cancelled the render as character's skin, hair and eyes looked all wrong. After doing so, a second render history pane appeared over the first, a second minimised render settings pane appeared below the application window (I leave the render settings "undocked as I cannot seem to get it to dock properly to either sidebar and am tired of getting that "postage stamp" sized pane every time I open it).

After I was able to finally close the render window, I couldn't do anything else without incurring yet another "whiteout" and "Not Responding" message. Finally was able to delete the character from the scene (have a backup of her). All throughout this time, the Hard Drive light was on steady as if again, the programme was swapping to it rather than using the CPU and system memory for the operations.

In all, the entire sequence took nearly 50 minutes from loading the scene to closing it. much of the time with the programme indicating it was "Not Responding".

Read somewhere in the changelog for 0.51 that there was some sort of Iray memory leak and wondering if that was part of the reason. However, with ver. 0.44, this only began occurring in the last few days.

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

I did have a bit of trouble getting the new beta to show up in Install Manager. I closed that, went to my store Account / Downloadable Products and typed in "Daz Studio Pro Beta" and the download page came up. I simply selected "Download and install with Install Manager". It started Install Manager and everything went off without a hitch.

Must say this build is behaving a bit faster than previous builds for me. Very stable so far. No crashes :)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

latego said:
    Vaskania said:
    Has 4.8.0.51 been deployed to DIM? I'm running .44 and no update available.

In the change log for 4.8.0.51 there is the item "Merged development branch into trunk" so I presume that the official release is just a bugfix cycle or two away.
    Thanks, but it seems my issue was a very stupid one. At some point I had downloaded the upgrade, but never hit install. /facepalm lol

Running .51 now.

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

I hope that those that are having issues with their DS Betas (particularly the "not responding" / slowness) are filing bug reports.
    Was watching a friend on Skype the other day and he was having that same issue. His DS beta was much slower than mine.
    The new beta as well as the others have performed well for me so far. I think I've only had one crash and that was with the first beta.

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Anyone figure out the best set ups for iray lighting?

edited December 1969

I have found it works best when you can actually download the Beta....LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. No reply on my ticket yet.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    I have found it works best when you can actually download the Beta....LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. No reply on my ticket yet.

Are you using DIM? If not then that's why you can't download it. :-(

edited May 2015

akulla3D said:
    Anyone figure out the best set ups for iray lighting?
    Depends on what you are trying to light. For portraits, I have found open any Photographic lighting book and use their light rigs works best, if you are of a mind to build them yourself. You can also find some great HDRI files out there, if you are not working in an enclosed space. And if an enclosed space is set up similar to a real world location, in many cases you can just turn on the lights modeled in the scene.
    Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

Nadino said:
    I hope that those that are having issues with their DS Betas (particularly the "not responding" / slowness) are filing bug reports.
    Was watching a friend on Skype the other day and he was having that same issue. His DS beta was much slower than mine.
    The new beta as well as the others have performed well for me so far. I think I've only had one crash and that was with the first beta.

...held off submitting a ticket until I was certain it was not just an isolated incident relating to my system.

What are your system specs?

• edited December 1969

This whole resume thing is awesome but I can't seem to save the render, I'm just able to hit the resume button, anyone know how to save in the new 4.8?

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

You have to cancel rendering first , when it render cancel it in the rendered window not in the small one , if you cancel the small one you will get just resume button option in the big one

This whole resume thing is awesome but I can't seem to save the render, I'm just able to hit the resume button, anyone know how to save in the new 4.8?
    edited December 1969

I have trouble when rendering animation in the last build, the first render take all advantage of GPU then the second render frame switch to CPU , I tried so many times, then went manually rendering frame by frame without issues ... looks like just the first frame engage GPU , manually, frame render in 1 min 500 samples, when render animation it took 1.5 hour for 1 frame, something is not right , if someone could add this to the bug tracker I would be thankful, I did not had issues in the last build

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:

Click on Download Filters and just select/activate everything and Accept. And leave search field empty.
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited May 2015

MEC4D said:
    I have trouble when rendering animation in the last build, the first render take all advantage of GPU then the second render frame switch to CPU , I tried so many times, then went manually rendering frame by frame without issues ... looks like just the first frame engage GPU , manually, frame render in 1 min 500 samples, when render animation it took 1.5 hour for 1 frame, something is not right , if someone could add this to the bug tracker I would be thankful, I did not had issues in the last build

I've added it to my bug report #192439, with a link to your post.

I've experienced a problem where you can't stop the render of Iray movie - it just keeps going and creating black frames after you hit cancel. If I do image series, it works fine, just does a black image for the one I interrupted rendering due to the cancel.
    I guess the problems are related somehow.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

The same here, my problem is image series related . The main reason is I guess that the cache is not cleared and it reach max GPU memory that why it switch to CPU .. if I set off CPU rendering it crash and Nvidia message ask to close DS

thank you for adding my bug !

lee_lhs said:
    MEC4D said:

I've added it to my bug report #192439, with a link to your post.

I've experienced a problem where you can't stop the render of Iray movie - it just keeps going and creating black frames after you hit cancel. If I do image series, it works fine, just does a black image for the one I interrupted rendering due to the cancel.
    I guess the problems are related somehow.

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    edited December 1969

One thing I've noticed is that the "Save" button does not become active until you enter a name for the image ;)
    edited May 2015

3doutlaw said:

Click on Download Filters and just select/activate everything and Accept. And leave search field empty.

By gosh, that did it! :) Obviously something was not checked correct in there. I am guessing it was "software", but there was a ton of stuff not checked, so your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks!!! :)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • 8eos88eos8 Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

I've noticed that when I have the main pane set to Iray render, and a character with its eyes set to point at the default camera, then it becomes so slow to pan/rotate/zoom the camera that it's practically unusable (it only updates once a second or less, and it often freezes with the spinning cursor). Whereas If I have the character's eyes set to point at "None" then I don't have any problems with moving the camera and having it update in realtime. I just submitted a bug report for this.

edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    Hey Mec4D,
    It would be better if you entered your own bug. Could I please get you to do so?

The reason for this is I have a bunch of questions on it, and will likely need an example scene. :)

I spent the morning rendering a 60 frame animation and the video card participated in all 60 frames. I am not saying that you aren't seeing what you are stating, just that I haven't managed to guess the right choices and options to replicate it. :) (And no I did not use my machine with the K6000 and the K2200. LOL)

• edited December 1969

Has this been addressed, why does the render upon resuming say in the progress box 0 percent? I'm talking aboutafter the first canvas is done rendering? Does it just stay at zero indefinitely?

edited December 1969

It is not just me, my friend experienced the same today, the GPU dropping down to zero after rendering frame 2
    I had just genesis female without textures on it using just volume water shader on the cornea, checked the manager DS showing 4 GB RAM usage with just one base without textures I have 16 GB of ram but only 2GB Vram
    Also I see often in all builds that after some time the genesis drop to base geometry, not just me
    if it just me I don't bother lol

btw I don't know where to submit the bugs I experience as I never used betas before

MEC4D said:
    Hey Mec4D,
    It would be better if you entered your own bug. Could I please get you to do so?

The reason for this is I have a bunch of questions on it, and will likely need an example scene. :)

I spent the morning rendering a 60 frame animation and the video card participated in all 60 frames. I am not saying that you aren't seeing what you are stating, just that I haven't managed to guess the right choices and options to replicate it. :) (And no I did not use my machine with the K6000 and the K2200. LOL)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    btw I don't know where to submit the bugs I experience as I never used betas before

http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us and set the ticket for Technical Support.

edited May 2015

...OK received a reply to my support ticket.

Seems first off (as I feared) the GPU being older is one of the issues. I mentioned have the latest general driver update (the newer one is specific to the latest release of GTA and some found it created conflicts). Cannot afford a new GPU right now and would rather wait until Nvidia releases the updated Maxwell architecture 970/980 (8 GB instead of 4)

One suggestion did help with the sluggishness and all the freezes. That was to clear the Daz3D cache and temp files in C:/Roaming. Did so and even the large scene I've been working on loaded much quicker without all the multiple "Not Responding" messages (haven't tried rendering yet) . Would be nice if there were utility scripts for this.so it could be done from inside the application.

As to the flickering of the application window borders when performing various operations, was told that it is not a known issue but possibly could be due to a corrupt install. The only thing reinstalling means installing the new update as ver. 0.44 is no longer available (still a bit hesitant due to troubles others have mentioned).

ETA:

Still getting "High Disk Usage - Daz Studio" warnings when opening folders & such. Amended ticket to reflect this. Never saw this warning before the 0.09 update and it has been occurring with more frequency in ver 0.44. Kind of unnerving.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard

MEC4D said:

http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us and set the ticket for Technical Support.