Star Wars Renders 2013 +

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited May 2015

Gogger said:
    I had a hard time finding it - I guess if we can't post a direct link here (or can we?) you can do what I did:

Go to ShareCG's website and search "Millennium Falcon" which will return a list of things. Find the Millennium Falcon for Poser by Vanishing Point and click on it. On the page that comes up, to the right, under [Follow Me] [+Favorite] [Send Mail] you'll see "Portfolio | Gallery | More Poser |" Click on "More Poser" and for me it was the first in the list. I had tried searching on "Astromech, BB-8, BB8, droid, Star Wars" etc, but no luck and tons of non 3D stuff to wade through.

Good Luck searching everyone! And thanks Richard Duda and JHoagland!!!

Or alternatively if you are looking in the next few days you can just click the Poser selection at the top of the page (between 3D Models and Daz Studio) and then change the sort mode from the standard Rating to Date at the lower left of the screen on the main page. This will sort the items by most recent first, when I went just now this was the first item on the list.

Thanks RDuda for making this available and John for Poserising, really appreciated.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,195
    edited December 1969

ShareCG links are OK.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited December 1969

Was an excuse to play with IRAY

Rawn

stawarsstreet.jpg
    1124 x 862 - 492K
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:

There's a Genesis Bunny person that should work for the bunny part.

I thought there was you know, but could not find it anywhere. Do you have the link?

Should work with guys I think..
    http://www.daz3d.com/bunnygirl-for-genesis

-----------------------*********************------------------------

Rduda: I was playing with the VII helmet from Retrodevil. What settings did you use to import it? When I tried, it was either WAY too big, or way too small.

Excellent! Converted easily into a full D|S figure, and I've already started converting the materials for D|S.

(Edit: One small gotcha, haven't checked the other MATs yet, but the orange Ball05 textures seem to have been duplicated onto the Ball06 surface.)

SpottedKitty: how do you mean, "converting the materials for D|S"? I was playing with it tonight (in Daz).. I found the ambient color sliders were set to 100% on all but 1 of the ball panels, so that needed fixing. Is there something else that's needed?

I was editing the textures in photoshop to make a new color set..it works really well as a model and textures…
    (I'll show what I'm making when it's a little closer to done :) )

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    SpottedKitty: how do you mean, "converting the materials for D|S"? I was playing with it tonight (in Daz).. I found the ambient color sliders were set to 100% on all but 1 of the ball panels, so that needed fixing. Is there something else that's needed?

The ambient settings aren't an import glitch, four of the six Ball surfaces and the two Head surfaces have glowing lights, and they all have extra Light textures to be applied to the Ambient Color parameter. Look in the textures folder.

The original Poser ball and head materials have the diffuse texture also applied to the Specular Color (don't forget to turn Glossiness down a bit).

The usual adjustment to the Bump +/- values. (Otherwise you have a maximum bump difference of 5% of one-tenth of a millimetre...)

I also added a bit of Reflection to the main surfaces, and tweaked the two Lens surfaces to look a bt more glass-like.

I've looked at the "BB8 takes a bow on stage" video, and the HeadBase and HeadTop2 surfaces both ought to be dull metallic; I used one of the Titanium presets from the Gemologica shader set.

Here's a few quick test renders I threw together last night; you should be able to see faint reflections and the glowing lights. In the one with two droids (lit by an UberEnvironment) the orange is a straight Poser import with just the ambient turned off, the purple is one of my D|S-converted MATs.

BB8-04.jpg
    1002 x 673 - 61K
    BB8-03.jpg
    1700 x 1190 - 373K
    BB8-02.jpg
    462 x 567 - 50K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Spotted Kitty..clearly a bunch more stuff I need to learn about.

--------------***********------------------**************------------

Has anyone used this Boba Fett armor in Daz?
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/60337/browse/11/Poser/New-Beskargam

It says it can do things like raise the viewfinder and have the rocket pack, but I can't figure out how to do that :(

• blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

very nice set , if I remember correctly it is for both v4 and m4 I think that there is also another texture pack that goes with it too

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Rduda: I was playing with the VII helmet from Retrodevil. What settings did you use to import it? When I tried, it was either WAY too big, or way too small.

I was using Poser 2014, I just went to Import .OBJ and sized to what I wanted.

And on another note: I'm glad every one seem to be enjoying BB-8, for any errors or glitches I'm sorry I'm still learning all this too, Still to come Chopper and the Bonk Droids, and I have my sights on IG88 too. (All freebies)

edited May 2015

bluto said:
    very nice set , if I remember correctly it is for both v4 and m4 I think that there is also another texture pack that goes with it too

It is...except for the "I can't get the rocket back to show up" part :(

EDIT: It has somethng to do with a "Geometry Switching Tab"...if i can find that.

Post edited by Scavenger on
  • edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    bluto said:

It is...except for the "I can't get the rocket back to show up" part :(

EDIT: It has somethng to do with a "Geometry Switching Tab"...if i can find that.
    If you figure out how to do it somewhere other than this thread, could you post the answer here? I'm wanting to use that armor, too, and having the exact same problem with it as you...

edited December 1969

DBlack930 said:

If you figure out how to do it somewhere other than this thread, could you post the answer here? I'm wanting to use that armor, too, and having the exact same problem with it as you...

The problem was solved in another thread!

For the chest plate...if you drill down to the Chest bone, then there's a pull down menu in the controls to chose between the shapes.
    The helmet also has switch in the Head bone..

Vaskania figured it out here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56179/

If you autofit to G2F (as I did) then you lose that option. (and autofitting the one with the rocketpack turned off causes the pack to warp out of existence. Currently, I loaded a second piece, invisibled everything that wasn't the rocketpack and just parented it to the chest.

• edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    DBlack930 said:

The problem was solved in another thread!

For the chest plate...if you drill down to the Chest bone, then there's a pull down menu in the controls to chose between the shapes.
    The helmet also has switch in the Head bone..

Vaskania figured it out here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56179/

If you autofit to G2F (as I did) then you lose that option. (and autofitting the one with the rocketpack turned off causes the pack to warp out of existence. Currently, I loaded a second piece, invisibled everything that wasn't the rocketpack and just parented it to the chest.
    Thanks!

I tried it out, and interestingly the helmet option only works on the M4 one--the V4 and prop helmets don't have it. The M4 and V4 chest plates both work the same, tho...

edited December 1969

Chopper has hands! Every one Watch out!!!

Chopper_hands.jpg
    845 x 788 - 132K
    edited December 1969

That is so awesome!

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Chopper has hands! Every one Watch out!!!

WOW - very nice work!

• Edd_ weavo-1Edd_ weavo-1 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Has there been any more C3PO for poser or Daz flying around at all? Been looking but still can't find him anywhere.

edited December 1969

weavo said:
    Has there been any more C3PO for poser or Daz flying around at all? Been looking but still can't find him anywhere.

you gan get him at Blender swap and convert him (Blender is a free program, just open file and file/export as .obj then import to daz or Poser) or you have to buy him.

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    weavo said:

you gan get him at Blender swap and convert him (Blender is a free program, just open file and file/export as .obj then import to daz or Poser) or you have to buy him.

Does using blender work that easily? (for converting?)
    I'll have to give a try.

(I'm at some material settings and the final render away from my BB-8 scene inspired by your work!)

• Edd_ weavo-1Edd_ weavo-1 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Same here, when I have one ot two things sorted, will look into that.

edited December 1969

Well it's easy to make the Prop obj file, when in poser and daz next you have to break a parts the parts and parent them all together, thats the fun part!

edited December 1969

And done!

Obvious tips of the helmets to Rduda who's making of the BB-8 model instantly inspired this picture when I saw it (which is why I asked about a black texture all those pages ago).

Also for leading me to RetroDevils SW7 helmet so I could make it period accurate :D

(full res version will be on my dA page)

Soccer-Wars_1800.png
    1800 x 1165 - 3M
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:
    And done!

Obvious tips of the helmets to Rduda who's making of the BB-8 model instantly inspired this picture when I saw it (which is why I asked about a black texture all those pages ago).

Also for leading me to RetroDevils SW7 helmet so I could make it period accurate :D

(full res version will be on my dA page)

hilarious !!!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

All it needs is a line of cheerdroids in the background... ;-)

edited December 1969

I went with probe doids as camera men..but if Rduda's Croaker goes out for public use.... :D

edited December 1969

Scavenger said:

I went with probe doids as camera men..but if Rduda's Croaker goes out for public use.... :D

"Croaker"???

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

It being that some fans only frequent their one thread ... this is worth not missing!

http://www.daz3d.com/m4-hero-pro-pack Free atm ; if still showing free, throw it in the cart and PROVIDING it is still reading as free, "buy" it. Can download whenever. :-)

http://www.daz3d.com/m4-hero-pro-pack It's on the Freebie landing page. Last time it was only there for about 2 hours.

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited December 1969

It being that some fans only frequent their one thread ... this is worth not missing!

http://www.daz3d.com/m4-hero-pro-pack Free atm ; if still showing free, throw it in the cart and PROVIDING it is still reading as free, "buy" it. Can download whenever. :-)

http://www.daz3d.com/m4-hero-pro-pack It's on the Freebie landing page. Last time it was only there for about 2 hours.

WOW! Thanks for the heads up - snagged it!

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

I sometimes demo Studio with a separate account that has never spent any money; all the Content assets are things that were free at DAZ3D (or from ShareCG) at one time or another. The theme of my demo is, 'You too can do rendering without breaking the bank.' The M4 bundle is a new gem in this collection.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Here my tribute

R2D2_rescue.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 664K