The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

I want to write a series of steampunk/horror/erotica novels.. but I can't think of a name! Dang it!

This one is going to require a lot of hot tea and thinking.. all the good names are taken.

Also have to decide if I want to blog about all my books in a single blog, or a blog per series? Agh!

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Quotes? Funny ones and interesting ones too? I have some! :D
    Two muffins are in an oven. One turns to the other and says "Does it feel hot in here to you?”, The second muffin replies "OH MY GOD, a talking muffin!”
    You should learn to never play mind games with an unarmed opponent.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    "I don't know who's the bigger fool. Him for going, you for following, or me for not leaving you both."

edited December 1969

Another RaptorScrap before I head off to my classes.

raptorscraps-5_sm.jpg
    700 x 525 - 322K
    edited August 2012

Hmm.. the raptor appears to be in search of PIZZA!!! :coolsmile:

Finally thought of a title, hero, and general plot for my steampunk horror erotica series, whew! Also got some steampunk novels off Amazon to check out the competition (heh). Man, some reviewers are BRUTAL! I'd better thicken up my skin and forge some armor, I'm going to need it! :ahhh: :bug:

Oh, yeah - I need a pen name now, I can just imagine what my boss would say if he found out what I was writing!!!!!! :ahhh:

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Some Siglines I like.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.
    Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship.

And others I'll not post :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

Complaint. I am hungry almost all the time now.

Non-complaint. I drank some Dr pepper today. First soda I drank in over a week. It was great! I loved it and I finished it before it got too late in the afternoon. I should still be able to sleep tonight.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Feels like I've been at work for hours. Oh, wait... Gettin' to hate these early starts, lunchtime at 0930 just doesn't feel right :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,172
    edited December 1969

Rolling on the floor when I read this:

http://todayentertainment.today.com/_news/2012/08/22/13417610-i-can-paint-that-wait-no-i-cant-amateur-artist-messes-up-century-old-artwork?lite

I couldn’t help draw the “real life, mirroring art” comparison to the “Bean: The Movie” of a few years ago, where my hero Mr. Bean “fixed” Whistler’s Mother as shown in the image below.

Beans_mother.jpg
    500 x 433 - 112K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

http://todayentertainment.today.com/_news/2012/08/22/13417610-i-can-paint-that-wait-no-i-cant-amateur-artist-messes-up-century-old-artwork?lite

I couldn’t help draw the “real life, mirroring art” comparison to the “Bean: The Movie” of a few years ago, where my hero Mr. Bean “fixed” Whistler’s Mother as shown in the image below.

I think I saw that movie. I remember seeing a movie where a guy messed up a painting like that.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2012

wahh total assdragging exxhaustion. had to open up many unmarked boxes to inventory insides. mostly cardwell condensers for ptu's, who'd a thunk it. booboos on my hands from retaping the boxes with my lil packing tape thingamabob.

no clean socks for tomorrow, gonna have to buy socks on the way to da bus stop tomorrow

render from monday night still rendering, gonna leave it rendering one more day, cuz i'm too tired to even sit up at a desk.

did a quick screen grab for posterity.

is the u/l image squisher squishing again? one way to find out :)

omg, too tired to wheel the mousy

crap, trying less pixels,

Untitled-3.png
    1360 x 932 - 931K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    it's a couple hours early for a midnight snack, don't think i can stays awake much longer.

remember the render of biguana with the pizza? that was one of my favorites. :)

Actually it was the Millennium SubDragon :)

yep, thah wuz the one :)

edited December 1969

woah that was a tough day. I made a few enemies. But I was only following orders ! LOL ! No overtime means no overtime, no exceptions, right? I hope so, too tired to care. That is my complaint. On the upside, a little sunlight from a break in the clouds now, and I'm on way home, although the cab I'm in hasn't moved for 5 minutes :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited August 2012

...I tired to DL Studio4.5 from my local hotpspot. Killed it when the remaining time went to One Day, Thirteen hrs.

...and that is with a faster connection than I have from home.

Wish they still had the Burn to CD option. 675 MB is almost impossible DL in any reasonable amount of time unless you have a super high speed fibreoptc connection.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Random grouse" if I want to set a story (or a series) in a place, I'd rather have at least gone there to look around and not make newbie mistakes about what is where or how the place is. I'm working on a series concept that happens in New Orleans, and while I have a couple of nice books about the city and it's history and places, I don't think I can give it real "local flavor" without going - and a bus ride takes 11 hours and costs $290, not including any hotel, local transport, or food! Looks like I'll have to save up for a 4-day research trip.

...interesting,checking the Running Dog website, with a 14 day advance purchase, I get a round trip fare of 134$.

Too bad the train wasn't direct, would be more comfortable

edited December 1969

...the Dragon ate my thread reminder ebot again

...well finally caught up. Now off to bed as it is after midnight

...don't have a magic winged girl with a weapon but do have a sci-fi techno fey with a raygun.

...nitey nite.

kaylee_volume.jpg
    800 x 800 - 339K
    edited August 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the Dragon ate my thread reminder ebot again

...well finally caught up. Now off to bed as it is after midnight

...don't have a magic winged girl with a weapon but do have a sci-fi techno fey with a raygun.

...nitey nite.

Hey real nice fey :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

My stepfather made me watch some reality Tv. I think it was wife swap. I hate reality Tv. Actually I do not really enjoy watching Tv. I have watched too much Tv since getting to my mum's place.

I do not want to stay here anymore.

Really hope things are improving for you by now :)

edited December 1969

Heh Mr Bean tells it like it is :)

edited December 1969

wahh total assdragging exxhaustion. had to open up many unmarked boxes to inventory insides. mostly cardwell condensers for ptu's, who'd a thunk it. booboos on my hands from retaping the boxes with my lil packing tape thingamabob.

no clean socks for tomorrow, gonna have to buy socks on the way to da bus stop tomorrow

render from monday night still rendering, gonna leave it rendering one more day, cuz i'm too tired to even sit up at a desk.

did a quick screen grab for posterity.

is the u/l image squisher squishing again? one way to find out :)

omg, too tired to wheel the mousy

crap, trying less pixels,

Looks good though, did it finish?

edited December 1969

Caught up. I had a real crap day making people work faster than they wanted to. And I hurt my back, think a disc popped when I lugged some gear, is pretty sore now - I guess nothing a relaxing swim wouldn't cure.Ah nuts, too cold to go to the beach, it was hailing today apparently - didn't notice - and there is a snow warning for the hills out of town. WTF snow? oh well.

edited December 1969

Friday! Another day of reading manuals, messing with project setup, and generally wondering why nobody has documented any of this before. Feh.

Glad it's the weekend! I have ribs and chicken wings to cook and will be "indoor grilling" with my liquid smoke and home-made marinating sauces! Fun times! :coolsmile: I need to make a place for my ,monsters sine King Ghidorah arrived, I need to put some money on the VISA and get Godzilla next!! :coolsmile:

BUT.. oh yes.. FRIDAY COMPLAINTS!!!

- I'm burping up French Vanilla coffee (urrppp)
    - Blood glucose is up a bit today for no obvious reason :-S
    - Leg - not foot - is sore today (hamstring?)
    - Need a camera to take pics of my sculptures and cooking
    - All the arugula I ate yesterday is making my intestines "busy" :smirk:
    - Don't want to be at work. Want to be at home sipping hot tea and writing :down:
    - Still need a pen name for my erotica/horror
    - Need a lot more sleep
    - In an iffyily (is that a word?) bad mood
    - Meh, just.. meh.

I think that covers it for today and the weekend.

-

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Caught up. I had a real crap day making people work faster than they wanted to. And I hurt my back, think a disc popped when I lugged some gear, is pretty sore now - I guess nothing a relaxing swim wouldn't cure.Ah nuts, too cold to go to the beach, it was hailing today apparently - didn't notice - and there is a snow warning for the hills out of town. WTF snow? oh well.

remember Snowbug's snow bikini? :)

she hasn't stopped by in a while.

edited December 1969

Friday! Another day of reading manuals, messing with project setup, and generally wondering why nobody has documented any of this before. Feh.

Glad it's the weekend! I have ribs and chicken wings to cook and will be "indoor grilling" with my liquid smoke and home-made marinating sauces! Fun times! :coolsmile: I need to make a place for my ,monsters sine King Ghidorah arrived, I need to put some money on the VISA and get Godzilla next!! :coolsmile:

- Don't want to be at work. Want to be at home sipping hot tea and writing :down:
    - Need a lot more sleep
    - Meh, just.. meh.

-

:lol: i'm sipping french vanilla coffee, too.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

ouchee booboos.

feel better soon!

edited December 1969

- Need a lot more sleep
    - Meh, just.. meh.

-

I hope it doesn't come back up on you! I mean.. it tasted GREAT going down.. but the return trip is NOT pleasant!!! :gulp:

A friend of mine in the distant past came up with Cheryl's Law: "Never eat anything that's going to taste bad on the way back up". Words of wisdom!!! :bug:

I discovered Amazon Kindle Publishing lets you have a pen name and an authors page for the pen name! Yaay! :-) Now I need to cough up for a block of 10 ISBNs.. that's where next weeks earnings will go. urgh. :-S

edited December 1969

huh, doan think i have this one http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dragon-action-poses
    how did i miss this, it comes with xtra morphs too.

edited December 1969

- Need a lot more sleep
    - Meh, just.. meh.

-

I hope it doesn't come back up on you! I mean.. it tasted GREAT going down.. but the return trip is NOT pleasant!!! :gulp:

A friend of mine in the distant past came up with Cheryl's Law: "Never eat anything that's going to taste bad on the way back up". Words of wisdom!!! :bug:

I discovered Amazon Kindle Publishing lets you have a pen name and an authors page for the pen name! Yaay! :-) Now I need to cough up for a block of 10 ISBNs.. that's where next weeks earnings will go. urgh. :-S

i just emailed Bowker about their rates couple weeks ago.
    online it's 250 for a block of ten, if you don't order the log book.

edited December 1969

@Misty: yeah, that's where I was looking - $250 is what I'm looking at. I can't imagine doing more than 10 books in the next 3 years unless I win the lotto and can write full-time! But you never know... I need to cram $250 on to my VISA since they don't take Paypal (sigh).

Non-complaint: my plush lionfish shipped! It'll be here Monday!!! My two plush snakes are happy with their new iguana friend but they want a fishie friend too - this new fella will do the job nicely (and he looks pretty fancy as well).

Argh, much to do, too sleepy to do it, tummy too unhappy for more coffee. Feh!

edited August 2012

Tea Raptor? http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5099259/

Also on T-Shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/deinonychus_inc.502387075
    @Misty: I have that dragon pose pack, and it often screws up my scenes since it tried to force the absurd looking morphs into the pose each time I load one - sometimes even when using an Undo. The poses are mostly okay, some fairly good, but I could do without the head morph being applied in each and every one.
    @Wooly: I like that quote XD

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Tea Raptor? http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5099259/

Also on T-Shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/deinonychus_inc.502387075
    @Misty: I have that dragon pose pack, and it often screws up my scenes since it tried to force the absurd looking morphs into the pose each time I load one - sometimes even when using an Undo. The poses are mostly okay, some fairly good, but I could do without the head morph being applied in each and every one.
    @Wooly: I like that quote XD

Teaaaaaaaaaaaaa Raptorrrrrrrrrrr! I want the t-shirt.. I'm a tea loving loach! Said as I sip my black tea with mango... :coolsmile:

All quotes are free! %-P

This discussion has been closed.