Updating CMS

I downloaded the new Version of DazStudio and the Booting does not Finish.

I got the Message "Updating CMS" and that was it. He starts to work but the Programm does not Start.

I tried it with DazCentral and DIMM Installer. Both the same. What should i do ?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,710

You got a messagebox or saw that on the splash screen?  Was it just an version upgrade of Daz Studio or a brand new installation?

• I got the message on the Splashscreen. I freshly installed Windows 11 and made a Update.

The PQCMS is not working correctly. I got the actual version of DAZStudio.

edited March 2023

Jenner2005_214fc98680 said:

I got the message on the Splashscreen. I freshly installed Windows 11 and made a Update.

I've not upgraded to win11 yet.. Have you checked cms status in DIM? that 'database button' in the upper right corner showing started or not? (white - started, gray - stopped) . If it's gray, click to start it... or try to fully re-install PostgreSQL package in DIM or using EXE file.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

I got the message on the Splashscreen. I freshly installed Windows 11 and made a Update.

I've not upgraded to win11 yet.. Have you checked cms status in DIM? that 'database button' in the upper right corner showing started or not? (white - started, gray - stopped) . If it's gray, click to start it... or try to fully re-install PostgreSQL package in DIM or using EXE file.

If you install using DIM (or Daz Central) it is a bad idea to then install using the stand-alone  .exe. Mixing methods is likely to lead to confusion and conflict.

• I deleted all Files and reinstalled the Content. The Database Icon in all Files is Grayed out. If i press the Database Icon Left of the Settings i can first stop the CMS, and if i click again he tries to connect with teh CMS.

I tryed to start DAZStudio in Dimm but it takes forever. I am using Windows 11. Nothing happens if i use the Database Icon. All Files are grayed out at the Database Icon.

• The Help of the icon says that there is no Metadata for this Package.

I installed with the Download Manager in the Opening Site.

• JazzyJazzy Posts: 21

I deleted all Files and reinstalled the Content. The Database Icon in all Files is Grayed out. If i press the Database Icon Left of the Settings i can first stop the CMS, and if i click again he tries to connect with teh CMS.

I tryed to start DAZStudio in Dimm but it takes forever. I am using Windows 11. Nothing happens if i use the Database Icon. All Files are grayed out at the Database Icon.

Jenner2005 - I've had nothing but issues with attempting to do a fresh install on my machines.  The issue is the same for both the PC and Mac OS using W11 Pro and Monterey.  I did not bother with using Daz Central, but attempted at least 8 times on each platform to go direct from DIM.  DIM installs fine, but Daz Studio refuses to install after the download....and let's not get started on anything related to PostgreSQL/CMS nightmare.  I thought at first it may be an Apple thing, but was proven wrong when I switched to W11.

I hope you're able to get this figured out to share some insight with some of the rest of us who have rolled out efforts to complete fresh installs.

The Help of the icon says that there is no Metadata for this Package.

I installed with the Download Manager in the Opening Site.

Have you had these issues fixed, or any progress?

edited April 2023

I deleted all Files and reinstalled the Content. The Database Icon in all Files is Grayed out. If i press the Database Icon Left of the Settings i can first stop the CMS, and if i click again he tries to connect with teh CMS.

I just had a fresh Win11 installed on one of my laptops. Then after installing DIM / DS etc,  I've not seen any issue so far..

As for product installation, pls make sure CMS service is started beforehand (clicking on it toggles started / stopped). And some light grey icons like below are fine since there's no metadata in that 'file pack'...

As for the failure of DS startup (no matter in DIM or from desktop shortcut etc.),  pls try:
    File Browser - path: %appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\..  Delete the file named 'dazstudio.dau'. Then start DS, see if it works...

Post edited by crosswind on