What are the different ways to save a Dforce Hair simulation?

Here are the only two methods I know of so far.

1. Export Dforce Hair Simulation as an OBJ, but this doesn't always work, as is the case with Dforce Virigin Hair. So I assume it won't work with other Dforce Hairs, however this does work with Dforce Classic Long Hair, especially since specific instructions were provided.

2. Save the simulated Dforce Hair via Scene Subset, which saves the hair and its simulation data. First, unparent the Dforce Hair after it's been simulated (note: it may appear broken, but will be fine after you re-parent it back to Genesis model).  You can then add this saved hair to a new scene, then parent it to Genesis 8.  It saves the simulation data, so if you click clear under simulation settings, the hair will get restored to its unsimulated state.

These are the only two methods I found of saving Dforce hair after it's been simulated.  Are there any other ways?  It would be great if there was a Save Simulation to Content Library option or Save Simulation As Morph option.  

In the case of a Genesis 8 model standing in a default position, it would be nice to have Dforce Hair have default simulated morphs for the most common poses, example: standing normal, sitting normal, hand stand, down on all fours, etc.

Comments

• Tried the scene subset method with Biscuits Jam hair. Does not work. Once parented back to the G8F figure, it was still "broken" - nothing like the simulated shape it was in before originally unparenting it.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Flortale said:

Have a third one: dForce2Morph by RiverSoftArt. It's working on the "real" dForce hair variants - and probably on those hair products using the cloth dForce style, too - and adds a morph of the dForced hair to the hair. As it is a Merchant Resourse it can be used to produce morph packs to be sold, as the basic hair product isn't changed. And RiverSoftArt stated here that they don't object to giving them morphs away as freeware either.

Easy to use, too. Just run the simulation once (or as often as you need to, to get it looking perfectly) and then use the script. A morph will be made and the .dsf file will be saved in the data directiory with the name etc that you stated in the script box. Makes it easy to remove the morph in case of problems (hadn't any yet, though).

And the best thing is, it works for clothes, too.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,928

maikdecker said:

Flortale said:

Have a third one: dForce2Morph by RiverSoftArt. It's working on the "real" dForce hair variants - and probably on those hair products using the cloth dForce style, too - and adds a morph of the dForced hair to the hair. As it is a Merchant Resourse it can be used to produce morph packs to be sold, as the basic hair product isn't changed. And RiverSoftArt stated here that they don't object to giving them morphs away as freeware either.

Easy to use, too. Just run the simulation once (or as often as you need to, to get it looking perfectly) and then use the script. A morph will be made and the .dsf file will be saved in the data directiory with the name etc that you stated in the script box. Makes it easy to remove the morph in case of problems (hadn't any yet, though).

You can also save those morphs for that hair item via puppeteer, so you can have multiple morphs in the same scene, or just save it as the hair's puppeteer asset!

• takezo_3001 said:

maikdecker said:

Flortale said:

You can also save those morphs for that hair item via puppeteer, so you can have multiple morphs in the same scene, or just save it as the hair's puppeteer asset!

Ohhh, that's a great tip. Thanks! 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

takezo_3001 said:

maikdecker said:

Flortale said:

I haven't tried right now, but if you do several simulations from the base hair, each will be saved in the data directory and applied to the hair when loaded as a morph slider... so imho no need to jump through extra hoops