Old Interrogation Room seem low quality ?

The product Old Interrogation Room seem like an interesting scene.  But I cannot help noticing that the textures look really low quality.

The PA Tesla3dCorp usually make good quality products, but looking at images in the product page it ain't helping selling it.

Are the renders just bad or is it really what I see is what I would get ?

https://www.daz3d.com/old-interrogation-room

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

Yeah, it's funny how the table and chairs look brand new from Ikea and the doors textures look like they are very low resolution, LOL

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,797

FSMCDesigns said:

Yeah, it's funny how the table and chairs look brand new from Ikea and the doors textures look like they are very low resolution, LOL

it's only an old interrogation room

nothing said about the age of the furniture 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

FSMCDesigns said:

You're missing the point.  According to the screenshots the textures looks really bad (except for table and chairs).

Look at the very first screenshot and check out the door leaning against the wall.  This isn't aged furniture like you said, it is bad textures.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

hansmolleman33 said:

Look at the very first screenshot and check out the door leaning against the wall.  This isn't aged furniture like you said, it is bad textures.

It's weird. It looks like a normal render that's been put through a "watercolor" filter.

Oh well, if you don't like the new old interrogation room product, there's plenty of old new interrogation rooms to choose from:

They're almost as popular as bus stops

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,417
    edited March 2023

chris-2599934 said:

hansmolleman33 said:

It's weird. It looks like a normal render that's been put through a "watercolor" filter.

Oh well, if you don't like the new old interrogation room product, there's plenty of old new interrogation rooms to choose from:

One starts to wonder... Do the creators have intimate knowledge of both?... There must be lot of creators working in the law enforcement wink 

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,060

The look of the walls and door seems like a result of something done in post with Photoshop. And yes, it's jarring how sharp the furniture is by comparison. I wonder if they were rendered separately, using canvases and put totether in Photoshop. Makes me wan't to buy the product just to test.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,417

lou_harper said:

The look of the walls and door seems like a result of something done in post with Photoshop. And yes, it's jarring how sharp the furniture is by comparison. I wonder if they were rendered separately, using canvases and put totether in Photoshop. Makes me wan't to buy the product just to test.

I have it in my cart, but waiting for additional offers that often pop up around 1PM to 4PM DazTime 

• PerttiA said:

chris-2599934 said:

hansmolleman33 said:

One starts to wonder... Do the creators have intimate knowledge of both?... There must be lot of creators working in the law enforcement wink 

Transit cops, apparently.
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,594

lou_harper said:

Makes me wan't to buy the product just to test.

Then perhaps the promo images are working as intended? ;)

SofaCitizen said:

lou_harper said:

In a weird way. :P It is an interesting environment with all sorts of possible uses.

lou_harper said:

SofaCitizen said:

lou_harper said:

In a weird way. :P It is an interesting environment with all sorts of possible uses.

Agreed. I can see lots of uses for the room in my projects, but I would never pair that table and chairs set with the room for a render

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

It looks like compression artefacts in the promos rather than the product but can't be 100% positive.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

The door and walls may look bad due to postwork or compression or whatever but that doesn't explain the wire mesh. That is clearly a very badly mismatched texture and transparency map in too low a resolution.

• I would buy it just to test render but I'm too lazy to ask for a refund if it turns out to be bad textures.  =(

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,900

You could swap in any texture and it's going to look perfectly fine. I know I rarely use textures that are included in sets anyways, I always swap things in from Quixel Megascans. 

benniewoodell said:

You could swap in any texture and it's going to look perfectly fine. I know I rarely use textures that are included in sets anyways, I always swap things in from Quixel Megascans. 

I swap textures often, but rarely on bulidings and interiors. Mostly because in my experience, to get a quality realistic look, tileable textures don't do the job. You need UV specific ones with some AO thrown in.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    This seems to be the result of using the denoiser.
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

hansmolleman33 said:

The PA Tesla3dCorp usually make good quality products

name one... 

benniewoodell said:

While at it, why not just make the entire environment set yourself from Quixel assets.  

You cant use any decals from Quixel at moment to break up textures with dirt, grime etc, because the iray decals are currently broken in Daz Studio if they have opacity maps (the projected decals dont interact with shadow at moment). So paying a PA to make good texture is kind of needed, and is kind of value proposition of buying on daz marketplace.

lilweep said:

hansmolleman33 said:

name one... 

and how many uncombine along the timeline? wink 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

WendyLuvsCatz said:

lilweep said:

hansmolleman33 said:

name one... 

and how many uncombine along the timeline? wink 

Pediatric Clinic Waiting Area & Elementary Recreational Facility. I haven't heavily scrutinised these, but they did what I needed them to do. Nor have I fully tested the others I own. I have to dForce and save a morph prior to adding the environment; so, I don't know how many have that issue. 

are more I own but haven't taken note, probably all the ones I fixed and resaved

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138

FSMCDesigns said:

I like your answer! I'll give you a 10 out of 10

lilweep said:

hansmolleman33 said:

name one... 

That is harsh. Glad I am not the PA and having to read that. I find their products useful because they are not resource heavy like some other well known PAs that I rarely buy from because of how taxing they are when you actually add figures, clothes and hair into the scene.

• inception8inception8 Posts: 280
    edited March 2023

FSMCDesigns said:

lilweep said:

hansmolleman33 said:

name one... 

That is harsh. Glad I am not the PA and having to read that.

I'd welcome harsh criticism. It might be fun.

Post edited by inception8 on

FSMCDesigns said:

lilweep said:

hansmolleman33 said:

name one... 

That is harsh. Glad I am not the PA and having to read that. I find their products useful because they are not resource heavy like some other well known PAs that I rarely buy from because of how taxing they are when you actually add figures, clothes and hair into the scene.

I said some critical stuff about them here too if they feel like reading: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/403976/dekogon-have-said-they-might-be-bringing-products-to-daz/p2 ;

edited March 2023

I did buy it and did a quick test render. I added a  couple of ghost lights. The wall texture looks fine. The door is okay, but the wire mesh is really bad. Click on image for full size.

test.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 340K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
  • inception8inception8 Posts: 280
    edited March 2023

With regard to the chain link fence just took a closer look myself. If you click on the 5th promo image with the fence specifically you can clearly see the pixelation (looks more like a transmap not a mesh) in the chain links.

I have it at full size on a 27 inch monitor and it is clear as a bell.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 204122.png
    880 x 780 - 1M
    Post edited by inception8 on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

PerttiA said:

chris-2599934 said:

hansmolleman33 said:

Or DAZ employs prison labor?  :D  Hey, it's probably a better job than making license plates all day...

• I did buy it and did a quick test render. I added a  couple of ghost lights. The wall texture looks fine. The door is okay, but the wire mesh is really bad. Click on image for full size.

Thanks for taking the bullet for us. I'll pass on that one.