How can I make this map with more light?

Hey!

I bought this map : XI Dwarven Dwelling | Daz 3D

I really like this map but only if I delete the cave have a good light , If the map how it is its very darkness , How can I make it like daylight?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,762
    edited March 2023

As it's an in-cave scene and there's no render settings given by the author, the quickest way of making it lighter is to decrease Exposure Value in Render Settings, e.g. setting it to 7.0 ~

SNAG-2023-3-4-0009.png
    1920 x 1050 - 3M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

As it's an in-cave scene and there's no render settings given by the author, the quickest way of making it lighter is to decrease Exposure Value in Render Settings, e.g. setting it to 7.0 ~

Thanks , Well I know that option but its rise the rendering time sometimes and it also make sometimes the models skins looks diffrent , I always love to use the first light when the sky are open but when you have some roof you cant use this light anymore.

I will try it out with what you did as well maybe it will work well on my models there. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,762

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

Thanks , Well I know that option but its rise the rendering time sometimes and it also make sometimes the models skins looks diffrent , I always love to use the first light when the sky are open but when you have some roof you cant use this light anymore.

I will try it out with what you did as well maybe it will work well on my models there. 

It depends on the views you're making ... Well it's a big cave indeed, for a full view of the scene, placing lots of lights in there to lit it is not a good option as the more lights you have the more time it'll take to render, even the result will not be good. But if there's a dwarf working in a corner and you wanna make a close-up view of him, you may put a couple of lights there and don't have to set a low Exposure Value.. Just case by case...

• crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

It depends on the views you're making ... Well it's a big cave indeed, for a full view of the scene, placing lots of lights in there to lit it is not a good option as the more lights you have the more time it'll take to render, even the result will not be good. But if there's a dwarf working in a corner and you wanna make a close-up view of him, you may put a couple of lights there and don't have to set a low Exposure Value.. Just case by case...

The problem I always had with daz3d its the closed maps , When it street and have open sky the lights are perfect! when you close and make roof or make close map the problem start.

Wish was option to make the walls and roof invisible to make the light come in haha 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

foxyfoxfurries said:

The problem I always had with daz3d its the closed maps , When it street and have open sky the lights are perfect! when you close and make roof or make close map the problem start.

Wish was option to make the walls and roof invisible to make the light come in haha 

The problem with doing that is the image will no longer be in a cave but outside it :) When taking pictures inside a closed space you either have to add more lights or change the camera settings for low light.

• Fishtales said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

The problem with doing that is the image will no longer be in a cave but outside it :) When taking pictures inside a closed space you either have to add more lights or change the camera settings for low light.

Hahaha yes I understand , I really love to use daz but I always have problems with the lights when it comes to closed rooms 

• Why are you calling these maps? Are you thinking of game levels, which I think can be called maps sometimes?

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

Here might be ghost lights helpful.
    Daz 3D

• Masterstroke said:

Here might be ghost lights helpful.
    Daz 3D

I have some of this as well , I will try to search something on it as well thank you