How to create link(djl) files for all directories in DS?(solved, there's a script in the wiki)

edited March 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion

Just looking for a way to automate/speed up the process.

Thanks goe out to Richard Haseltine, for the link.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/specific_ui/create_asset_links/start

Post edited by DrunkMonkeyProductions on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,262

You can do it per product from the Products view (instead of selecting multiple assets in each folder for every product). Not all products at once, but only once per product. Still a daunting task for those with thousands of products, or tens of thousands.

Now that would be a good feature request. You can categorize entire folder trees, why not create Asset Links?

• NorthOf45 said:

You can do it per product from the Products view (instead of selecting multiple assets in each folder for every product). Not all products at once, but only once per product. Still a daunting task for those with thousands of products, or tens of thousands.

Now that would be a good feature request. You can categorize entire folder trees, why not create Asset Links?

Which tab are you in to do that?

I checked the 'products' section of the, not so, Smart content tab, and there's no option there to 'create link files'.

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

NorthOf45 said:

Which tab are you in to do that?

I checked the 'products' section of the, not so, Smart content tab, and there's no option there to 'create link files'.

Content Library, Products (1-9, A-Z). I did just realize that all links end up in the same folder, though, so if there are several different folders, and little to differentiate the files, or even files with the same name in different folders, that could be problematic.

• NorthOf45 said:

Content Library, Products (1-9, A-Z). I did just realize that all links end up in the same folder, though, so if there are several different folders, and little to differentiate the files, or even files with the same name in different folders, that could be problematic.

CSM/Smart content solutions are not an option, due to me not installing the meta-data(support) files, and having far too much content that lacks it to begin with.

I'll clarify a bit on my initial post.

As for the behavior of file placement, to get around that, create a completely separate directory, and put it at the top of the directory list in CDM(Content directory manager). I use a folder called 'links'(totally original, eh? lol.)

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

NorthOf45 said:

CSM/Smart content solutions are not an option, due to me not installing the meta-data(support) files, and having far too much content that lacks it to begin with.

I'll clarify a bit on my initial post.

As for the behavior of file placement, to get around that, create a completely separate directory, and put it at the top of the directory list in CDM(Content directory manager). I use a folder called 'links'(totally original, eh? lol.)

I meant a folder per product, but still...

edited March 2023

No, wait. It will recreate the folder structure of the product. That will make it simple to move around. I just happened to pick a random product that had all files in one folder.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on