The I Miss the Old Days Complaint Thread

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,927
    edited February 2023

seems I have been banned from the Libray of Congress media website blush

https://www.loc.gov/film-and-videos/?q=dancer&st=gallery&c=160

I just wanted to credit the public domain film by Thomas Edison I used for my AI video so was browsing to find it again

here is a YouTube upload by someone

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760

My scale doesn't work.  I think the batteries are dead?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

NylonGirl said:

Well maybe this is my first "non-complaint". But we too have a scale. And it's an electronic one. If you stand on it then it shows your weight, but after a few seconds it shows the weight of whoever was standing on it before you. Sometimes I stand on the scale and after it shows my weight, it shows the previous weight is 14.2 pounds. And I know that means one of our cats was standing on the scale. It's a simple pleasure to me to know our cat was there.

As a side note, I noticed our all black cat used to be lighter than the black and white one, but it has somehow taken the title as heaviest cat. Maybe it ate a cookie or two.

Or possibly the cats are using the scale as a shipping scale... With cats you never know side gig they've got going.

Maybe that is why they are hunting birds; to ship them to their customers?

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited February 2023

The view from the living room tonight , 20CM more overnight, temps to the low -20C range by midweek.

winter_feb.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 464K
    Post edited by hacsart on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

...I don't envy you.  Here it is supposed to get down to 20°F this week which is 17° below the normal low temperature here  teh forecast is calling for 1 - 2" of snow on Wednesday which for here is a major snowfall.

I left Wisconsin 43 years ago to get away form this.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

kyoto kid said:

...I don't envy you.  Here it is supposed to get down to 20°F this week which is 17° below the normal low temperature here  teh forecast is calling for 1 - 2" of snow on Wednesday which for here is a major snowfall.

I left Wisconsin 43 years ago to get away form this.

Thannks for letting me know about this. It's supposed to drop to 17 Thursday night here in Eugene. Wednesday/Thursday morning it's supposed to have mixed snow and rain, then rain, then snow, get to 34 and drop back to 30 a little before I am to catch my bus to a medical appointment. Now that I use a cane, I don't do ice. . .

I guess it's time to reschedule my appointment.

I guess this isn't the time to mention the heatwave?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,581

Complaint; It isn't fun, when work is interfering with browsing the store and forums...

PerttiA said:

Complaint; It isn't fun, when work is interfering with browsing the store and forums...

true.  The forums are logged off but the store is still logged in.  That causes a loop of log off and log in cycling.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,224
    edited February 2023

@ hacsart:  So you're the one corraling our winter weather.surprise  Let those wild winter winds loose.indecision   Our spring flowers are confused.sad

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Since when is February 21st the start of March may I ask?

Looks at calendar.  Thinks about it.  Nope it isn't March yet?

• The people at DAZ march to a different drummer.blush

• LeatherGryphon said:

The people at DAZ march to a different drummer.blush

a wind up one

• LeatherGryphon said:

Apparently a really quick one it seems...

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030

Uh-huh...

LeatherGryphon said:

Maybe it's their version of daylight saving laugh 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103

The Don't Rush It...It's Only February Complaint Thread.

Dana

I know...I'm too early.

Dana

I think Mardi Gras is today?

710DE94D-0305-4D87-A194-D11F4578DECF.jpeg
    1544 x 885 - 511K

I am having a difficult time unzipping a bunch of poser zip files.  I don't know why.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,544

Sfariah said:

I got one of those orange banners that says "enjoy your mardi gras gift". I didn't click on it because I assume I have to buy something in order to get this "gift". 

• NylonGirl said:

Sfariah said:

I got one of those orange banners that says "enjoy your mardi gras gift". I didn't click on it because I assume I have to buy something in order to get this "gift". 

At least you got one.

Complaint:I didn't get any orange banner offers. 

I didn't see any color banner on any of the daz pages.

Charlie Judge said:

NylonGirl said:

Sfariah said:

At least you got one.

Complaint:I didn't get any orange banner offers. 

Me, neither.

Dana 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

...nope, none here, and I even lived in New Orleans for a while. 

@NylonGirl   ...yeah, you're probably right, and it would require new G9 items or a bundle. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,224
    edited February 2023

I got a banner.cheeky  It said they missed me and offered 20% off if I would come back and buy some $#%@!$# G9 bundle.no  20% might be a good tip in a sit down restaurant, but it's not an expected discount on DAZ stuff.frown  I suspect we're being trained to not expect so much discount as in the past.  Good luck with that.indecision

My G9 collection is limited to the free naked G9 basic.  And there it will stay,  I'm still having fun with M4, Gn & G2, and sometimes G3, but beyond that, I'd just be duplicating items that already work well enough for me.  And besides, AI is killing all my enthusiasm for DAZ, like it killed all my interest in chess.  angry  AI, bah humbug!

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Non-complaint:  Wheee... the snow is back, but the forecast predicts that most of the current storm will miss me.  Just enough snow to make it look like February.  Daffodills and Crocus are still confused though.indecision

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Wheee... the snow is back, but the forecast predicts that most of the current storm will miss me.  Just enough snow to make it look like February.  Daffodills and Crocus are still confused though.indecision

I would have been happy if it didn't come back, but last weekend we got some 6-8 inches of it and the temperatures are hovering at -5C to -13C... The kids that do go out are happy as this week is their 'skiing' vacation, but I'm looking forward to next week when the temperature is predicted to go above freezing again.

This discussion has been closed.