Question about DForce on multiple characters in scene

Hi, Im new to using Force and have a question about simulating DForce clothing on multiple characters in a scene. I imagine I have to simulte one character and then the other. Whats the easiest eay of doing it, do you hide the one character while running the simulations on the other? And does this that characters simulations from happening? And how  do you do it when the pose has them interacting, like a cuddle or kiss? 

Comments

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 745

Andrew_C said:

I imagine I have to simulte one character and then the other.

No; do them all at once.  It's nothing to do with characters; dForce works on surfaces and those are on the wardrobe/attachments.  They're maybe attached to a character or rigged to a character but dForce doesn't know.

And how  do you do it when the pose has them interacting, like a cuddle or kiss? 

So it's the surfaces.  If you have an undergarment and something that is over it and both are dForced it might work if they are dForced together but more likely, particularly if either is rigged, it will be necessary to do the undergarment first then freeze its simulation and do the overgarment, having first made sure that the overgarment starts off actually over.  Normally this doesn't work, but it can be made to work, eventually; it is a lot of work.

More commonly I do this with dForce hair; I do everything else first, freeze everything else, then do the hair.

In all cases simply hide (eyeball out) the things you don't want in the next step of the simulation, freeze everything that is done and always save to a new file before each step.  The latest versions of DAZ/NVidia are a lot better at recovering from dForce crashes but, all the same, you might just have to terminate DAZ with extreme prejudice.

• Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 87
    edited February 2023

Thanks! That will be very helpful

Yeah, I ran into a crash when I was trying to simulate a scene with 2 characters with DForce clothing, which was actually why I made this post, to find what I was doing wrong.

Post edited by Andrew_C on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,807
    edited February 2023

It's simple ~ just use Simulate Selected as per what you want. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/620886/can-you-simulate-only-one-thing-during-a-simulation#latest

In your case, select 2 figures + the garments you want to simulate, then the dynamic surfaces of the selected garments will collide with both of the figures.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 87
    edited February 2023

Thanks!

So I was wondering what arwe some typical things that cause the simulation to barf in these situations?

Also, if hiding disables it from the simulation does that mean if I'm worried about the hands or hair interesecting with the dress I hide them?

ED also how do you freeze a simulation? cant see that in the Simulation settings panel. 

Post edited by Andrew_C on