anyone knows how to fix this?

today, i opened the MistyLara Janette for Carrara , which usually work, but got this

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,799

just tried mine and loaded fine..

only guess is that the location for G3 F morphs on your hard drive has changed since you last used it successfully surprise

• any idea how to fix it?  lol

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Simple!  Just make sure the morph packs exist in the same directory structure from which you launched Janette

• My content folder is intact, and I reinstalled the Misty characters And it still pops up, if I add Janette But if I create a character, using Janette, in Daz studio, and save it as a scene subset, it opens
  • also, i keep getting this error "Error: node name://%40selection/Genesis3Female: not found"

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

invisigoth said:

My content folder is intact, and I reinstalled the Misty characters And it still pops up, if I add Janette But if I create a character, using Janette, in Daz studio, and save it as a scene subset, it opens

Then that is your solution.  The Misty preset is not the problem, but possibly the data folder it is referencing.  Start from scratch.  I've done that alot.

• I get a strange feeling, whenever I think about deleting my content folder. Lol
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited February 2023

invisigoth said:

I get a strange feeling, whenever I think about deleting my content folder. Lol

just move the Genesis 3 data folder and reinstall the starter essentials
    your drive:\My DAZ 3D Library\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 

test then add back all the additional morphs until you find the culprit

can do it in alphabetical blocks

however if it works in DAZ studio it may be your path in Carrara

in which case you may need to delete your browser link and readd it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • now i keep getting this, after adding shaders ... any idea?

sorry for all the problems, i stepped away from carrara for a couple years, and now it's like i need to relearn it all over again

Screenshot 2023-02-24 133644.png
    408 x 125 - 8K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,799

usually happens to me when the saved file size is nearing or more than 4 gig ... which happens a lot if using Genesis and not clearing out unused objects and shaders .. some have success by changing the file name extension to zip and unzipping the contents but it has never worked for me. So I just try to keep my file sizes as low as possible. smiley

• invisigothinvisigoth Posts: 155
    edited February 2023

there isn't anything in the scene

Stezza said:

usually happens to me when the saved file size is nearing or more than 4 gig ... which happens a lot if using Genesis and not clearing out unused objects and shaders .. some have success by changing the file name extension to zip and unzipping the contents but it has never worked for me. So I just try to keep my file sizes as low as possible. smiley

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on