SCI-FI Celebration

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Robotech: Fight to the Death

Robotech: Fight to the Death

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited December 2022

@tkdrobert - I've enjoyed your last couple of posts since checking in last - thanks for keeping this thread vibrant.  Your images always embody the spirit and adventure of various sci-fi experiences.  This is my favorite of the most recent - I like the power and kind of 'majesty' of the composition and camera angle.   Well done, as always.

tkdrobert said: On Patrol

On Patrol

Post edited by bohemian3 on

bohemian3 said:

@tkdrobert - I've enjoyed your last couple of posts since checking in last - thanks for keeping this thread vibrant.  Your images always embody the spirit and adventure of various sci-fi experiences.  This is my favorite of the most recent - I like the power and kind of 'majesty' of the composition and camera angle.   Well done, as always.

tkdrobert said: On Patrol

On Patrol

Thank you.  I'm a Mecha Manaic.

Shaak Ti as depicted in The Force Unleashed video game

Shaak Ti

• junkjunk Posts: 1,212

SPACE CRIMES-The Unassuming
    LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE

I know it's not sci-fi from the scene but the premise and where the stories always exist are science fiction and noire in origin.  If I find the time to create a follow up image, it will absolutely be more sci-fi.

junk said:

I know it's not sci-fi from the scene but the premise and where the stories always exist are science fiction and noire in origin.  If I find the time to create a follow up image, it will absolutely be more sci-fi.

Quite nice.

Okay this one is scifi in nature but it's also just Wizard of Oz re-imagined.

Wizard of Oz - Going Home

OZ: "I AM OZ!  THE GREAT AND POWERFUL.  WHO ARE YOU?"

* dorothy and the others are too afraid to answer

OZ: "WHO ARE YOU!?"

Dorothy: 
    "If you please..." 
    "I am dorothy..."
    "The small and meak"
    "We've come to ask you..."

OZ: "SILENCE!"

YOUTUBE LINK

Gundam

Gundam RX-78-2

Sentai Warriors

Sentai Warriors

SPACE CRIMES - Poker (What Year Is It?)
    SPACE CRIMES-Poker (What Year is it?)

In this image I was wanting to bring the new "bad guy" named "Doctor" back into the story along with possibly an accomplice. "Jade" in this case from an older scene in teams all playing cards trying to outmaneuver the other. Kind of the dance that takes place in storylines but portrayed through Poker.

SIDE NOTE:  The server is actually considered quite handsome on his home world. Just not so much from our perspective. :)

Jade:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#image=1201909

Doctor:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#image=1265450

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009

junk said:

Dorothy: 
    "If you please..." 
    "I am dorothy..."
    "The small and meak"

YOUTUBE LINK

This is by far my favorite of yours junk... Oz is short for my RL last name ;) 

Happy Hunting

Happy Hunting

• tkdrobert said:

Happy Hunting

Happy Hunting

Looks good! You definitely have a knack for cool-looking mechs.

Happy New Year, btw.

• junk said:

SPACE CRIMES - Poker (What Year Is It?)
    SPACE CRIMES-Poker (What Year is it?)

In this image I was wanting to bring the new "bad guy" named "Doctor" back into the story along with possibly an accomplice. "Jade" in this case from an older scene in teams all playing cards trying to outmaneuver the other. Kind of the dance that takes place in storylines but portrayed through Poker.

SIDE NOTE:  The server is actually considered quite handsome on his home world. Just not so much from our perspective. :)

Jade:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#image=1201909

Doctor:
    https://www.daz3d.Vcom/gallery/#image=1265450

Very cool. You get a lot of personality in this piece. All in all, very nice, but I am puzzled by the position of the woman's card (next to that handsome server). It looks like she's showing it to him. Other than that, though, I think the poses and body language are really quite nicely done and add to the story you're telling. Well done.

• junk said:

This does read more as Steampunk or Cyberpunk, but those are sub-genres of sci-fi, so I doubt the moderator will mind (he's a nice guy). Your poses and lighting  definitely sell the "noir" aspect of the story.  If you want to add a little more sci-fi to it, consider adding something to the background like an electronic sign or video screen; even some little details (like a distant robot) can do a lot to mix up our perceptions and more strongly tie the illustrations to the sci-fi theme. On the other hand, not every pic has to have those elements. For instance, I'm working on a pulp sci-fi story and there are several scenes that could be right out of an Indiana Jones movie set in the 1930s (sorry, no pics to share, I'm still working on thumbnails and concept art). Anyway, great work; please keep at it. This is fun to look at.

BTW, when i first saw this, I instantly thought of the old Shadowrun game from the 1980s-90s.

mmitchell_houston said:

tkdrobert said:

Happy Hunting

Happy Hunting

Looks good! You definitely have a knack for cool-looking mechs.

Happy New Year, btw.

Good to hear from you.  Happy New Year.  I'm a mecha maniac!

Llola Lane said:

junk said:

Dorothy: 
    "If you please..." 
    "I am dorothy..."
    "The small and meak"

YOUTUBE LINK

This is by far my favorite of yours junk... Oz is short for my RL last name ;) 

Oh now that is a fun and very cool factoid!  I think I'd walk a foot taller honestly if my last name was "Oz".   Also thank you very much for saying Llola Lane! 

edited January 2023

mmitchell_houston said:

This does read more as Steampunk or Cyberpunk, but those are sub-genres of sci-fi, so I doubt the moderator will mind (he's a nice guy). Your poses and lighting  definitely sell the "noir" aspect of the story.  If you want to add a little more sci-fi to it, consider adding something to the background like an electronic sign or video screen; even some little details (like a distant robot) can do a lot to mix up our perceptions and more strongly tie the illustrations to the sci-fi theme. On the other hand, not every pic has to have those elements. For instance, I'm working on a pulp sci-fi story and there are several scenes that could be right out of an Indiana Jones movie set in the 1930s (sorry, no pics to share, I'm still working on thumbnails and concept art). Anyway, great work; please keep at it. This is fun to look at.

BTW, when i first saw this, I instantly thought of the old Shadowrun game from the 1980s-90s.

Those are great ideas and I wish I had done something like the video screen to bring it to mind that this is more sci-fi than steampunk.  Thank you Mmitchell for your time and thoughts!  I'd love to see how your pulp sci-fi story is coming along.  Sounds very very interesting! 

In that Space Crimes - Poker game.  You are so right that she is accientally revealing the card to the waiter but more of a confidence stance and that I have them placed so close together.  I was trying to get attitude from her but it turned out more like as you say... showing her card to him.  Unfortunate accident

Oh and tkdrobert is a freaking awesome person from what my interactions with him!  Plus his heart is in one of the best places.... SCI-FI!

Post edited by junk on

Man and his Mecha

tkdrobert said:

Man and his Mecha

Alwyas the coolest! 

junk said:

tkdrobert said:

Man and his Mecha

Alwyas the coolest! 

Thanks kitbashed the hell out of this mecha.

Space Crimes - ChatGPT AI Created Story
    Space Crimes-ChatGPT

This image is created in Daz Studio of course with post editing.  However the story that influenced this poster image was generated by ChatGPT AI.  I'm still trying to embrace this new world where AI can answer medical questions, write stories, write songs, convert any phrase to Shakespeare, create code in any language even in Commodore 64 basic!

Story, assets utilized and text prompt used in ChatGPT AI are all in the link above.

junk said:

Space Crimes - ChatGPT AI Created Story
    Space Crimes-ChatGPT

This image is created in Daz Studio of course with post editing.  However the story that influenced this poster image was generated by ChatGPT AI.  I'm still trying to embrace this new world where AI can answer medical questions, write stories, write songs, convert any phrase to Shakespeare, create code in any language even in Commodore 64 basic!

Story, assets utilized and text prompt used in ChatGPT AI are all in the link above.

Nice image.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755
    edited January 2023

AQUA RUNNER

Aqua Runner by Drew Spence

AQUA RUNNER JPEG 2500.jpg
    2500 x 1661 - 3M
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on

Griffin Avid said:

AQUA RUNNER

Aqua Runner by Drew Spence

Cool.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755
    edited January 2023

Thank you sir. You still upset me that you won't make a damn comic already.

Force Six The Annihilators Jackie-5 The Forge

Jackie-5 and AMMO in the Forge.jpg
    2500 x 1656 - 3M
    Post edited by Griffin Avid on
  •  

Drew Spence Art Samurai Final Clash

Samurai Final Clash

Griffin Avid said:

Drew Spence Art Samurai Final Clash

Samurai Final Clash

Very awesome!

Custom RX Gundam

Custom RX Gundam

• The dirt on the edges of the panels/plates looks great.

My favorite is still Stardust Memories.

World War Mecha

World War Mecha