Freja 8 Tattoo Problem

I'm really new at this so bear with me!

I keep trying to apply the tattoos that come with Freja 8 to her body but they never appear. I can't seem to find them and all I know is is that they are H Materials. Eyelashses apply, body scars apply, but for some reason these don't. Is there a surface hierarchy that I can't find and they're just hidden? I'm a bit confused, so any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Are you rendering, or at least doing an Iray preview? As i recall these use Diffuse Overlay to ad the tattoos, and the Texture Shaded preview won't show them.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Are you rendering, or at least doing an Iray preview? As i recall these use Diffuse Overlay to ad the tattoos, and the Texture Shaded preview won't show them.

Sorry I'm a bit new to this still! But I have and nothing appears.  NOt sure what to do as I  managed by blind luck to get it to work once before, I just don't know the process is all! 

• If you go to the Editor (or Advanced) tab of Render Settings it is set to use Iray, not 3Delight or one of the Viewport modes?

• Richard Haseltine said:

If you go to the Editor (or Advanced) tab of Render Settings it is set to use Iray, not 3Delight or one of the Viewport modes?

Definitely set to Iray (MDL) for this one, yep. 

• Which set is this?

• If these were saved as Partial Material Presets or LIE (Layered Imaged Editor Presets), then you'd need to ensue the character is selected before applying the preset (unlike Hierarchical Material Presets).

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    edited February 2023

I'm fairly certain both Freja 8 and Kjaer 8's tattoos were geoshells. It should automatically create the geoshell and apply the tattoo when you click the tattoo preset. Can you post a screeshot of your scene pane with the figure expanded, like this:

Does it not show up for you like this?

Screenshot 2023-02-02 164317.jpg
    1524 x 948 - 193K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,631

zombietaggerung said:

I'm fairly certain both Freja 8 and Kjaer 8's tattoos were geoshells. It should automatically create the geoshell and apply the tattoo when you click the tattoo preset. Can you post a screeshot of your scene pane with the figure expanded, like this:

Does it not show up for you like this?

Indeed~ BTW, like your avatar yes~

• Russian1990Russian1990 Posts: 11
    edited February 2023

So this is what I see even after I've clicked a tattoo I want to apply, and I'm just not sure how to progress!

daznodepane.jpg
    383 x 195 - 17K
    Post edited by Russian1990 on
    edited February 2023

Russian1990 said:

So this is what I see even after I've clicked a tattoo I want to apply, and I'm just not sure how to progress!

There is a wearable - Freja 8 Tattoo !Geometry Shell in Tattoos folder, load it to Freja 8, then you may apply other tattoo material presets with this shell or Freja 8 selected~

BTW, there're different types of tattoo in DAZ : tattoo embedded on base material, LIE tattoo, Geoshell tattoo, decal tattoo etc, so the approach of loading them is different...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

Russian1990 said:

There is a wearable - Freja 8 Tattoo !Geometry Shell in Tattoos folder, load it to Freja 8, then you may apply other tattoo material with this shell or Freja 8 selected~

I could scream. The file wasn't in my smart content for some reason, but after you said that I did some digging, found it and gave it the right category! Thank you so much! 
    I mean I know have the problem of white textures but that's another thing entirely for another day...

Thank you all for your help! 

Russian1990 said:

crosswind said:

Russian1990 said:

There is a wearable - Freja 8 Tattoo !Geometry Shell in Tattoos folder, load it to Freja 8, then you may apply other tattoo material with this shell or Freja 8 selected~

I could scream. The file wasn't in my smart content for some reason, but after you said that I did some digging, found it and gave it the right category! Thank you so much! 
    I mean I know have the problem of white textures but that's another thing entirely for another day...

You're welcome! Yea~ white texture... that's one of the typical geoshell features - shell conflict cool

• crosswind said:

Russian1990 said:

crosswind said:

Russian1990 said:

You're welcome! Yea~ white texture... that's one of the typical geoshell features - shell conflict cool

Just found the best method is to turn off the conflicting shell parts! Honestly, this has been an experience!  

edited February 2023

Russian1990 said:

crosswind said:

Russian1990 said:

crosswind said:

Russian1990 said:

Just found the best method is to turn off the conflicting shell parts! Honestly, this has been an experience!  

Yep, tips & tricks mostly came from experiments~ But this is still not the best way, for instance, if you frequently use Geometry Editor or Mesh Grabber to do sth., when you switch back to Translate or Universal tool, those 'on/of toggles' (even if you lock them) will be reset as the shells have to be rebuild. A better way is to set Cutout Opacity of the corresponding surface on the shell to 0, that'll be done once and for all~  Not work for PBRSkin shader but most are not~

Post edited by crosswind on